First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR Diesel, '17 Cherokee, '16 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Retired - most of the time anyway
Our club finds that a two dollar decal seems to be important to people who go on our overland trips. We started doing decals for all trips starting 2016 but we made a few commemorative ones for our 1st trip in 2007, our Monument Valley trip in 2008 and our 2011 Arctic Jeep Expedition. www.jeepexpeditions.club

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Your Badges of Honor On Your Rig Trip Badges
Sponsored

Techbrute

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
@steelponycowboy

Very nice, legitimately impressed.

I'm on my second Wrangler (still have my TJ, just bought a JLU), but I never got into serious offroading, just messing around on the ranch and such.

Based on your experience and skill, are a lot of them doable with a stock JLU Rubicon? Are there any that definitely aren't?

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@steelponycowboy

Very nice, legitimately impressed.

I'm on my second Wrangler (still have my TJ, just bought a JLU), but I never got into serious offroading, just messing around on the ranch and such.

Based on your experience and skill, are a lot of them doable with a stock JLU Rubicon? Are there any that definitely aren't?
Yes, many of them are doable in a stock JK or JL Rubicon. There are others that are not like Pritchett Canyon in Moab. Some of the tough ones do have bypasses, some don't. Look at the ratings on the Badge of Honor app. Your stock Rubicon should have it fairly easy on those trails as high as 6 or 7. Never go alone (more than one Jeep) and have someone that is a good spotter on some trails. Other trails like Schnebly Hill in Arizona we see Honda Accords on that trail. Jeep rates the Rubicon as the toughest but that's a stretch. My TJ with 33's did fine on the Rubicon and I did take some bypasses. When ever possible I like to have two other vehicles on these trails with me for safety. I went to many of the trails on my own and met up with others who I teamed up with to do the trails. On weekends its pretty easy to find someone at the trail head on most. I ran into other Jeeps at the trails in Oregon, Montana, NC, GA and TX right away. Some of the trails are at off-road parks and always seem to have some traffic. Do like me, set up a vacation around trails. Pretty easy to do most of the trails in Moab in a week, same with SW Colorado. My last road trip to complete the last badges I needed took me from AZ to OR to MT to TX, GA, NC and VA. It was a 6000+ mile trek over two months (I did a lot of non BOH trails and events like Bantam, Wildwood Jeep Invasion, PA Jeeps, OC Jeep Week and a few other events on that trip).

I got stuck in Utah three years ago in BFE and it took 3 other Jeeps with winches to get me out, hence, never go out as the only vehicle. I like to have 3 including me but in this case it took 3 plus me or I would still be there.

Good luck, have fun and be safe on the trails !

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Just started organizing a Trip from Michigan to the Rubicon Trail and Moab in July if things are open enough. There are four JLURs set to go and possibly a Gladiator. We are all running 37s. and will camp as much as possible. Three of the JLURs will pull small campers, and one bud will sleep in his JLUR and the Gladiator guy will tent it.

After Easter Jeep Safari, was cancelled, then my trip to Windrock was cancelled and Jeep the Mac on Drummond Island was cancelled, we had to come with another plan.

The route is over 4000 miles with out any wheeling on the trails. Fingers crossed and ready to get out of Michigan.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Just started organizing a Trip from Michigan to the Rubicon Trail and Moab in July if things are open enough. There are four JLURs set to go and possibly a Gladiator. We are all running 37s. and will camp as much as possible. Three of the JLURs will pull small campers, and one bud will sleep in his JLUR and the Gladiator guy will tent it.

After Easter Jeep Safari, was cancelled, then my trip to Windrock was cancelled and Jeep the Mac on Drummond Island was cancelled, we had to come with another plan.

The route is over 4000 miles with out any wheeling on the trails. Fingers crossed and ready to get out of Michigan.
Man, I wish I could tag along with you guys! Looking forward to the stories and pics!

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sounds like a great trip and an opportunity to earn a half dozen or more Badges of Honor. Have a GREAT time !

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I guess to some that could be a "badge of honor". I had a buddy that had a bumper sticker on his Jeep that said "chicks dig body damage". My chick didn't agree ;)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I guess to some that could be a "badge of honor". I had a buddy that had a bumper sticker on his Jeep that said "chicks dig body damage". My chick didn't agree ;)
Lol! That is more what I would call a tattoo of honor!

Sponsored

jeep0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 14 328 xdrive
Badges are arriving within 2 weeks at the moment.

Yes, they have made a lot of improvements to the BOH program, gone it seems are the days when it would take a year to get a badge after doing a trail. The guys in my club are telling me that they are getting badges in about 4 weeks. My last badges came to me also in about 4 weeks. Their customer service has also gotten way better. I think they realize that they could have the best brand loyalty program ever and are working hard to get there. Now if only dealers would work more on letting buyers know by selling them more than the vehicle, sell them on the lifestyle

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
They all look awesome! A newbie question, how to get those badges? Do I just need to check in from the Jeep Badge of Honor app when I get to the trail and the GSP in the app would know when I completed?
Sponsored