First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Thanks everyone, great info, won’t be buying
You likely made the right choice,

A quick look at the Member market place here shows 5 (low mileage) KO2s with TPMS and the OEM rims for +/- $1,000. Rubi takeoff suspensions for about $200. The seller’s starting price is too high.
Sponsored

BD-YYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara - Sting Grey
Very happy with mine. I am in Canada and paid more, there are fewer Rubicons up here
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Take Offs Worth It? IMG_4823

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I've been looking at Rubi Rock Rails combined with ACE JL Rock Sliders. I need something for my 5 and 8 year old to climb into the Jeep. I'm also considering Mopar Tube Doors. I've had this thing for about a month and have at least 10-15 related accessory purchases under my belt. Love this thing. My wallet, not so much.
I just listed a set of 4 door Rubicon rock rails in the pay it forward section of the members marketplace. Free to anyone willing to pick up. No damage, just need a cleaning.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I just listed a set of 4 door Rubicon rock rails in the pay it forward section of the members marketplace. Free to anyone willing to pick up. No damage, just need a cleaning.
Nice of you. Rubi rockrail pricing has been falling and falling to the point where I am aware that some folks just want to pay them forward and get them to a good home. I was able to sell mine for $80 back in April but, I seem to recall pricing of $125-$150 a year before that.......

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Rubicon takeoff aren't worth the sweat it takes to get them to the dumpster IMO.
Well that's one opinion, I'm glad I went w/ them. I think for the 2dr they're a good upgrade since you get decent lift, and the shocks are a definite upgrade from the stock Sport versions.

For a JLU or JLUS the decreased lift from the Rubi take offs does make it somewhat less desirable.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Someone is offering me wheels, tires, and suspension

$1600. Taken off at 4400 miles. Does this seem like a fair price?
I have noticed a wide range of prices on the forum, from $800 to $1600 for wheels and tires. I've also checked our local craigslist and prices there are $1600 and up. The tires new sell here for about $1200 for a set of 5, with full warranty and service. And you don't really need the tires unless you want the look, the tires will fit on the rims you already have. I've seen the wheels advertised for $500 for a set of 5. If a person is selling used merchandis, no warranty, no guarantee of condition, frequently 10-25$ fo the treadwear is already gone, then $800 sounds more like it.

One problem is that there aren't enough of them available at the reasonable pricing to define the market. I watch the member sale area frequently but haven't found any that I could buy. If I could buy a set right now in my area for reasonable price, I would. I can't find any so if I get tired of waiting I'll have to pay more money, and I still might just buy the new tires rather than used take-offs.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I have noticed a wide range of prices on the forum, from $800 to $1600 for wheels and tires. I've also checked our local craigslist and prices there are $1600 and up. The tires new sell here for about $1200 for a set of 5, with full warranty and service. And you don't really need the tires unless you want the look, the tires will fit on the rims you already have. I've seen the wheels advertised for $500 for a set of 5. If a person is selling used merchandis, no warranty, no guarantee of condition, frequently 10-25$ fo the treadwear is already gone, then $800 sounds more like it.

One problem is that there aren't enough of them available at the reasonable pricing to define the market. I watch the member sale area frequently but haven't found any that I could buy. If I could buy a set right now in my area for reasonable price, I would. I can't find any so if I get tired of waiting I'll have to pay more money, and I still might just buy the new tires rather than used take-offs.
The OEM Rubicon tires are $250 a piece new, the wheels are worth a few hundred, the suspension takeoffs 100-200

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I bought 5 for $1050. For $1500 I would buy different wheels and tires.
I agree. If we have to compare with new prices then the ones that are on my car now would be worth almost as much as Rubicon takeoffs.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Theres a decreased lift putting JLU Rubin suspension on a JLU Sahara?
Compared to using the springs on a 2dr, the lift has been .5 to .75" less from all the info I've seen.

Tdurden032

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Just my two cents, but that seems a little expensive to me, but I’m no expert certainly - I agree with what others have said in that there doesn’t seem to be a very defined market so it’s tough to say...
Sponsored