Sponsored

Black Bear Pass

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I have a 2019 JL 2Dr Sport with a RTT on a Maximus 3 Rack and a 2.5 inch lift and 35s. The entire RTT setup weighs in at around 275 pounds. With this setup being more top heavy than normal would it be problematic driving Black Bear Pass? I can't remember seeing any RTT rigs on BBP videos.
I have a feeling these rigs are a bit more top heavy than yours and think you should be fine. When are you going?
Sponsored

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
Lord yes, a little loaded. Actually I have found other examples on video including one of a Dodge 2500 making the run. I am heading out there next summer, and would have this summer except for this damned virus crap.

smarshall

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Typically rains everyday in the afternoons in the summer up there...JFYI. It's not a big deal. The roads are all rock based....so there really aren't too many traction issues.
So I guess the afternoon storms can on rare occasion get pretty hairy. Yikes. It was a nice sunny day when I was there in Sept last year.

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Watching these videos, a few questions:

Do they have their front sway bars disconnected?

what do you think they aired down to in order to keep traction on the steps?

Last edited:

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Answering my own post. Sway bars absolutely disconnected on these trails, and I aired down to 22 psi which was fine. The gas stations in Telluride (on the outside of town) offer free air, so didn’t have to get out the compressor. On Imogene I used the front and rear lockers on a few sections on the Ouray side as it was raining and needed to get up some slick rock Sections.

Sponsored

OP
OP

OldGreen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps. All Jeeps. LJ, XJ, CJ, WK2
If you guys liked the video in the OP, please subscribe to my channel. It helps me a Lot!

Chrisbayridge1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Clubs

Finally got a video together of Black Bear 2 weeks ago. IF you like this kind of content, please subscribe to my channel. The YouTube algorithm picked up this video so good things are happening!

Thanks!
Sponsored