Rubicon Take Offs Worth It?

Parratt

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD, 1988 MJ, 2010 XK (Sold)
Compared to using the springs on a 2dr, the lift has been .5 to .75" less from all the info I've seen.

Ah, Probably my misunderstanding. i thought you meant it gave a negative lift, or a "drop" my bad.
Sponsored

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Someone is offering me wheels, tires, and suspension from a 2019 Rubicon (waiting to hear back if it was 2 or 4 door).

$1600. Taken off at 4400 miles. Does this seem like a fair price?

I have a stock 2018 JLU Sahara.
I like the idea of doing this over a lift (for now at least) as it seems much simpler and cost effective. I crawl malls like a newborn at Baby Gap, looking to start getting into some off-roading but nothing crazy, really just want a cooler look.
Not really a very good Price. Dont rush, I found a set of Brand new wheels for $500. Some people get in a rush and just want to change s fast as they can. Watch Offer up, there are some deals but you got to be quick. To be honest the Rubicon wheels are going for $800 to$1000. But I would not want a used Lift with 4400 on it.. Noooooo......

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Well that's one opinion, I'm glad I went w/ them. I think for the 2dr they're a good upgrade since you get decent lift, and the shocks are a definite upgrade from the stock Sport versions.

For a JLU or JLUS the decreased lift from the Rubi take offs does make it somewhat less desirable.
I got my rubi suspension from a fully optioned 2DR rubi, and got 2 inches of lift. So I would guess a JLUS would get plenty from a JLUR. The springs were +5 from my stock springs.

Last edited:

DJC

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
Thanks, I've been looking at Rubi Rock Rails combined with ACE JL Rock Sliders. I need something for my 5 and 8 year old to climb into the Jeep. I'm also considering Mopar Tube Doors. I've had this thing for about a month and have at least 10-15 related accessory purchases under my belt. Love this thing. My wallet, not so much.
I took the OEM rock rails off of my Rubi, they looked great but I was getting a fair amount of stone chips on my door hinges, so I bought and installed the Mopar step rock sliders... kinda pricey but they offer both stone protection and have a step and look pretty slick...
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Take Offs Worth It? F6660BA7-627E-4473-AE14-25B86612B832
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Take Offs Worth It? 0FF30A0F-04CE-4CC3-BE07-278149AD0117

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I think I paid $1200 for my take offs with TPMS and 10 miles on them. Could have waited for a better price but it was hard to find a set with TPMS with in a reasonable drive. Then I sold my stock rims for $700.

Sponsored

Mandalorian

First Name
MANDALORIAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT
Clubs

Someone is offering me wheels, tires, and suspension from a 2019 Rubicon (waiting to hear back if it was 2 or 4 door).

$1600. Taken off at 4400 miles. Does this seem like a fair price?

I have a stock 2018 JLU Sahara.
I like the idea of doing this over a lift (for now at least) as it seems much simpler and cost effective. I crawl malls like a newborn at Baby Gap, looking to start getting into some off-roading but nothing crazy, really just want a cooler look.
I got my KO2s and wheels for $800 and they had 4000 miles on them. Just picked up rubi shocksand springs for $100 and they had less than 50 miles on them. I would pass on them and not talk to that person ever again. They aren't doing you any favors.

KsLand

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
I would wait for a better deal, for instance I just sold my 5 rubicon takeoffs for $900 today. I may have been able to hold out for a little more but just wanted to move on.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
I also wanted Rubicon takeoffs, but they seems to be overpriced near me ($1,400), so I end up with slightly used set of 20s for now for $900, that originally cost someone $2,400 with sensors and 34" A/T tires installed.

R Suspension -$100 and you can always add 3/4 front and rear spacers to achieve lift that does not look out of proportion. (Have yet to install suspension).

Jking

First Name
Joe King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl jeep
Well for the Rubi suspension it depends on what springs you get And that will change how much lift you get. I just picked up springs off a Rubi with hardtop, steel bumpers, and towing package so I should get a decent amount of lift. I Paid $175 and I’ve been looking for $100 Rubi suspension for months! Lol.. I think it depends on where your at, they are on the member marketplace here cheaper but alot of people don’t want to ship or it’s the lower lift Rubi spring numbers which won’t give you as much li

I’ve had Rubi take offs for about a year and love them on my sport! Paid $1100 for them and this also depends on where your at, shipping is too expensive If they are not local is it worth driving all day and spending $ 50 bucks in gas to save $100 bucks ? Not to me .

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Well for the Rubi suspension it depends on what springs you get And that will change how much lift you get. I just picked up springs off a Rubi with hardtop, steel bumpers, and towing package so I should get a decent amount of lift. I Paid $175 and I’ve been looking for $100 Rubi suspension for months! Lol.. I think it depends on where your at, they are on the member marketplace here cheaper but alot of people don’t want to ship or it’s the lower lift Rubi spring numbers which won’t give you as much li

I’ve had Rubi take offs for about a year and love them on my sport! Paid $1100 for them and this also depends on where your at, shipping is too expensive If they are not local is it worth driving all day and spending $ 50 bucks in gas to save $100 bucks ? Not to me .
You'll be happy w/ those springs on your 2dr for sure!

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
OEM tires are manufactured softer specifically for the vehicle manufacturer so people have a nicer ride on test drives and more will buy. Softer in return means they wear out faster. I would only buy take offs if the deal is stupid good.

Last edited:

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
In terms of suspension. I think I paid $170’s if I remember for the takeoff Rubi suspension. Rock rails I got for FREE from another member. I got Teraflex hockey pucks for cheap online. That did the trick for me at about a 2” net lift over stock.

I have aftermarket wheels and tires so I can’t comment there.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Take Offs Worth It? 50C53EE7-35BE-4350-B490-A8C0483A3DF8
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Take Offs Worth It? 88F66B76-A754-4E72-8B3E-FF5451B91FAD
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Take Offs Worth It? D9DC5454-F58D-4BB6-8896-F62411D1FE52
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Take Offs Worth It? C51A6270-A5F5-498C-95FD-4AC43A97D985

Sincerely,

Coolest Dad In Town

JamieJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2019
Found a set of Rubicon take-offs for $1,500CAD last winter. The owner hadn't taken possession of his JL yet, since he was getting a lift kit, wheels/tires, winch, etc added to his JLUR. They were never driven on, so I figured it was a good deal for wheels and tires.
Kind of tempted to get a little spacer lift, or find a set of rubicon take-off suspension near me for cheap.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Take Offs Worth It? IMG-4992

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Take Offs Worth It? IMG-3838
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Take Offs Worth It? IMG-7676.JPG

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
The Rubi wheels/tires really look good, and I love then on my Sport S. Shop around and be patient and you’ll find some. I strongly suggest checking the for sale section here Daily if you are serious, as the good deals go fast.
Sponsored