Joshrs

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My mopar 2” lift is causing my springs to bow out.

is this normal...I figured they should be straight???

What am I missing here...the lift was dealer installed. I’d assume they would have done it properly.

Sorry the pics side ways. iPhone issues

A38328ED-54C4-45DA-95E0-B618B5D87834.jpeg
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

What am I missing here...the lift was dealer installed. I’d assume they would have done it properly.

Yes unfortunately that is common with that lift. Get some of these, they’ll straighten you up........

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2” lift - springs bowing 63B84859-458F-44C2-9273-3F32E20F10E0

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Yes unfortunately that is common with that lift. Get some of these, they’ll straighten you up........

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2” lift - springs bowing 63B84859-458F-44C2-9273-3F32E20F10E0
Are you running those? Did the front stay level? I've heard second hand reports that one side winds up higher than the other.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Are you running those? Did the front stay level? I've heard second hand reports that one side winds up higher than the other.
Yes, I have them under my rk springs. Rk gives you a passenger rear isolator that’s a half inch taller to compensate for fuel tank weight but I also put half inch spacer in front to pacify my ocd. The Mopar springs are a half inch longer front and rear so I didn’t have any issues when I had my Mopar kit on.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I have them under my rk springs. Rk gives you a passenger rear isolator that’s a half inch taller to compensate for fuel tank weight but I also put half inch spacer in front to pacify my ocd. The Mopar springs are a half inch longer front and rear so I didn’t have any issues when I had my Mopar kit on.
So when the fuel tank is full it is level, without the spacer? I wonder if never measured if I'd even notice?

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So when the fuel tank is full it is level, without the spacer? I wonder if never measured if I'd even notice?
When the fuel tank is full, the passenger side is lower without the spacer. But we’re talking about a 1/2” on my rig, not a big deal really. I just put a 1/2” spacer in the front so now with a half to full tank of fuel , the passenger sits 1/4” lower , but when I’m in it it sits level.

I think what some of the guys were talking about is, with some lifts there is no compensation for fuel tank so they’re noticing a lean that they didn’t notice when stock, because stock springs are corner specific. MC was one that some guys were complaining about, but I think they came out with some corrective wedges or are coming out with, to fix it.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When the fuel tank is full, the passenger side is lower without the spacer. But we’re talking about a 1/2” on my rig, not a big deal really. I just put a 1/2” spacer in the front so now with a half to full tank of fuel , the passenger sits 1/4” lower , but when I’m in it it sits level.

I think what some of the guys were talking about is, with some lifts there is no compensation for fuel tank so they’re noticing a lean that they didn’t notice when stock, because stock springs are corner specific. MC was one that some guys were complaining about, but I think they came out with some corrective wedges or are coming out with, to fix it.
Is it noticeable without correction? I rarely have less than 1/2 tank, anyway.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Is it noticeable without correction? I rarely have less than 1/2 tank, anyway.
Are you on a lift ? You can check by measuring from top of tire to bottom of the fender and see if there’s a difference.

JoeRubi

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
I am scheduled to have the Mopar lift I bought put on next month. The one I bought came with spring isolators that are supposed to correct the bowing issue? Is this not true. Should I get the rock krawler pads? Anything other recommendations before I have it installed? Thanks!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are you on a lift ? You can check by measuring from top of tire to bottom of the fender and see if there’s a difference.
I've got the Mopar and have about 35k on it with lots of off-roading. It has performed exceptionally well. The driver side spring bowed a bit, so I took it in and they put a new spring pad in it. That helped, but it has gotten back to where it was. It doesn't rub, but it does look close. I don't mind it as long as it doesn't rub. That said, I also wouldn't mind if was a bit more straight. I've got a set of the RK spring pads but haven't gotten around to installing them because I don't want it to be lopsided enough to notice.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I am scheduled to have the Mopar lift I bought put on next month. The one I bought came with spring isolators that are supposed to correct the bowing issue? Is this not true. Should I get the rock krawler pads? Anything other recommendations before I have it installed? Thanks!
I haven’t installed the newest version yet, so I can’t say if the new isolators work or not. But one thing I’d suggest is measure your ride height now either center to center of the shock connecting bolts or from top of axle to bottom of top coil housing, so you can see how much lift you actually get. If it’s 3” or more then you’ll need adjustable track bars to center your axles.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've got the Mopar and have about 35k on it with lots of off-roading. It has performed exceptionally well. The driver side spring bowed a bit, so I took it in and they put a new spring pad in it. That helped, but it has gotten back to where it was. It doesn't rub, but it does look close. I don't mind it as long as it doesn't rub. That said, I also wouldn't mind if was a bit more straight. I've got a set of the RK spring pads but haven't gotten around to installing them because I don't want it to be lopsided enough to notice.
Yeah...... I’m not sure they really improved them much. I’d put on the rks and see how it does, you can always put it back the way it is. is your front axle centered?

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Which version of the Mopar lift did they install? AC, AD, AE, etc?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah...... I’m not sure they really improved them much. I’d put on the rks and see how it does, you can always put it back the way it is. is your front axle centered?
Yep, it is centered. I've got a Rancho adjustable track bar on the front.
Sponsored