Sponsored

Birchrun

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
My dealer called Friday and said they had the parts for the TSB, much to my surprise and their own, and got me into the shop today. I'm hopeful about getting this TSB done and I'll see how the steering is after the updates... it would be nice to avoid more dealer visits for a long time after this (they just had it for the clutch recall work too).

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon granite 2 doors; 2021 willys Sarge
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had luck within the NJ/NY/CT/Long island area? I can't find a dealer who's willing to acknowledge the issue.
Try Ellington CT. Ask for Dan.

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
So I just called my dealership I have a driveablity test on Wednesday for my Jeep to verify that I am having the steering problem. But they are already blaming my lift . I mean, if I say that I am having the issue, why the work around?

Kev84

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Had my diagnostic appt. this morning at the dealership.
I pulled in and just explained a dead spot in the steering and always pulling to the right.
they didn’t even drive it just said we have a bulletin for that and will order the parts now.
2.5” Teraflex ST2 lift and 35s.

Last edited:

Sponsored

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Andres suggest you contact
So I just called my dealership I have a driveablity test on Wednesday for my Jeep to verify that I am having the steering problem. But they are already blaming my lift . I mean, if I say that I am having the issue, why the work around?
suggest you contact JeepCares in a PM.

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Had my diagnostic appt. this morning at the dealership.
I pulled in and just explained a dead spot in the steering and always pulling to the right.
they didn’t even drive it just said we have a bulletin for that and will order the parts now.
2.5” Teraflex ST2 lift and 35s.
Hopefully it goes just as smooth for me on Wednesday.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Subscribed. My 3 week old Rubicon wanders a bit, I'm going to wait and let the dealers get used to swapping these out. Then I'll make an appointment.

Doubleaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Sitting at the dealership now for them to take a look at My 2019 rubi. Handed them a copy of the TSB and explained that the steering has a dead spot, requires constant steering correction, and drifts to the left/right. Mostly noticeable 40 mph and higher.

They plan to take it for a test drive and will see if the TSB is a warranty repair.
They said this is the first one they have heard about and would not order the kit until they verify the problem.
Wish me luck

Sponsored

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Andres I understand fully.
I reached out to JeepCares because my dealership refused to proceed. Our Wrangler is stock. It's a long story; JeepCares went the extra mile and referred me to FCA Jeep Canadian Customer Care as they had to. JeepCares cannot serve Canadian customers.

Many people have spent a lot of money to resolve the handling problems in their Jeeps. Many have modified their Jeeps. That's part of the wonderful Jeep community we're in.

Meantime the Bronco is being sold right now. Jeep has been riding a wave of incredible sales success. I wonder if that is why Jeep finally issued the TSB?

I'm happy that JeepCares is finally acknowledging posts about JL Wrangler handling.

Dave

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Andres I understand fully.
I reached out to JeepCares because my dealership refused to proceed. Our Wrangler is stock. It's a long story; JeepCares went the extra mile and referred me to FCA Jeep Canadian Customer Care as they had to. JeepCares cannot serve Canadian customers.

Many people have spent a lot of money to resolve the handling problems in their Jeeps. Many have modified their Jeeps. That's part of the wonderful Jeep community we're in.

Meantime the Bronco is being sold right now. Jeep has been riding a wave of incredible sales success. I wonder if that is why Jeep finally issued the TSB?

I'm happy that JeepCares is finally acknowledging posts about JL Wrangler handling.

Dave
Sounds good brother I will contact them and see what can be done.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Sitting at the dealership now for them to take a look at My 2019 rubi. Handed them a copy of the TSB and explained that the steering has a dead spot, requires constant steering correction, and drifts to the left/right. Mostly noticeable 40 mph and higher.

They plan to take it for a test drive and will see if the TSB is a warranty repair.
They said this is the first one they have heard about and would not order the kit until they verify the problem.
Wish me luck
let us know how it goes. my appointment is tomorrow.