3.0 diesel order tracking thread

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
The wait is finally over, for one more person at least. My 2020 JLURD arrived at my dealership on Wednesday, 4/8/20. I picked it up on Friday, 4/10/20. This is the 5th Jeep I've owned over the years. Still, I'm giddy. It's hard to not grin ear-to-ear.

img_5327-jpg.jpg

I originally placed an order on 10/12/19 with a dealership that was close to where I live. A couple of months went by, but - as all of us know - the diesels just weren't moving yet. Then word news about delivered diesels started popping up. I called my dealership to check status - no news. Then other dealerships in my area were advertising diesels available on their lot. I called again - nothing. They were terrible about providing any information, especially during some of the supply troubles FCA was having. In hind sight, I suspect they forgot to actually submit my order until I called them the first time to ask about changes in status.

After reading some posts on these forums about other dealerships in my area offering better prices and customer service, I cancelled my original order. Jeep was in the middle of the EGR supply debacle, so I figured I wasn't going to be losing any time. Besides, as far as I could tell, my first order was lost in limbo. Five months wasted.

I placed a new order with a different dealership on 3/24/20. It took less than a month. Big shout out to Dwayne Lane's CDJR in Everett, WA. They were courteous and helpful. And, they delivered my new Wrangler in the middle of a national health pandemic under highly restrictive rules. Still, my buying experience was great.

I didn't waste any time on mods. I had a few small things installed the afternoon I bought it, and some more in-depth upgrades installed over the weekend. I have a whole stack of mods for the weekends to come. But, more on that later. For now, I'm just enjoying my new Wrangler!
Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
The wait is finally over, for one more person at least. My 2020 JLURD arrived at my dealership on Wednesday, 4/8/20. I picked it up on Friday, 4/10/20. This is the 5th Jeep I've owned over the years. Still, I'm giddy. It's hard to not grin ear-to-ear.

img_5327-jpg.jpg

I originally placed an order on 10/12/19 with a dealership that was close to where I live. A couple of months went by, but - as all of us know - the diesels just weren't moving yet. Then word news about delivered diesels started popping up. I called my dealership to check status - no news. Then other dealerships in my area were advertising diesels available on their lot. I called again - nothing. They were terrible about providing any information, especially during some of the supply troubles FCA was having. In hind sight, I suspect they forgot to actually submit my order until I called them the first time to ask about changes in status.

After reading some posts on these forums about other dealerships in my area offering better prices and customer service, I cancelled my original order. Jeep was in the middle of the EGR supply debacle, so I figured I wasn't going to be losing any time. Besides, as far as I could tell, my first order was lost in limbo. Five months wasted.

I placed a new order with a different dealership on 3/24/20. It took less than a month. Big shout out to Dwayne Lane's CDJR in Everett, WA. They were courteous and helpful. And, they delivered my new Wrangler in the middle of a national health pandemic under highly restrictive rules. Still, my buying experience was great.

I didn't waste any time on mods. I had a few small things installed the afternoon I bought it, and some more in-depth upgrades installed over the weekend. I have a whole stack of mods for the weekends to come. But, more on that later. For now, I'm just enjoying my new Wrangler!
Interesting. Unless I'm getting my wires crossed, one of their sales guys is on this board and I could swear he told me the quickest he's ever seen a custom order come in was 5-6 weeks.

Congrats :like:

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Interesting. Unless I'm getting my wires crossed, one of their sales guys is on this board and I could swear he told me the quickest he's ever seen a custom order come in was 5-6 weeks.

Congrats :like:
I've ordered two Wranglers - both took just about 6 weeks exactly. But...Phoenix is a little off the beaten path compared to most of your cities (except maybe JLURD).

Sponsored

Rubbin

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I ordered mine on 3-23. Plants are closed and there was zero movement since my order.
The FCA plant will reopen progressively On May 4th. It will take some time for the ramp up since they will be working in smaller shifts and maintaining safety precautions.

I hope when mine arrives I still have time to add all the mods, and enjoy the rest of the weather and trails.

StealthJLUR

First Name
Gannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I just ordered a 2021 black JLUR 3.0 Ecodiesel. Dealer said I’m looking at about an 8 week wait. I hope his timeline is wrong!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I just ordered a 2021 black JLUR 3.0 Ecodiesel. Dealer said I’m looking at about an 8 week wait. I hope his timeline is wrong!
Did you get a VON/VIN yet? I didn't think they were orderable yet.

MotoMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD Granite Crystal Metallic
We'll see. I order on 7/3, 6 weeks today. Still in D1 status last update I got with an 8/25 estimated ship date. If it happens that way it will be just under 8 weeks. If I've learned anything from this forum it's to believe it when you see it and try to be patient.:LOL:

ScootScharf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD
We'll see. I order on 7/3, 6 weeks today. Still in D1 status last update I got with an 8/25 estimated ship date. If it happens that way it will be just under 8 weeks. If I've learned anything from this forum it's to believe it when you see it and try to be patient.:LOL:
I think you and I ordered the same date, same build, roughly. I have the same ship date. We’ll see what happens.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
My dates line up to the day with yours. We must be in the first group who ordered as soon as the window opened.

Rubbin

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I ordered mine in March and took delivery 3 weeks after the plant reopened from COVID. My brother just placed his order on a 2021, and expect to have Von next week. He got a killer deal like I did. Was $7800 off MSRP.

StealthJLUR

First Name
Gannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Dealer told me they were back at it again. I got my build number etc... but he said I won’t have a vin for a week or so. Von: 46650886

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
I ordered mine in March and took delivery 3 weeks after the plant reopened from COVID. My brother just placed his order on a 2021, and expect to have Von next week. He got a killer deal like I did. Was $7800 off MSRP.
What dealer may I ask? That's great for a diesel?