Sponsored

Foster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Try orange coast dodge costa mesa
Is this where yours is getting done?
I might wait it out a little bit, let the others who have it really bad get it done first. Mine is manageable.
Sponsored

vinniechin

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have synergy brace as well as all the steer smarts parts to fix my wander. Its improved but not perfect and was wondering if you can still use the brace after the fix and should all these things be removed prior or can I just remove the brace?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Vinnie

Daber88

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Confirmation on all points...

I just spoke to the service writer. The staff at Palmer Doge had just gotten out of a meeting about the TSB.
  • New steel housing steering box
  • New software
  • Parts due mid-September
  • Dealerships on restriction as to how many they can order per week, with staggered deliveries (some of one time, then more of something else)
My JLUR is #2 in line at Palmer, with parts ordered against it. They'll alert me when the parts arrive. The writer confirmed some new vehicles have these parts and he feels very confident that this will truly improve the situation. He admitted that they had been waiting for a true solution and not just the revisions to existing parts we had previously been seeing.

My recommendation is to get your Jeep in the queue, as the parts seem to be the hold-up.

Overall I'm very pleased with how the dealership dealt with this situation. Now I'm just kind of anxious to get the new parts and see how it drives!
Confirmation on all points...

I just spoke to the service writer. The staff at Palmer Doge had just gotten out of a meeting about the TSB.
  • New steel housing steering box
  • New software
  • Parts due mid-September
  • Dealerships on restriction as to how many they can order per week, with staggered deliveries (some of one time, then more of something else)
My JLUR is #2 in line at Palmer, with parts ordered against it. They'll alert me when the parts arrive. The writer confirmed some new vehicles have these parts and he feels very confident that this will truly improve the situation. He admitted that they had been waiting for a true solution and not just the revisions to existing parts we had previously been seeing.

My recommendation is to get your Jeep in the queue, as the parts seem to be the hold-up.

Overall I'm very pleased with how the dealership dealt with this situation. Now I'm just kind of anxious to get the new parts and see how it drives!
i just picked my JLUR up from Palmer this afternoon with the new steering box installed. They said mine was the first one they did so hopefully you will be next up. The Jeep drives 100% better than before, no dead spot and no wandering at all, even with 37s!

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Is this where yours is getting done?
I might wait it out a little bit, let the others who have it really bad get it done first. Mine is manageable.
Yeah, they replaced mine the first time and i was already on a lift with steering stuff done and other stuff

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
i just picked my JLUR up from Palmer this afternoon with the new steering box installed. They said mine was the first one they did so hopefully you will be next up. The Jeep drives 100% better than before, no dead spot and no wandering at all, even with 37s!
“100% better” does not meant 100% correct. Is it 100% correct and totally perfect in your opinion?

Sponsored

Daber88

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
“100% better” does not meant 100% correct. Is it 100% correct and totally perfect in your opinion?
Yes it drives 100% correct to me considering it has a lift and 37” tires. I have complained since the Jeep was new and nothing really helped it, now with 34k miles, it finally steers as you would expect. I am satisfied finally with the steering.

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I just got home with my new steering box. I haven't had a chance to get on the highway with it yet but at 50 and below it's a night and day difference. I have a 3.5" MC GC, steer smart tie rod and drag link, falcon stabilizer and track bar brace. I'm on 37s and it drove great. Thumb and index finger in the wheel. It still rolled with the road crown but wasn't randomly wandering around. Steering is lighter than before and basically no dead play in the wheel. Going to try to get out on the highway tonight.

20200820_172129.jpg

znakos

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I feel as if the dead spot is 100% removed then any JL would then steer basically perfectly fine/acceptable?

Loose or tight steering feel may vary in any vehicle, as well as alignment issues, but if there's no excessive play in the wheel then it should be relatively easy to drive and get used to the steering/handling in any vehicle.

The dead spot in my opinion is what makes it difficult to drive as one is constantly under or over correcting the steering wheel once the JL starts to crown the road.

Thoughts?

Engine Guy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Congratulations!!!! Super excited to hear this, and you got it before the weekend, so you actually get to enjoy it! I'll check in with Palmer tomorrow.

Be safe out there!

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Has anyone had luck within the NJ/NY/CT/Long island area? I can't find a dealer who's willing to acknowledge the issue.

Sponsored

Sontavaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lj - sold-cause im an idiot. 2019 blue rubi ordered and received. I need my LJ back.
Occupation
Repressor of civil rights
@JeepCares. I bought my 2019 jlur fro palmer Jeep. I have a solid 1.5 to 2 inches of play (Dead spot) in the wheel. Unfortunately, I went to Newnan Jeep in Newnan Ga for the tsb service. They gave me the its a Jeep and should drive like crap speech and after I asked to elevate the issue agreed to order a new track bar. WTF? I new track bar, doesn’t even make since. I left in defeat. Maybe I should call Palmer, or maybe Jeepcares can help. i figure the trackbar is at least an admission something is wrong. Any suggestions how I should proceed? Funny thing is I new that Newnan Jeep would do This crap! Why do so many dealers just go directly to trying to screw folks over vs just over good service?

i had an 84 cj7, a 06 tju, a 2012 jk, and all drove better than my 50k rubi. Sad. Just sad.

