Sponsored

Trip A&B, Avg MPG & Diplay Setup Issues

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So as of today it’s holding the mpg on both the fuel economy page and trip info page. Not sure why yesterday it reset it twice on its own. If it does it again I’ll either contact you or bring it to the dealership as I’m sure that’s the only way to get it fixed. Thank you
Okay! Please feel free to reach out.

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I know everyone gets different stories from their dealer but this is what mine said a couple hours ago after “flashing” the software didn’t work.

Apparently Jeep told them this is a software problem and they are “refurbishing” not replacing these. I’m bringing my JLU back to the dealer, they have to download information from my cluster... then they send this info back to Jeep and Jeep provides the dealer with a module or something (sorry I forgot exactly what he said) ...takes 3-16 days then when my dealership gets the module I’ll bring my JLU back they update the software.

Hopefully this works I’ll update the thread, but it’s gonna take a while..
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

Scooter269

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR & 2019 Wrangler JLU sport S
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares
Good morning Alison,
So my 2020 JLUR that has 500 miles on it is now consistently resetting the mpg for both the trip and Average mpg screen. As well as no matter what screen you leave it on when you turn off the vehicle it, when you turn it on it opens up the average mpg page. How would you like me to proceed to get this issue rectified ?
Thank you
Scott

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Good morning Alison,
So my 2020 JLUR that has 500 miles on it is now consistently resetting the mpg for both the trip and Average mpg screen. As well as no matter what screen you leave it on when you turn off the vehicle it, when you turn it on it opens up the average mpg page. How would you like me to proceed to get this issue rectified ?
Thank you
Scott
Hi Scott,

I'm very sorry to hear this. Please send me a private message. I would like to get a case open for you.

Alison
JeepCares

Scooter269

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know everyone gets different stories from their dealer but this is what mine said a couple hours ago after “flashing” the software didn’t work.

Apparently Jeep told them this is a software problem and they are “refurbishing” not replacing these. I’m bringing my JLU back to the dealer, they have to download information from my cluster... then they send this info back to Jeep and Jeep provides the dealer with a module or something (sorry I forgot exactly what he said) ...takes 3-16 days then when my dealership gets the module I’ll bring my JLU back they update the software.

Hopefully this works I’ll update the thread, but it’s gonna take a while..
Let me know if this works for you !

Sponsored

ranman

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Brought the Jeep in today for them to download the info from the cluster - just took about 15 minutes. They are sending the info to Jeep and will call me to bring it back when ready. Will keep this thread updated.
I was going to leave mine broken because I read stories where folks had to leave their Jeeps at the dealer for weeks while a new cluster comes in. Today the dealership called and told me almost exactly what you did, which is great news.

This is my story as I perceived it:

I bring my JL in and the dealer sends the info to Jeep. Then I keep my JL until the new cluster comes in. The tricky part is that Jeep will estimate a matching mileage for when the cluster arrives. If the new cluster is set for a higher mileage than I actually have, I just continue to drive until I bring the mileage up to the new cluster setting. I imagine things go sour if my JL mileage is higher than the estimated mileage from Jeep.

I will post an update when the new cluster is installed.

Scooter269

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was going to leave mine broken because I read stories where folks had to leave their Jeeps at the dealer for weeks while a new cluster comes in. Today the dealership called and told me almost exactly what you did, which is great news.

This is my story as I perceived it:

I bring my JL in and the dealer sends the info to Jeep. Then I keep my JL until the new cluster comes in. The tricky part is that Jeep will estimate a matching mileage for when the cluster arrives. If the new cluster is set for a higher mileage than I actually have, I just continue to drive until I bring the mileage up to the new cluster setting. I imagine things go sour if my JL mileage is higher than the estimated mileage from Jeep.

I will post an update when the new cluster is installed.
Would you say the service department had a clue what was going on when you brought it in and explained it to them. I’m bringing mine in tomorrow morning. I fear they will look at me like I got a egg on my head

ranman

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Would you say the service department had a clue what was going on when you brought it in and explained it to them. I’m bringing mine in tomorrow morning. I fear they will look at me like I got a egg on my head
Yes, they seemed to have never heard of that before and I just shrugged it off thinking I would have to leave it there anyway. I was pleasantly surprised when they called me with a plan.

CMyers41

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Yes, they seemed to have never heard of that before and I just shrugged it off thinking I would have to leave it there anyway. I was pleasantly surprised when they called me with a plan.
Glad to hear someone else received same response from your dealer because I’ve been skeptical. Scooter269, yea I would say same thing my dealer seemed clueless but called me back with this plan after I said I was still having the cluster issue.

The most recent visit they didn’t mention “refurbished” they did say “replacement” this time. However nothing about the estimated mileage but it does make sense.
Hopefully all works out for us to end this clusterf**k.

Sponsored

CMyers41

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to hear someone else received same response from your dealer because I’ve been skeptical. Scooter269, yea I would say same thing my dealer seemed clueless but called me back with this plan after I said I was still having the cluster issue.

The most recent visit they didn’t mention “refurbished” they did say “replacement” this time. However nothing about the estimated mileage but it does make sense.
Hopefully all works out for us to end this clusterf**k.
Had my instrument cluster replaced over the weekend. It has only been a couple days but so far it has worked. My settings save and stay put when I return to the Jeep for my next drive. Crossing fingers it stays this way.

Good luck to everyone else having this issue, hopefully you can get your instrument cluster replaced and it works for you too.

Now on to other threads to figure out how to fix the UConnect Carplay screen flickering problem...

ajones0000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JLU
Checking back in on this thread ... I still have the issue but I've just been living with it. Have the fixes continued to work? Thanks!

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
Checking back in on this thread ... I still have the issue but I've just been living with it. Have the fixes continued to work? Thanks!
I had the issue for over a year. It somehow fixed itself with me doing absolutely nothing. Now I can reset A or B and they will stay averaging, until I reset them again.

CMyers41

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going on about 3 months now after instrument cluster was replaced and problems haven’t returned. Replacing the instrument cluster was only thing that worked for me.

RidgeRider

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
After 11k miles with no problem, all the sudden my 2020 JLU mpg gage started resetting when I would turn the car off for a stop and then back on (rather than only when I did the reset). Only the mpg on both screens reset and not the range. Also, the mpg on the trip A and B still behaves normally by not resetting unless I do it. No electronic adjustments were made to the screens or vehicle as I have everything dialed in. Any thoughts?
Sponsored