Sponsored

JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Rock Red Pearl 2-door Wrangler Sahara (Sold); 2021 Sarge Green 4-door Wrangler Rubicon; 1995 Ford F250 XLT 7.3L Powerstroke
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Update: Dealer/Sales Manager reassured me it will never be sold to someone else and as soon as it comes in it goes with other sold vehicles, nor will it be test driven by customers.
AND he also added it now has a Local Railroad (West side of Denver) shipping date. What I thought was weird is according to him it's being built now.(Dealer and JC have said D1 for last 14 days) He read off what it said on my sheet and listed the following dates 9/13-9/16 and then additionally 3 days for offloading of the train. So he said it should be here before October, aye' good news to me if it's accurate!

(Most of their lot orders are in storage currently but have the same date too)

...Or Marcell is playing me. Time will tell :)
Which dealership did you order through? My dealer (Prestige in Longmont) has been telling me that it's still being built since July. They only started production in August, did he give you an exact status (framing, paint, trim, etc?) Or just a generic, "its being built"?

Advertisement

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Have my fellow 2021 waiters been watching the used car market?

I am likely going to trade my Hard Rock rather than selling it privately. My dealer and I agreed on a tentative value which we will revisit upon delivery of the new Jeep in Sep/Oct. By reassessing I suspect that they were trying to protect themselves from potential weakness in the used car market. In reality, just the opposite has happened. I've been tracking the trade value in KBB since I placed my order. My Jeep is now worth at least $1,000 more than in early July. It will be interesting to see how willing they'll be to adjust to market now that we are in the highly unusual situation of appreciation in used vehicles. In case your wondering the Manheim auction values have risen in virtual lock step.

BLAM

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Which dealership did you order through? My dealer (Prestige in Longmont) has been telling me that it's still being built since July. They only started production in August, did he give you an exact status (framing, paint, trim, etc?) Or just a generic, "its being built"?
AutoNation West Jeep, Manager said the status was D1 but according to him said Production and not Pre Production, but no specific stage; which I didn't like. But the fact he read the Railroad shipping order with dates made me wonder if I'm one of the people that won't see their Build sheet until it's all done or in Storage. Previously that date was just "Estimated Shipping Date 9/2" which has since changed to Railroad info w/ Dates on my sheet.

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Have my fellow 2021 waiters been watching the used car market? I am likely going to trade my Hard Rock rather than selling it privately. My dealer and I agreed on a tentative value which we will revisit upon delivery of the new Jeep in Sep/Oct. By reassessing I suspect that they were trying to protect themselves from potential weakness in the used car market. In reality, just the opposite has happened. I've been tracking the trade value in KBB since I placed my order. My Jeep is now worth at least $1,000 more than in early July. It will be interesting to see how willing they'll be to adjust to market now that we are in the highly unusual situation of appreciation in used vehicles. In case your wondering the Manheim auction values have risen in virtual lock step.
Man my POS Sierra will be lucky to fetch wholesale price. Lol. Its been a good truck, but its time for it to move into the work truck realm.

Sponsored

trailguiding

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJ, 2015 KL, 2019 WK2
According to Jeep Chat this evening my 2-door Rubicon that I ordered on 9-June is now at the shipping stage, they are working on shipping arrangements with the dealer - there is an ETA of 8/20 to 9/3, so they recommend keeping in touch with my dealer. Now, according to the dealer yesterday, it was still in inspection and I should have by the end of September....... Talk about under promise! Oh, and to add humor (although I didn't think it funny at the time), my salesman said even the end of September was not certain if the delivery truck gets in a crash and the Jeep is destroyed.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That dealer must be related to the CEO. Every sales manager I've talked with says their customer orders haven't shipped and they haven't been told when they'll get their first dealer inventory yet. Ask your dealer if this was a "first build" test unit, although don't know why they would build any of those with little MY changes.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
According to Jeep Chat this evening my 2-door Rubicon that I ordered on 9-June is now at the shipping stage, they are working on shipping arrangements with the dealer - there is an ETA of 8/20 to 9/3, so they recommend keeping in touch with my dealer. Now, according to the dealer yesterday, it was still in inspection and I should have by the end of September....... Talk about under promise! Oh, and to add humor (although I didn't think it funny at the time), my salesman said even the end of September was not certain if the delivery truck gets in a crash and the Jeep is destroyed.
JC is so funny, I don't think the dealer has any say other than hurry up and get it here. As an FYI there is a 2020 order been in inspection for 3 weeks and no one can find out why. Suspicion is that Marcell is using it for lunch runs.

chellymarie75

First Name
Shelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willy's
It has recently been brought to my attention exactly how obsessed I've been with checking in on this forum....
My husband was talking to me the other day about something that I was only half paying attention to when I hear "Are you reading your Jeep cult page?" :LOL::CWL::rock: Why yes...yes I am. :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

ManualWillys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Wrangler
Thank you so much for holding, I appreciate your patience. I can see as of yesterday your vehicle has entered the production stage. The vehicle should be completed in the next few days or so. I can suggest checking back early next week for an update on your order. Congratulations again on the purchase! You have made a great choice and we appreciate having you in the Jeep family!

Here we go!

pookiebb

First Name
Lynne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Dart, to be turned in when my 2021 JLU gets here
It has recently been brought to my attention exactly how obsessed I've been with checking in on this forum....
My husband was talking to me the other day about something that I was only half paying attention to when I hear "Are you reading your Jeep cult page?" :LOL::CWL::rock: Why yes...yes I am. :fingerscrossed:
I’m glad to hear I’m not alone:CWL:

ArgentFox

First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Not funny. That has happened to me before

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Our husbands have obviously been talking to each other. Mine asked me if I was the president of the Jeep cult yet.

MDRubicon

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Wrangler
Love this thread and forum.

I too entered crazy town by purchasing a new JLUR last week and obsessively search the forum and internet for any 2021 JL info.

Two questions -
1) Do we know if the 2021 Rubicon look just like the 2020 (i.e. red Rubicon lettering on the side)?

2) Can anyone confirm 100% if the new 2021 JLU will come with the new upgraded steering box (per the recent TSB)?

Advertisement

Advertisement