What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Installed Hood Struts and Lock. Very easy installs for both.

BOLT Hood Lock
Redline Tuning Struts

20200821_101910.jpg
@redsyphon

Well, you did your homework... you got the best hood lift offering and the best hood lock. Can't speak for the Bolt Hood Lock (has terrific reviews though by others here) but you will love the @Redline Tuning hood lift system, which I think is terrific..

Oh, in regard to the factory hood prop. You can remove that fuggly thing, easily...and put it in the shed... 8-)

Just unbolt the hood prop and the little yellow plastic prop grabber can be easily popped right off/removed without damage to it or hood, using a pry tool...

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
@redsyphon

Well, you did your homework... you got the best hood lift offering and the best hood lock. Can't speak for the Bolt Hood Lock (has terrific reviews though by others here) but you will love the @Redline Tuning hood lift system, which I think is terrific..

Oh, in regard to the factory hood prop. You can remove that fuggly thing, easily...and put it in the shed... 8-)

Just unbolt the hood prop and the little yellow plastic prop grabber can be easily popped right off/removed without damage to it or hood, using a pry tool...
Love my Bolt Hood lock, it was a easy install that was until my son bought me a gift of a metal flag grill and they had not caught up to the hood-lock demand and I had to cut my own hole.

But it was a fun project for us. (I would recommend to anyone looking for more security)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200128_103216
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200121_170724
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200121_180834

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Katzkin black leather, red stitch, perforated center, and suede wings. It was a lot cheaper to order through my local shop than from the manufacturer.
Katzkin black leather, red stitch, perforated center, and suede wings. It was a lot cheaper to order through my local shop than from the manufacturer.
Would you mind sharing how much this cost? Did you buy Katzkin separately and bring to your local shop?

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Went to battle for the third time against a serious tire browning issue. Not sure if I won the battle or not. Pretty much threw everything under the sink at it... You be the judge.

Before
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200821_113914

After
I don't know what else to do. I want this brown crap off my tires.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know what else to do. I want this brown crap off my tires.
If you don’t mind a small bit of residual shine on there afterwards, you can use Armor All Tire Foam. It does wonders for removing the browning from mine.

This photo is about a week after use (including some rainy day driving):

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 400397F0-5920-4574-BE2D-F9178717137B

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
If you don’t mind a small bit of residual shine on there afterwards, you can use Armor All Tire Foam. It does wonders for removing the browning from mine.

This photo is about a week after use:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 400397F0-5920-4574-BE2D-F9178717137B
Looking to get the brown off all the way first.. then followup with a good matt finish...

Mud Wasp

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hella Yella 2019 JLU, Copperhead Pearl 2014 JK
Occupation
Transportation
Vehicle Showcase
I marked up my ceiling for a hard top lift this winter. I’m putting it where we park the other truck cause my bay for the Jeep has my garage heater.
My ceilings are 10’5” and the top will hang down 3 feet so I’ll have a foot or little more to clear the Tahoe roof. I can’t put the top way back cause of the fridges. So as it stands now the back of the top will sit about 2’ from the light so I have some wiggle room.
I’m going to buy the garage smart lift.

if you guys have any suggestions I’m open for them.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200821_135413a
I'd think about changing the garage light fixture out and go with perimeter LED lighting. and use the power from the lighting to power the lift.

chewieHVT

First Name
MV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Would you mind sharing how much this cost? Did you buy Katzkin separately and bring to your local shop?
I ordered them through my local shop from Katzkin. $1,600...included custom design/color, shipping, and installation. When I priced the same seat through Katzkin, the price was $1,895. I could have saved a little money (a little less than $1,600) by ordering a stock design, but I wanted the suede wings. My installer also told me that when you buy direct from Katzkin, he makes less money on the install.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
I'd think about changing the garage light fixture out and go with perimeter LED lighting. and use the power from the lighting to power the lift.

Thanks for that. I’m going to talk to my buddy who is my electrician. Those fixtures need to go but 12 years ago led was still pretty wonky.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
I ordered them through my local shop from Katzkin. $1,600...included custom design/color, shipping, and installation. When I priced the same seat through Katzkin, the price was $1,895. I could have saved a little money (a little less than $1,600) by ordering a stock design, but I wanted the suede wings. My installer also told me that when you buy direct from Katzkin, he makes less money on the install.
Thank you for sharing. They look really nice. Any ideas how much installation costs? I recall seeing the standard Kazkin leather seats on ebay for approximately $600ish with shipping. I don't want to get them and then found out installation is too expensive.