Reaction score
Website
www.rwaltonphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know what part of Texas you’re in (Houston area here) but you’ll regret it! Lol. I went with just the freedom panels off all day Saturday and was miserable even with AC on full blast.

But it will be nice to go topless once it’s cooler. Maybe by Halloween.:LOL::CWL:
LOL - so true,, but after waiting for so long, I just want to see how it works and get that top off and drive around for a bit. Yes,, it will be hot (and I do have the sun screens on), but it will be worth it. I won't leave the top off for long, just long enough for a good ride or so. But like you stated, I will be ready for the cooler weather later in the year. I'm in the DF Dub area.
Sponsored

Rubicon_Wrangler_JL_2018

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Well, got 'er in today and assembled it. Not bad to assemble. Works pretty good if you don't have a larger tire than 35 with a big after market bumper. Had to finagle it around the tire carrier and right up against the bumper. I think it's going to be more of an effort to get it back on than taking it off. Wil be parking it in the garage overnight and putting the top back on in the morning b/c it's hot as Hades here. But we will be ready for late September and beyond!
Jeep Wrangler JL Rollnjack Hardtop Lift RollnJack
Jeep Wrangler JL Rollnjack Hardtop Lift Jeep1

morph860

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 4xe's (Rubicon X and Grand Cherokee Anniv.)
When you lift the top, do you have the front and rear arms at the same height? Or do you need to adjust to account for the height difference from the "hump" in the hardtop that is right behind the rollbar? Do all arms still touch the top after you install the 5th arm?

Rubicon_Wrangler_JL_2018

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
When you lift the top, do you have the front and rear arms at the same height? Or do you need to adjust to account for the height difference from the "hump" in the hardtop that is right behind the rollbar? Do all arms still touch the top after you install the 5th arm?
All 4 arms are at the same length. I just wind it up until they all touch at the same time. Once it's off, I install the 5th support arm and have it on notch higher than the other 4, just to level it out b/c the front part of it sags a bit. Would have been nice if that 5th support arm somehow went all the way to the ground.

morph860

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All 4 arms are at the same length. I just wind it up until they all touch at the same time. Once it's off, I install the 5th support arm and have it on notch higher than the other 4, just to level it out b/c the front part of it sags a bit. Would have been nice if that 5th support arm somehow went all the way to the ground.
After you get the 5th arm installed at one notch higher, do your other 4 arms still touch the top?

Sponsored

Rubicon_Wrangler_JL_2018

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
If you have a chance, can you post a picture of where you position the arms?
Sure. Right now my Jeep is parked under it. Not sure when I'll move it, b/c i's too darn hot to drive it like that, even with the sun screen I have on it. But I'll get one posted.

VS2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Ferrari 550, Honda S2000, VW GLI
This looks like it would work well. Except if you have any hardtop headliner installed. It seems it would leave indentations in the headliner material at the contact points. Can anyone who owns this verify?

morph860

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This looks like it would work well. Except if you have any hardtop headliner installed. It seems it would leave indentations in the headliner material at the contact points. Can anyone who owns this verify?
Didn’t have mine on for very long, but I'd be surprised if it damaged the headliners. Most of the weight is on the 2 middle arms that are on the part without a headliner.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Digiwolf

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Their is no instruction on where to position the pads anywhere. Just says "passed the rear window frame". I saw a video showing only the 2 rear pads and the extended arm for the 4door model were the only pads holding the top and 2 in the middle were just free floating. Not sure if he set it up wrong or just a terrible design.

gsyoung

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU North Edition
Hey folks... good comments & reviews on the Rollinjack. Question, are there any discounts available for forum members, or maybe from folks that have bought them? I haven't seen any promo's advertised... just hoping there's a discount out there somewhere.

jefflilj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S color Mojito!
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Hey folks... good comments & reviews on the Rollinjack. Question, are there any discounts available for forum members, or maybe from folks that have bought them? I haven't seen any promo's advertised... just hoping there's a discount out there somewhere.
see my post (#57).
copied here for convenience.

“I did order it last night. So we will see how long it takes to get here.
like thunder and stealth said, I wouldn’t expect it until August. Kinda sucks, but it is what it is.
By the way, if you do order it, go through the process of ordering all the way up to just before adding payment info.
then leave it in cart and close out.
you’ll get an email about not finishing your order and will get a promo code for 10% off. That’s another $75 off.”

morph860

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if it still works, but try promo code: KSTRAVELBAGS
Sponsored