Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Why does every single post that mentions the 2.0 end up on arguments about which one is better blah blah. Weve been fighting each others on which power platform is better since 2018. There are 100 threads to post your opinion. Ive voiced mine before once and that was it.

People with the V6 think they have the most reliable engine,me included, and it gives us peace of mind even if it isnt true. People with the 2.0 love the engine, I have not seen one single comment of a 2.0 owners who hates it. So can we just be happy that we like different things?
Something worth noting, is the fact that it's always a 3.6 owner who turns the thread into a pointless shit show. Emotional outbursts and negative comments towards something they are not qualified to comment on. Ever see a 2.0 owner pulling the same shit? And when someone chimes in with actual knowledge, it gets overshadowed with heaps of stupidity. It's a shame for the poor guy that comes along looking for facts and unknowingly goes away with false information.

I fully agree about the unnecessary infighting, which does nothing to benefit anyone involved. This world has been screwed over because of societies need to insert dividing lines in every facet of life, when we all just want the same things. Now, those dividing lines have to be brought in our little Jeep utopia. Wtf!
Sponsored

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My last vehicle was a 2.0 turbo. It was super reliable and had 400 ft lbs on tap. I probably would have taken a chance on Fiatā€™s 2.0 if they would have offered it coupled to the 6 speed.

Fireck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jku, 2021 JLUR
I am waiting my 21 rubicon with the 3.6 auto with E torque because now the auto come only with the E torque.
And I am sure that it will be very good thing!! No more alternator and a good 48Volts power pack..

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I am waiting my 21 rubicon with the 3.6 auto with E torque because now the auto come only with the E torque.
And I am sure that it will be very good thing!! No more alternator and a good 48Volts power pack..
Welcome to the forum!

Brenden

First Name
Brenden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon unlimited manual, 2021 Ram 1500 ecodiesel crew
Not experienced with jeep besides test drives. (My JLUR w/3.6 manual is on order :rock:)

I am experienced with turbo direct inject engines as a previous ford guy. Love everything about driving them. Had a few issues with my fords so I'm a little turned off by similar setups currently.

Nothing against the 2.0 and I really do hope its an amazing long life engine. I'm glad Jeep has given us so many options when it comes to powertrain.

Sponsored

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I feel your pain. I have been driving manuals all my life. And this clutch has multiple personalities. I stalled today while inching forward behind a car in the turn lane. I just pretended it was the ASS even though itā€™s disabled. Iā€™m going centerforce or south bend after I re gear.
sorry to hijack the thread with clutch talk.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you donā€™t mind me asking: how miles have you put on the Turbo 4 and have you seen any issues so far? This is more for my research in regards to my second Jeep. I always like hearing from experienced guys.
Just shy of 20k miles on my 2018 and 6k miles on my 2019.

Not one problem with either one of them, other than FCA installing the wrong TPMS sensors in the wheels of my 2019.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Unfortunately, most people just don't care to or aren't willing to dig....Most people have zero mechanical know how, which brings them here to seek advice. Speculators outnumber those in the know, so these threads quickly turn useless to the next guy looking to make an informed decision. Because the pages bloat with nonsense and posturing, and most of those in the know opt to just move along rather than beat their head into a wall.
Well said. In this forum, facts and truth seem to easily get sidelined, emotions rise, take over and then out comes a plethora of gross misinformation and supporters willing to argue in favor. Those aligned with the facts and the truth find arguing against those who arenā€™t and donā€™t want to correct themselves, both futile and exhausting.
I didn't see the light until I was already a man... by then it was nothing to me but blinding. Shadows betray you, because they belong to me. Lol! I couldn't help finishing that Baine speech.
:CWL: I LOLā€™d hard. Fact!!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well said. In this forum, facts and truth seem to easily get sidelined, emotions rise, take over and then out comes a plethora of gross misinformation and supporters willing to argue in favor. Those aligned with the facts and the truth find arguing against those who arenā€™t and donā€™t want to correct themselves, both futile and exhausting.
:CWL: I LOLā€™d hard. Fact!!
In the 4 years since I started lurking here, we've lost quite a high number of very smart and knowledgeable members. Most just quietly fell off, but some posted their lack of any further inclination due to the atmosphere changing for the worse. And like that, they were gone like Kaiser Soze. It's a shame, but it's to be expected on a free and open forum.

I'm glad you got a kick out of that little tangent. I didn't intend on it, but after seeing the typed words "l was born in it", I was triggered. I'm a movie geek. I kept typing so i could share my full train of thoughts, regardless of where they go.

Cheers, Kevin!

OP
OP
PunKin

PunKin

First Name
Pj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (SOLD)
Occupation
Growth Engineering Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for participating in the poll and taking the time to comment. I so appreciate it!
I have owned 3.8L JK in 2008, 3.6L JKU 2015 and 3.6L JK in 2018. I currently own JLUR with 2.0L.

At the time of purchase, I only step in to trade my JL 2-Dr with 4-Dr Rubicon without planning for any specific motor. There were 2.0L all over the lot with a significant rebate. (49K window sticker offered for 40K +Tax). It felt peppier, light and responsive when I test drove. So it was an easy decision. Only struggle that I have at this point is to prove my 3.6L friends in off-roading group look down upon my 4Cyl. :headbang:

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for participating in the poll and taking the time to comment. I so appreciate it!
I have owned 3.8L JK in 2008, 3.6L JKU 2015 and 3.6L JK in 2018. I currently own JLUR with 2.0L.

At the time of purchase, I only step in to trade my JL 2-Dr with 4-Dr Rubicon without planning for any specific motor. There were 2.0L all over the lot with a significant rebate. (49K window sticker offered for 40K +Tax). It felt peppier, light and responsive when I test drove. So it was an easy decision. Only struggle that I have at this point is to prove my 3.6L friends in off-roading group look down upon my 4Cyl. :headbang:
I'd say it has proven itself in the off-road environment and for general reliability. The only thing left is longevity. I would bet it will be comparable to any good DI turbo engine. Like I've said, it is off to a great start. I drove one in a loaner JL Sport and it was impressive.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I feel your pain. I have been driving manuals all my life. And this clutch has multiple personalities. I stalled today while inching forward behind a car in the turn lane. I just pretended it was the ASS even though itā€™s disabled. Iā€™m going centerforce or south bend after I re gear.
sorry to hijack the thread with clutch talk.
I couldn't agree with you guys more. I have owned several manual trans Jeeps, my last one was a 13' with the six speed. I test drove two 18s with manual transmissions. And I was very upset. I really wanted to like it. But the clutch was not a good feel, and I'm not a fan of the shorter shifts either. I guess that comes from driving a lot of older military stuff, I want to row.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
...but are really written by people that really don't know what they're talking about but are either just regurgitating the same closed minded thoughts that they heard while bouncing on dad's knee or those of the guy who was that kid.
"Tried & True"

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm gonna try heeding the advice you gave in the engine cover shit show (only read a couple posts after yours, to come to that conclusion). And also to that which was told to me multiple times throughout the years starting when I was about 6. "You can try to lead a horse to water, but sometimes you're better off letting him drop in the sun, before you find yourself laying next to him."
Sponsored