Sponsored

I want the first 4xe Rubicon.

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi E-tron (x2) ’21, Rubicon 4xe Nacho (on order)
Been trying to find a Diesel Rubicon that checks all the option marks in the right color in SoCal with no luck. Rather than ordering a 2021 I think I have decided to order the PHEV the minute it can be ordered. We have two electric cars, already have the garage wired with level 2 chargers and having 20-30 miles of all electric driving would be perfect for this vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited:

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Been trying to find a Diesel Rubicon they checks all the option marks in the right color in SoCal with no luck. Rather than ordering a 2020 I think I have decided to order the PHEV the minute it can be ordered. We have two electric cars, already have the garage wires with level 2 chargers and having 20-30 miles of all electric driving would be perfect for this vehicle.
I doubt you'll have to camp out in line for the privilege.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
If it’s red you’re looking for, the dealer near me has one with every option checked.

OP
OP
KSpider

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it’s red you’re looking for, the dealer near me has one with every option checked.
@ Scott Robinson I assume? They wouldn’t budge from Msrp and my guy contacted them for a trade and hasn’t heard back.

Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
... Rather than ordering a 2020 I think I have decided to order the PHEV the minute it can be ordered...
I'm right there with you. I'm really looking forward to the pHEV. Not because of trouble finding a diesel, but because of the potential merits of electric drive.

While I have some concerns about how well the initial integration of I4 + eTorque + hybrid powertrain, I suspect FCA will work out the bugs within a year of introduction, and offer SW control upgrades to us early adopters.

Along with the 30 miles of pure electric range, the electric motor could provide strong torque from 0RPM up to 2000RPM where the I4 turbo boost takes over.

I know many folks are excited for a V8. My old CJ5 had a V8 and while it was fun, I'd be far happier living with a quiet, torquey, electric power source...especially with the cheap electricity in the NW US.

KCJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Been trying to find a Diesel Rubicon they checks all the option marks in the right color in SoCal with no luck. Rather than ordering a 2021 I think I have decided to order the PHEV the minute it can be ordered. We have two electric cars, already have the garage wires with level 2 chargers and having 20-30 miles of all electric driving would be perfect for this vehicle.
Right there with you! I'm glad to see a little more enthusiasm about it...I was getting lonely. I think the Wrangler is a great platform for this technology. I think it's going to be pretty awesome to be out on the trail with the doors off and nothing but the sound of gravel crunching under tires. The fuel efficiency will start repaying my years of JK driving... I'm all in!

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
You guys should read the posts in the diesel threads before you jump into any new tech FCA designed and the worlds worst dealers will be servicing. Just saying.

Fikestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee KL
For years I have complained that nobody has taken the eco-conscious 4x4 enthusiast seriously. Not all off-roaders are happy about gas guzzling vehicles as their only option. As soon as anyone comes out with a good hybrid or plugin hybrid 4x4, I will buy it.

I have to put my money-where-my-mouth-is and show there is a market for us eco-hippy off-roaders.

If it is even half-decent, I will absolutely buy a jeep 4xe. The only unknown for me is that I need to be able to tow a small camper-trailer, and I can see that being something they sacrifice for the hybrid.

Sponsored

JEEPN X 4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
In same boat. I would day one order (of Gladiator, which is supposed to go PHEV for 2022 model year), but need to hear a lot more info. Towing capability, payload, price. Need more info on this powertrain to make a call to keep waiting and stretch my JK's life, or just forget it and go with a gasser.

jrob529

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Been trying to find a Diesel Rubicon that checks all the option marks in the right color in SoCal with no luck. Rather than ordering a 2021 I think I have decided to order the PHEV the minute it can be ordered. We have two electric cars, already have the garage wired with level 2 chargers and having 20-30 miles of all electric driving would be perfect for this vehicle.
I'm debating if I want one as well. I wonder if it will be eligible for a federal tax credit for electric vehicles. I bought my Rubicon off the lot and regret not having a few options- tow package and proximity keyless entry. I might just have to order the PHEV when it's available.

OP
OP
KSpider

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV tax credits vary depending on the battery capacity. Its likely it will be 7500 if it has a similar or higher capacity system than the Pacifica does.

jrob529

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
PHEV tax credits vary depending on the battery capacity. Its likely it will be 7500 if it has a similar or higher capacity system than the Pacifica does.
If I can get the boss' (my wife) approval, I think I'm going to order one as soon as possible especially if it has the 7500 tax credit. One thing that makes me hesitate, I always like to wait a year or so if the vehicle has a major change (i.e. motor).
Sponsored