Sponsored

JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

EchoCharlie1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR; '17 F-250 FX4 Platinum; '15 Tesla S 85D; '15 Volvo XC60 T6; '16 Ducati Monster 1200R; '09 Vans RV-6
Occupation
Navy "Mustang" (ret); Engineering Manager, Space/Maritime Programs
I feel your pain. I ordered WAY before you (6/18) and my Jeep is still a pile of parts...
The agony is REAL! The dealer said that the ship date was supposed to be tomorrow (8/21), but according a a "source", that just means it's the start of build. Hey, as long as it's here before the end of September, I'm okay. We've got a backroad trip planned, going from Florida to Vermont, then to Maine and back to Florida, in 2 weeks...no highways.

Advertisement

DeviantCK

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara Manual. Expecting 2021 JLU Rubicon Manual Sarge Green
I feel your pain. I ordered WAY before you (6/18) and my Jeep is still a pile of parts...
Mine was ordered 6/15 ... I feel both of you guy's pain... Our piles of parts might be keeping each other company

Sponsored

EchoCharlie1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR; '17 F-250 FX4 Platinum; '15 Tesla S 85D; '15 Volvo XC60 T6; '16 Ducati Monster 1200R; '09 Vans RV-6
Occupation
They want to practice on other orders until they are perfect then do yours.
Thanks, I'll just go with that theory. Maybe it's the combo of options chosen and the "purple squirrel" manual transmission that's causing the delay. Who knows? Evidently they don't use FIFO for their manufacturing process.

EchoCharlie1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Are we really doing this, lol
Yes...we're all just a bunch of big kids waiting for our toys. Well, at least I'm willing to admit that I am. :LOL:

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
No Worries. Crypto helps track your order by pulling from the databases and advises you when the buld sheet and sticker has been published. Go here for additional info https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/
Thanks! So, as it turns out, I input my data in early July, but didn't know the name of the tool. As I think I understand it, one's Jeep won't show until up until it actually enters the production line. I get it now. Which drives a followup question: How/why does FCA allow outsider(s) to access their production database? While I appreciate the info, seems like a backdoor into their proprietary information. What am I missing?

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
Thanks! So, as it turns out, I input my data in early July, but didn't know the name of the tool. As I think I understand it, one's Jeep won't show until up until it actually enters the production line. I get it now. Which drives a followup question: How/why does FCA allow outsider(s) to access their production database? While I appreciate the info, seems like a backdoor into their proprietary information. What am I missing?
it's just a website. you can go on pretty much any FCA dealer site and see the window sticker of those vehicles.

just replacing that VIN with your own.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
it's just a website. you can go on pretty much any FCA dealer site and see the window sticker of those vehicles.

just replacing that VIN with your own.
Now I'm really confused.

I thought that the information became available (In theory) on the Crypto tool at the point when the vehicle entered production. I've never seen any of that on a dealer website. Window stickers for Jeeps on their lot, or in transit, but not until they were off the FCA premises. I ask again, what am I missing?

Also, please tell me more about the area, on the dealer site, where one can substitute VINs with their own? I've been on a ton of Jeep dealer sites over the last 20 years, but I've never seen an interactive tool like you've described.

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Rock Red Pearl 2-door Wrangler Sahara (Sold); 2021 Sarge Green 4-door Wrangler Rubicon; 1995 Ford F250 XLT 7.3L Powerstroke
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Now I'm really confused.

I thought that the information became available (In theory) on the Crypto tool at the point when the vehicle entered production. I've never seen any of that on a dealer website. Window stickers for Jeeps on their lot, or in transit, but not until they were off the FCA premises. I ask again, what am I missing?

Also, please tell me more about the area, on the dealer site, where one can substitute VINs with their own? I've been on a ton of Jeep dealer sites over the last 20 years, but I've never seen an interactive tool like you've described.
https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=

That's FCAs url for the build sheet database, you can put your vin after the = sign. It was posted a few pages back. I think the url for the window sticker is posted somewhere too.

It's nothing more than a historical database of build sheets. It's not a magical backdoor to any sort of proprietary system. The one for window stickers is a historical database for window stickers, nothing more.

Last edited:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Advertisement