Sponsored

Cab cover for wrangler unlimited with sky top.

ktaquino

First Name
kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited
i am looking for a cab only cover for wrangler unlimited with sky top. so far i have checked quadratec and others online and no one has one that says it will fit on a wrangler with a skytop. i am looking for a cab only cover to fit over winshield and doors and cab area without going all way over whole vehicle. so far skytop is to bulky to fit over with standard ones. unless someone has tried one and knows it works.

kyle
Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
i am looking for a cab only cover for wrangler unlimited with sky top. so far i have checked quadratec and others online and no one has one that says it will fit on a wrangler with a skytop. i am looking for a cab only cover to fit over winshield and doors and cab area without going all way over whole vehicle. so far skytop is to bulky to fit over with standard ones. unless someone has tried one and knows it works.

kyle
I'm surprised to hear that a JL cab cover, be it full or especially one that doesn't go all the way over the whole vehicle like you seek might work with one kind of top but not another.

I mean, if a cab cover for the JL works with, say, the hard top, are the outside dimensions of the power top roof so fundamentally different than for the hard top that it might not work?

I'm curious to know what brands you've researched. I'm getting the idea that maybe cab cover vendors haven't (maybe I'm wrong) expressly said that their products are compatible with the power top, but haven't expressly said they don't work either.

Do share.

OP
OP
ktaquino

ktaquino

First Name
kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited
I'm surprised to hear that a JL cab cover, be it full or especially one that doesn't go all the way over the whole vehicle like you seek might work with one kind of top but not another.

I mean, if a cab cover for the JL works with, say, the hard top, are the outside dimensions of the power top roof so fundamentally different than for the hard top that it might not work?

I'm curious to know what brands you've researched. I'm getting the idea that maybe cab cover vendors haven't (maybe I'm wrong) expressly said that their products are compatible with the power top, but haven't expressly said they don't work either.

Do share.
the cab only tops are meant to go over the cab without any top. that is why they wont fit with my skytop. the skytop keeps pretty much same dims as having a hard top on which also would not fit with a cab only cover. the whole car covers would fit anything but i am searching for a cab only. i have called quadratec about all the brands of covers they carry and none of the cab only will fit. they also said one may fit but would not know to tell me.

BCool

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tuscadero Sahara 4xe
Why are you interested in a cap cover with the Sky roof?

Sponsored

Storminā€™ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
for when doors are off weeks at a time to keep dust out
I have a SOT and i just use a tarp and some tie downs. It works well.

But i really just got on this thread to say GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!

SuzieQ

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara

kyle

SuzieQ

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Hi! I was wondering, Did you ever find a cover for your sky roof ? Iā€™m trying to find one . I just purchased a Sahara and I want to just cover the top when I park it at a certain place that there are a lot of seagulls. I donā€™t want to deal with the poop!! Or if you have any other suggestions. Thank you

OP
OP
ktaquino

ktaquino

First Name
kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited
Hi! I was wondering, Did you ever find a cover for your sky roof ? Iā€™m trying to find one . I just purchased a Sahara and I want to just cover the top when I park it at a certain place that there are a lot of seagulls. I donā€™t want to deal with the poop!! Or if you have any other suggestions. Thank you
i found one on amazon that was cab only cover that fit. it has a couple small areas down low by where bottom of doors would be that it is a little short but otherwise is what i wanted. its soft on inside and packs up pretty small which is all i need. and was pretty cheap. mine is mostly for dust in a garage while doors are off for months at a time so this one will do fine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0828Z1KP1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sponsored

SuzieQ

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
i found one on amazon that was cab only cover that fit. it has a couple small areas down low by where bottom of doors would be that it is a little short but otherwise is what i wanted. its soft on inside and packs up pretty small which is all i need. and was pretty cheap. mine is mostly for dust in a garage while doors are off for months at a time so this one will do fine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0828Z1KP1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

that is just what I was looking for! There are so many different ones ! Thank you so much!! Iā€™m going to order it ! šŸ˜€

ekoii

First Name
Emmitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I got one from https://www.raingearcovers.com. Fit perfectly, well made, shipped quickly, and works great with my one touch top. I've used to cover when the doors are off and rear windows are out.

ekoii

First Name
Emmitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
which one did you get?
Itā€™s listed as the ā€œunlimited 4 door JL 2018 to 2021 Half Cover, SKU 3290 on the rain gear.com website. Cost is 168.95
Sponsored