mikej

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Wow that is a super heavy combo. Weighs more than my 40x13.50r17 tire and wheel combo...
How much of your weight is tire vs wheel? Since these are aluminum, I gotta admit I was surprised by the total weight too.
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
How much of your weight is tire vs wheel? Since these are aluminum, I gotta admit I was surprised by the total weight too.
83 pound tire
27 pound wheel

I went aluminum, non headlock, but they do have the removable hard plastic rash ring.

OP
OP
mikej

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
83 pound tire
27 pound wheel

I went aluminum, non headlock, but they do have the removable hard plastic rash ring.
Gotcha. My tire is 65. So the wheel is 50. As Goin2drt mentioned, there’s a lot of hardware. The bolts alone may be pushing 8 pounds. It is an aluminum wheel, though.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Gotcha. My tire is 65. So the wheel is 50. As Goin2drt mentioned, there’s a lot of hardware. The bolts alone may be pushing 8 pounds. It is an aluminum wheel, though.
The bolts do weigh a decent amount. I have noticed that previously when I removed them to paint the rings.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I've changed my mind recently from set of Black rhino wheels and plan on going with the Hutchinson Rock Monsters, per their detail page on the site it says these weigh 35.6 lbs

Eta: I wonder if that is the stripped down weight, no nuts and bolts and no beadlocker sleeve

Last edited:
OP
OP
mikej

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I've changed my mind recently from set of Black rhino wheels and plan on going with the Hutchinson Rock Monsters, per their detail page on the site it says these weigh 35.6 lbs

Eta: I wonder if that is the stripped down weight, no nuts and bolts and no beadlocker sleeve
There's annoyingly little information published on the weight. I couldn't even find a ship weight for one wheel. But I can tell you that I scale weighed my wheel + tire at 115 lbs. It's possible my tire weighs more than 65lbs, but I really doubt a 315 KO2 weighs ~80lbs. So I'm guessing that weight leaves out a lot of the hardware.

For what it's worth, here's a similar Hutchinson wheel where someone weighed the individual pieces and found the sleeve alone is 13lbs: https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...gal-real-beadlock-wheels-and-37-tires.490999/

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
There's annoyingly little information published on the weight. I couldn't even find a ship weight for one wheel. But I can tell you that I scale weighed my wheel + tire at 115 lbs. It's possible my tire weighs more than 65lbs, but I really doubt a 315 KO2 weighs ~80lbs. So I'm guessing that weight leaves out a lot of the hardware.

For what it's worth, here's a similar Hutchinson wheel where someone weighed the individual pieces and found the sleeve alone is 13lbs: https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...gal-real-beadlock-wheels-and-37-tires.490999/
So judging by what his weight measurements were the weight listed on their page seems to be wheel and hardware, not the sleeve, I'm legit impressed with how much that thing weighs! Makes sense though that thing has got to be pretty robust. Did you install the TPS sensor to the sleeve? So yeah you're probably right around 48ish pounds

Sponsored

OP
OP
mikej

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So judging by what his weight measurements were the weight listed on their page seems to be wheel and hardware, not the sleeve, I'm legit impressed with how much that thing weighs! Makes sense though that thing has got to be pretty robust. Did you install the TPS sensor to the sleeve? So yeah you're probably right around 48ish pounds
I'm honestly not sure about the TPMS sensor. Northridge did the mounting for my current set of tires, but I'm really considering doing it myself when I go 37's. My TPMS sensors seem to be read just fine.

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm honestly not sure about the TPMS sensor. Northridge did the mounting for my current set of tires, but I'm really considering doing it myself when I go 37's. My TPMS sensors seem to be read just fine.
Ahh so they must of done that thats cool. I saw in that post the guy used those Dyna beads, those are interesting.

How are the balancing weights on yours? Did Northridge balance them well?

Last edited:

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
Ahh so they must of done that thats cool. I saw in that post the guy used those Dyna beads, those are interesting.
Dynabeads are a good solution for those hard core rock crawlers with tires that are beat, gouged, tore and with uneven wear.

If you have nice wheels and tires, go with a good stick-on weight and have them balanced by a tire shop that is familiar with balancing tires in your size.

OP
OP
mikej

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

How are the balancing weights on yours? Did Northridge balance them well?
There’s a fair amount of weight on there, but two years in, they’re still well balanced.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
love those wheels just out of my price range right now and near future.... So I will stick with my beadlocks....
Sponsored