Sponsored

Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate]

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got mine in for the recall today. And I drove home in this. The great thing is that if they can't get parts, I keep driving it! Boy, is it nice. Can't wait to get my baby back, though.

Jeep Wrangler JL Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate] IMG_20200814_100125

Jeep Wrangler JL Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate] IMG_20200814_182105

Jeep Wrangler JL Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate] IMG_20200814_210730
Sponsored

FlatSixShooter

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara,997C2, 981S, 750LI, Shelby GTSC, 19VW Jetta and a lot of motorcycles
Nice loaner. I got a white Dodge mini van. That’s ok tho, as I also got a 2020 Porsche Cayenne loaner as one of my p-cars is in for new pcm/Nav unit after a lightning hit.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice loaner. I got a white Dodge mini van. That’s ok tho, as I also got a 2020 Porsche Cayenne loaner as one of my p-cars is in for new pcm/Nav unit after a lightning hit.
Nice! Lol! The Cayenne would really be something! Love those!

Jerneycg

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
So after waiting weeks for everything to come in, (clutch, flywheel, etc., along with a new soft top due to a small tear where it was sewed) I got the Jeep in and all they did was the sleeve and bleed. Clutch doesn’t feel much different other than grabbing lower than it was before. Anybody else’s grab pretty low? Before it felt like it would grab more midway on the stroke.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Dropping mine this morning...no problems with it .. clutch has been great! Hope it just passes the test and be done with it. Really don't want to be without it, specially since she is my DD!

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, the longer they keep mine, the more miles I put on this beautiful Gladiator! Lol! Actually, I may sell it for them. I've got a couple friends that are drooling over it. One commutes to work in Colorado during the week and wants one badly. I'm showing it to him tonight and he knows I've broken the engine in 100% by the book. I wouldn't be shocked if he yanks it out from under me! Lol!

My JL is on day 2 at the dealer. Hopefully they'll get it knocked out soon. Mine felt perfect before, so I hope that doesn't change. The dealer has a tech that is VERY good with manual transmissions and clutches, so we should be good.

I just hope the parts are not backordered.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
How is the Mojave at higher speed on rough pavement compared to the Rubi? My clutch grabs more midway though the pedal release...perfect actually. I like this manual trans and clutch more than any I've owned in the past, and I've owned plenty. That's why I'm apprehensive about allowing the dealership to mess with it. The pics of pressure plates exploding is of great concern though....

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Just got her back They did the sleeve and bleed and all is good. I asked if they had any that did not pass and he said all that they have done passed. I read my paperwork and it stated no leak. Got an oil change and tires rotated. Happy to have her back!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How is the Mojave at higher speed on rough pavement compared to the Rubi? My clutch grabs more midway though the pedal release...perfect actually. I like this manual trans and clutch more than any I've owned in the past, and I've owned plenty. That's why I'm apprehensive about allowing the dealership to mess with it. The pics of pressure plates exploding is of great concern though....
It is outstanding. Hard to compare, but I think it is tuned better for that kind of running. It really feels stable and doesn't dance around as much in the suspension or the steering.

Jerneycg

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
So after getting mine back the other day for the clutch recall and a new soft top due to a small tear in the seam, I unlatched the top today and tilted it up to take out the windows on my ride home. I pushed the top back down to latch it and I noticed a few small cuts in the top. Almost like pinch marks that cut through the fabric. This is ridamndiculous.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got my baby back!

Jeep Wrangler JL Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate] 1597764003425

They had it done in a couple hours on the day I dropped it off, but forgot to call me! The Gladiator was fun, but I missed my Jeep.

The clutch feels no different at all, which means it feels perfect,, so I'm certain now that it was right from the factory. The assembly line was going very slowly when mine was built, so I think they had time to bleed that sucker correctly. They also had all the parts they needed and it easily passed the clutch test. I also had them order a tiny plastic piece for the soft top that broke off and they updated the Uconnect. All is well, and +1 for a great dealership service department. They are top notch. I'm glad I got to spend the weekend with that Gladiator. It was a fun fling while it lasted!

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Got my baby back!

Jeep Wrangler JL Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate] 1597764003425

They had it done in a couple hours on the day I dropped it off, but forgot to call me! The Gladiator was fun, but I missed my Jeep.

The clutch feels no different at all, which means it feels perfect,, so I'm certain now that it was right from the factory. The assembly line was going very slowly when mine was built, so I think they had time to bleed that sucker correctly. They also had all the parts they needed and it easily passed the clutch test. I also had them order a tiny plastic piece for the soft top that broke off and they updated the Uconnect. All is well, and +1 for a great dealership service department. They are top notch. I'm glad I got to spend the weekend with that Gladiator. It was a fun fling while it lasted!
HANG ON THERE! A POSITIVE report from an FCA service dept? Something definitely not right here... :LOL:

01tj

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2001 Wrangler, Kia Optima, possibly 2018 Wrangler unlimited
I had the recall done and it says they installed the :SLEEVE: as per notice. My concern is that this won't be enough down the road. I know there have been a few people that had catastrophic failers causing major damage and Jeep blamed it on driver error. One driver, in particular, stated that he has had several vehicles with manual transmissions without issues prior to this. I like driving mine and don't think I could go with an auto but now I'll have this image in my head. Shouldwe all be worried about a $13,000 damage bill down the road? Is there anything we can do to prevent this?

_nc_ohc=tQ1bH_ckDYUAX9vMEP5&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

Jeep Wrangler JL Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate] 1598014070037

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I had the recall done and it says they installed the :SLEEVE: as per notice. My concern is that this won't be enough down the road. I know there have been a few people that had catastrophic failers causing major damage and Jeep blamed it on driver error. One driver, in particular, stated that he has had several vehicles with manual transmissions without issues prior to this. I like driving mine and don't think I could go with an auto but now I'll have this image in my head. Shouldwe all be worried about a $13,000 damage bill down the road? Is there anything we can do to prevent this?

Jeep Wrangler JL Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate] 1598014070037

Centerforce clutch. Prevent this failure AND way better to drive.

01tj

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2001 Wrangler, Kia Optima, possibly 2018 Wrangler unlimited
Centerforce clutch. Prevent this failure AND way better to drive.
I've been looking into this but I hate that we have to do this on a new under warranty Jeep to prevent a known problem that Jeep doesn't seem to want to cover. That and talking the wife into spending $2,000 on a vehicle I just purchased may be difficult lol
Sponsored