Sponsored

Rubicon20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Yeah for sure man, I’m hoping it goes well cause the service manager that came out started talking jeep with me and seemed like he knew of the issue. I mentioned how i hated massey yardley and he was super receptive to my issue.
The other service guy i spoke to mentioned how he gets daily complaints.

This was over in the north miami/aventura jeep dealer on 163rd.

Will update when i get the call about parts availability.
I’m in Naples about to go in Saturday, if they give me flack I’d definitely make the drive to Miami if your dealer comes through for you and others.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Dealer "valet" picked up the jeep from my house on Saturday morning returned it Saturday afternoon. Told me that they will put the order in as soon as it's available seems pretty cut and dry. I didn't mind dropping it off, they torque checked my my aftermarket non-Mopar lift and had a tire rotation for free. I'm sure it's part of their investigation but free is free. I hope everyone else gets similar treatment
Faricy Boys? I have heard only good things about them if that is whom you are speaking of

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
holy crap. sounds like your jeep dealer also sells lexuses or something lol.
Or a Mini Cooper. The Mini dealerships that I have used are terrific and offer valet service. An elegant experience front to back for a vehicle that costs half of the price of a Jeep. FCA has a LONG way to go........ assuming that the CEO even gives two Sh*ts.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
So, I visited two separate dealerships today regarding this. The first one gave me the whole "It's just a jeep thing" speech. He said I would have to schedule a time for a tech to diagnose the problem. About $200. I thanked him for his time and went to another dealership.

The second shop wasn't aware of the TSB, but said that since I was out of warranty, I would have to pay out of pocket. I asked them to give me a quote to have the work done. Needless to say, I will be going elsewhere when I decide to have this fixed. Even with a copy of the bulletin in front of them, they couldn't figure out what parts to order. And then proceeded to tell me that whole deal about only able to order one every two weeks and not available yet. But then told me I would be looking at about five days from today to do it??? Does that make any sense???

IMG_1222.jpg

When I asked why the TSB stated 1.9 hours labor and they quoted 3.5, I was told that warranty work is quoted differently. When I asked about the reprogramming, I was told that would be an extra charge, but they wouldn't give me a number.

I guess I'll just continue to suffer with my "normal" Jeep steering until I can find somewhere that I feel comfortable with.
Mike, I am not sure that it’s entirely true that if your warranty has expired that this repair is not covered.....

IF you have been to the dealer DURING the warranty period complaining of “wandering and pulling” and this information has been documented (you likely have the paperwork from a service visit), I think that this repair may well be covered under warranty. I seem to recall reading about this very situation and I also recall that in cases like this, it IS covered under warranty. That said, I am not an attorney and have zero actual expertise here.

that said, if you have not complained about wandering and pulling during your warranty period and have not brought it in for same, certainly, the warranty has expired.

mike49107

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Mike, I am not sure that it’s entirely true that if your warranty has expired that this repair is not covered.....

IF you have been to the dealer DURING the warranty period complaining of “wandering and pulling” and this information has been documented (you likely have the paperwork from a service visit), I think that this repair may well be covered under warranty. I seem to recall reading about this very situation and I also recall that in cases like this, it IS covered under warranty. That said, I am not an attorney and have zero actual expertise here.

that said, if you have not complained about wandering and pulling during your warranty period and have not brought it in for same, certainly, the warranty has expired.
No, I feel I am just out of luck on this one. I bought it with 55,000 miles on it. Warranty was already done.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I’m in Naples about to go in Saturday, if they give me flack I’d definitely make the drive to Miami if your dealer comes through for you and others.
Guess we’ll see if initial impressions being good hold out till work is done. Will keep y’all posted.

If they come through, you can make a mini vacation here:clap:

Sponsored

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Wasted service appointment today. Took the t.s.b. in and gave it to them. Have complained about dead spot, steering, and pulling from first day. They had it all day. Said it's fine.

Last edited:

EngenZerO

First Name
Ozzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Emailed the service director at my local dealership with my concerns and they are procuring parts and will email me back when I can swing in!

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Wasted service appointment today. Took the t.s.b. in. They had it all day. Said it's fine.
I’d argue about it specifically highlighting the part saying “If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.”

Can’t make it easier than that for them

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I’d argue about it specifically highlighting the part saying “If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.”

Can’t make it easier than that for them
Thanks.
Feeling frustrated and very concerned.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Wasted service appointment today. Took the t.s.b. in and gave it to them. Have complained about dead spot, steering, and pulling from first day. They had it all day. Said it's fine.
Ugh that's what I'm afraid of. I preemptively PM'd @JeepCares to try and get ahead of it.
Sponsored