Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Manquel finally convinced Marcell people were actually ordering manuals and diesels - he said no self-respecting mall crawler would do that - so he opened the door that had them backed up and let them in to Trim to finish the build. You guys can thank Manquel for getting your Jeeps.

AppleJacks23

First Name
A.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Human Resources
Vehicle Showcase
All build sheets found EXCEPT for potatoman1.
Just went through Kingz489 build sheet. So nice to see a diesel rubicon go through. Expecting to see mine this week too!

Sponsored

DeviantCK

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara Manual. Expecting 2021 JLU Rubicon Manual Sarge Green
Mine is a cold weather manual
And the conspiracy crumbles!!! hahaha im pulling at literal straws trying to make sense of why they dont want to build mine hahahaha

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
God dammit Nerubi just let me have this :party:
i can tell you about the long journey waits several Canadian people experienced in June, July and August and no dealer info given to them. They thought they lived in the NW Territories as long as it took. But CN will have yours there before you even realize it. Guaranteed.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
And the conspiracy crumbles!!! hahaha im pulling at literal straws trying to make sense of why they dont want to build mine hahahaha
Change your name to NormalCK. You are making them scared. Or maybe UnicornCK or RainbowCK. Bet it gets done the next day.

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
i can tell you about the long journey waits several Canadian people experienced in June, July and August and no dealer info given to them. They thought they lived in the NW Territories as long as it took. But CN will have yours there before you even realize it. Guaranteed.
In all seriousness, I know you're right. My dealer said it normally should arrive in ten business days (lol) but I don't buy that, at all.

That doesn't stop me from beaming over it, I've been soo patient and good while everyone else was getting build sheets and window stickers and info galore. This is good.

Sponsored

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold), 2012 Black Dodge Journey, 2021 HellaYella Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
Network Administrator / Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered a '21 Wrangler (Altitude, 2.0L)on 6/27. Just got notification from my salesman that it's in transit and will be at the Kansas City rail yard on/by 9/5!
Yours and my wifes are probably on the same train :)

EchoCharlie1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR; '17 F-250 FX4 Platinum; '15 Tesla S 85D; '15 Volvo XC60 T6; '16 Ducati Monster 1200R; '09 Vans RV-6
Occupation
Navy "Mustang" (ret); Engineering Manager, Space/Maritime Programs
Well...I must have fallen into the Twilight Zone! “Emily” (Jeep chat) said that the make and model doesn’t start production until tomorrow. :headbang: :angry:

Not my first rodeo on ordering a new car, but when Rubicons ordered a month after ours are being shipped and there is no supposed delays AND they are being built as they are ordered, WTH is the delay?:swear:

Impatient as a 5-year old the week before Christmas? Perhaps. But I’ve been around production facilities to know that “typically” it’s FIFO (first in, first out).

Any light that can be shed on the topic, would be appreciated.

At the end of the chat, Emily said that she would open a case to determine what happened to our order.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Why don't you listen. I've been through this for two years, hundreds of orders, talked with sales managers, assembly line workers, helped many get info and their order. It is not FIFO no matter how much you think it should be.

WillysGirl publishes the list of builds and stickers so you can see it does not matter when you order or when it is built it happens when the system says it will. If you want to get real impatient what are you going to do if September comes and still no build? It happens.

Dealers are starting to get their orders ahead of custom orders because that is where most of their sales and profit comes from.

EchoCharlie1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR; '17 F-250 FX4 Platinum; '15 Tesla S 85D; '15 Volvo XC60 T6; '16 Ducati Monster 1200R; '09 Vans RV-6
Occupation
Navy "Mustang" (ret); Engineering Manager, Space/Maritime Programs
Why don't you listen.
Because I’m a self admitted impatient 5-year old in a 55-year young body. :rock:

Being a Chief Engineer on many root cause analysis boards and dealing with logic, I look into the details. It’s what I do.

I‘m starting to think that it’s the modernized theft protection system (manual tranny) that could be delaying the build, since most built units are automatics and the demand for them is higher. Like you said, providing greater sales and profits for the dealerships.

WillysGirl has been doing a fantastic favor for all of us and I’m enjoying the friendly banter.

Cheers!

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Because I’m a self admitted impatient 5-year old in a 55-year young body. :rock:

Being a Chief Engineer on many root cause analysis boards and dealing with logic, I look into the details. It’s what I do.

I‘m starting to think that it’s the modernized theft protection system (manual tranny) that could be delaying the build, since most built units are automatics and the demand for them is higher. Like you said, providing greater sales and profits for the dealerships.

WillysGirl has been doing a fantastic favor for all of us and I’m enjoying the friendly banter.

Cheers!
I ordered 6/18, got a build sheet the first week of builds, I have been in “trim” for almost 2 weeks now. There truly is no method to this madness. Lol. Mine is a V6 automatic rubicon.

Advertisement

Advertisement