Sponsored

2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production

Deleted member 53226

Thanks. That's really disappointing. I thought this meant I'd have it before the end of the month.
Where in the world are they parking all these things? I know they have a massive lot and storage, but even a minimal day to day factory production equals a huge number or Jeeps they need to store. And they are going to wait 9 more days or so? Darn, that's a lot of railcars!
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just in! They decided to ship every order for customers not on the forum and Crypto because they know they are the most excellent people that are patient and will gladly wait months to let others get their orders.

Larry

First Name
Larry20
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK S 2-Door Rock Lobster Red, 2018 JL S 2-Door Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase

SilentSkut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently sans Jeep.
Occupation
Analysis-Paralysis Consultant, Alternator and Starter Expert
Check the link I provided. There are actual pictures of a couple 2021 Jeeps on their lot.

Sponsored

chadk77

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ, 2021 JLURubicon
Build Thread
Link
Ordered my JLUR from Koons on 8/14. Got my POC today and it says I’m in D1 status. I’ve never been so impatient about anything in my life but know it’s going to be a while before I can lay eyes on it. It will be worth the wait to get it exactly how I want it though.

JeeperJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara 4xe
Ordered my JLUR from Koons on 8/14. Got my POC today and it says I’m in D1 status. I’ve never been so impatient about anything in my life but know it’s going to be a while before I can lay eyes on it. It will be worth the wait to get it exactly how I want it though.
I ordered same day from Koons

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Again, ship date is more like build start date. If the build started early on a weekday morning, with no add ons to send it to JB, and inspection was a breeze, and the train was just waiting to pick it up, and Marcell would give up the key fobs, it could ship the same day. But Marcell usually doesn't cooperate.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Aug 27 - 8/27 Ship Date will obvie miss :( updated 8/26 Status F Paint
Again, ship date is more like build start date. If the build started early on a weekday morning, with no add ons to send it to JB, and inspection was a breeze, and the train was just waiting to pick it up, and Marcell would give up the key fobs, it could ship the same day. But Marcell usually doesn't cooperate.
And sometimes once it's all finished it sits in a storage yard for weeks with no confirmed legitimate reason while others who were built after you get to enjoy the feels of sitting in that sweet sweet driver seat.

Oh wait, that's just my current life. I hope you receive yours swiftly. But I wouldn't hold your breath.

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

And sometimes once it's all finished it sits in a storage yard for weeks with no confirmed legitimate reason while others who were built after you get to enjoy the feels of sitting in that sweet sweet driver seat.

Oh wait, that's just my current life. I hope you receive yours swiftly. But I wouldn't hold your breath.
Dang. This would be more painful than waiting for the build date. I hope you get your KZ status very soon. :fingerscrossed:

CO_JeepJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
This may be a one off so pardon me if it is, but I wonder if the "ship" date is really just the date that they are expecting it to move to the next status? Once it hit D1, mine had 8/26 as the ship date which we all know as the build date, and now that it moved to JS, the "ship" date is 9/11. I know that rhyme and reason is near non-existent so take it all with a grain of salt, but it kinda makes sense to me that they could use that 1 field over and over again to simplify things.
Sponsored