Sponsored

How is everyone’s leather seats holding up?

abrahamp411

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I’m on the fence of adding leather seats on a 2021 JLUR. Does the leather on Jeeps wear out fast?
Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
In my view leather needs effort to look after it. Nice when new but in my view not worth it.

ranman

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
I’m away from home or I’d send you pics, but mine have held up great. It’s an ‘18 that is my daily driver as well as my primary off road. Top stays down as much as possible so they get lots of exposure to the sun. Jeep has 27,000 miles with my big ass in the seat. I’ve done virtually nothing to them.... no fancy conditioners or anything like that. They get dried off with a towel, shirt, rag, or whatever else I find When they get wet and then maybe wiped down with Armor All leather wipes once or twice a year. Absolutely zero issues.

Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is only 15 months old with 14K miles, and the seats look like new. The one thing I try to remember is to not slide my big butt over the bolster when I get out. I can see that being a wear problem over the years.

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
My leather seats still look like new. I love them. I have kids and every vehicle I own is leather. Easier to clean up if a spill happens and easy to treat. It really takes very little time to wipe the seats down with a leather cleaner/conditioner and I only do that about twice a year.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I’m on the fence of adding leather seats on a 2021 JLUR. Does the leather on Jeeps wear out fast?
Over 2 year old and like new. I use Griots leather conditioner twice a year, takes 5-10 minutes.

Myopik

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Personal Banker
I was on the fence about leather myself and ended up going with cloth. Decided I could always get the Katzkins later if I really wanted to change them.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Mine are doing great at 27K. I do however believe that there is not a lot of leather there mostly some leather inserts here and there?:mad:

My 2012 KJU had the leather option and I punched a mall hole sitting with a tool in my pocket. Not much leather after all, looked more like good ole fashioned fake stuff? I think there is more "real" leather in my shift lever and steering wheel covers! No matter still like them and they hold up great! My last 2 JK's had the option and they were great.

Go Jeep!!!

Sponsored

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have a 2018 with a little over 40K miles on it and my leather still looks new. They have been rained on, covered in dirt and mud (kids play soccer), covered in sand (topless and door less at the beach). Then clean easy and dry quick as long as you don't let the water set too long before wiping. I do wipe them down with a product made for leather seats occasionally. I have no regrets and would definitely get leather again.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I love the leather seats but I currently have an issue with mine - waiting over a week to hear back from dealership to see if it will be covered under warranty. I have a feeling this is a rare occurrence. Pictures below:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/leather-seat-pulling-from-seam.56203/
I have this same issue after 22,000 miles. This is a warranty issue, not wear and tear, as my issue started after 500 miles, but I didn't really start noticing it getting bad until about 2k ago. Was planning on bringing it up at my next (free) oil change.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the leather in the vehicle, for the price. It's not great, but it's better than BMW base leather by far. I would order it again.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
So far so good. And they clean up nicely with simple water dampened wash cloth. I did use an air compressor first to blow most of the dust off. The whole interior was a dusty mess from a trail ride on Saturday.

Jeep Fun Leather Seat.jpg

Leather Seat Clean.jpg
Sponsored