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Still working on getting the new steering box installed

T.S.B. # 08-074-20

@JeepCares Thanks Kathryn!

Reached out for help. They went the extra mile. Policy is, they can't serve Canadian Jeep customers. However, the contact went the extra mile and gave me the phone number for:

@FCA Canada Customer Care.

the number is 1-800-465-2001

Impressed--professional; knowledgable.

Have a service appointment coming up at another dealer that Canadian Customer Care recommended.

Reported the dealer we saw last Monday who declared "It's a Jeep thing." Said, " Yours is just like the Jeep we have in stock". And, "No. We won't fix it."
got home and checked the Dashcam. It shows the problem. Tech went 40, 50, 60 km. One brief few seconds at 70...on smooth city streets and in the parking lot. 6 minute test drive.
Our problem is on highway. Jeep Wrangler wanders. Darts left with bumps. Dead band on centre. They didn't fix it.
No follow up from that dealer. Sign says, "New management. New Attitude" Better work on that "New Attitude."
They just were bought out. Were shut down for months. Glad employees are back and have work.

So thank you "JeepCares" and "Jeep Canada Customer Care"

SimpleAce

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I bought my 2020 JLUR in January from the factory and i dont have much play in the steering. I felt like it was manageable however i do have a dead spot. So i took mine in to the dealer yesterday and they said somebody came in two nights ago asking about that.

They looked at the jeep and attempted to order the parts and found out that it was 14 days between orders(which i already knew)

In total my wait is two weeks for this new part! Hopefully fixes the dead spot and little bit of play! Keep you guys updated.

pitsqrd

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 1997 Porsche 993, 1978 911 SC 3.6 Restomod, 2017 F150, XLT
Occupation
Biz Dev
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for tagging us. We understand your potential concerns while in service, and would like to help however we can. If you are in need of assistance while your Jeep Wrangler is at your Jeep dealer, please send us a message once you have an appointment set with your dealer. We will formally document your experience, and we will have a case escalated for additional communication and support if needed.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Great to know, thank you.

Darlene,

I went to the dealer I take my Jeeps for service this last weekend because I noticed the driver side roll bar speaker not working. They checked it out and said something is wrong with my radio so they ordered a replacement. Great service and response as usual from this dealership.

While I was there, I asked about this TSB because when I picked up my Jeep from a different dealership I bought it from (2 hrs from my house) and drove it home, I noticed it wanting to wander around the lane I was driving in on the freeway. It just felt nervous at 65-80 mph on the freeway. I did some research on this and other forums and now understand Wranglers don't necessarily have the best steering feel and accuracy. Curious point because my Grand Cheerokee is great to drive on the freeway.

The service techs and entire service team at my local dealership are great to work with, I take my Grand Cheerokee Overland (which is now my daughters car) there for service, but when I asked about the TSB, the tech said he checked my VIN and it's not subject to the bulletin.

Did I miss something when i read the TSB? I don't remember it saying anything about affected VINs. My Wrangler is a 2020 Sahara so I thought maybe it was already built with the parts (steering box) that dealers uses to fix this issue, but then I thought why would the steering still feel nervous and inaccurate?

I want to give the service dept at this dealership the benefit of the doubt, and think maybe they just don't understand the bulletin, so I thought I'd ask for your opinion.

Am I misunderstanding the bulletin?

Thanks in advance,
G

CherryWrangler

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
Great to know, thank you.

Darlene,

I went to the dealer I take my Jeeps for service this last weekend because I noticed the driver side roll bar speaker not working. They checked it out and said something is wrong with my radio so they ordered a replacement. Great service and response as usual from this dealership.

While I was there, I asked about this TSB because when I picked up my Jeep from a different dealership I bought it from (2 hrs from my house) and drove it home, I noticed it wanting to wander around the lane I was driving in on the freeway. It just felt nervous at 65-80 mph on the freeway. I did some research on this and other forums and now understand Wranglers don't necessarily have the best steering feel and accuracy. Curious point because my Grand Cheerokee is great to drive on the freeway.

The service techs and entire service team at my local dealership are great to work with, I take my Grand Cheerokee Overland (which is now my daughters car) there for service, but when I asked about the TSB, the tech said he checked my VIN and it's not subject to the bulletin.

Did I miss something when i read the TSB? I don't remember it saying anything about affected VINs. My Wrangler is a 2020 Sahara so I thought maybe it was already built with the parts (steering box) that dealers uses to fix this issue, but then I thought why would the steering still feel nervous and inaccurate?

I want to give the service dept at this dealership the benefit of the doubt, and think maybe they just don't understand the bulletin, so I thought I'd ask for your opinion.

Am I misunderstanding the bulletin?

Thanks in advance,
G
Mine is also a 2020 sahara and when the dealer checked he confirmed that mine does fall under the tsb. Infact all 2020's with loose steering and wondering symptoms fall under this. Check with some other dealer and see what they say.
Sponsored