Sponsored

Have I installed these JKS Quicker Disconnects wrong?

InsulinMan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to install the JKS Quicker Disconnects (0-2" lift) this weekend. I was pretty frustrated with the lackluster instructions and I think I either installed these backwards, or I have too much weight pushing down on my front end, or both.

Right now the front end of my Jeep is sagging about 1-3/8" compared to the rear, due to the weight of my bumper and winch. At some point in the near future, I planned on lifting and leveling the Jeep 2" total.

With the disconnects, I cannot budge them once they're disconnected and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've scoured other reviews and stuff, but with so many variants, I'm not sure what to even look for and I'm frustrated, so I was hoping to get another set of eyeballs on the issue.

20200813_091850.jpg

20200813_091842.jpg
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Id suggest putting some rubicon take off springs and coils on there to help pick it up a bit. Those are full threaded in and with the weight you added which dropped it down so much it be causing your issue

brett

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with the above, based upon the distortion of your spring behind the disco.

This is what mine look like, but I am also lifted a little over 4”, with HD springs on the front.

67579D58-CD9C-441B-AD9B-131CFCBAB602.jpeg

OP
OP
InsulinMan

InsulinMan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok I'll look into that. Would I need a spacer or leveling kit along with the Rubicon suspension?

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Ok I'll look into that. Would I need a spacer or leveling kit along with the Rubicon suspension?
Negative, usually. If you go with HD springs in the front, standard in the rear, it will level out the factory rake.

Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
You should also clock both ends the same so they rotate all the way around. You've limited the amount of rotation they can get. Loosen them up and torque them again. :)

OP
OP
InsulinMan

InsulinMan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You should also clock both ends the same so they rotate all the way around. You've limited the amount of rotation they can get. Loosen them up and torque them again. :)
What do you mean exactly?

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
What do you mean exactly?
You can look at Jeff's pic above for visual reference on how to straighten up the ends. They are clocked the same so the end link can rotate through the entire range of motion.

20200813_091850.jpg

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Driverside disco is missing the rubber bushing that goes between the frame tab and where the disco slides on. When you put the driver disco on it should butt up to the rubber spcer and the pin should be tight against the sway link. As for the passenger did you cut the nipple it slides onto off on the end? That will make it a bitch to put back on without that taper to help guide it

OP
OP
InsulinMan

InsulinMan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You can look at Jeff's pic above for visual reference on how to straighten up the ends. They are clocked the same so the end link can rotate through the entire range of motion.

Jeep Wrangler JL Have I installed these JKS Quicker Disconnects wrong? 20200813_091850
Ok, that makes sense, I'll fix that.

Driverside disco is missing the rubber bushing that goes between the frame tab and where the disco slides on. When you put the driver disco on it should butt up to the rubber spcer and the pin should be tight against the sway link. As for the passenger did you cut the nipple it slides onto off on the end? That will make it a bitch to put back on without that taper to help guide it
I'll add that spacer. I was wondering where it could go, but the instructions never had a "finished" picture so I wasn't sure. The passenger pin came like that, very short and blunt.

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, that makes sense, I'll fix that.

I'll add that spacer. I was wondering where it could go, but the instructions never had a "finished" picture so I wasn't sure. The passenger pin came like that, very short and blunt.
Interesting, both my drivers and passengers have that point to them

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
as others have said. you are missing a spacer. Also both grease fittings should be facing the front. Read the instructions it is all there.

Here's mine on a sport with rubi springs. try loosening the upper bolt a bit, and you can also move the sway bar just a bit up. makes it easier to disconnect. And make sure you tighten the nut properly after you set desired height of sway bar.

IMG_20200813_111707736.jpg

IMG_20200813_111639641.jpg

IMG_20200813_111639641.jpg

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

it looks like they're miss aligned and the adjustment is off. from the fully in post twist out one full rotation and check the center to center on the bolt openings to make sure their the same. this will make it easier to get them on and off a little grease helps too. i see you struggled getting the passanger side on but the hammer nicks it has on the lower side. joint area

OP
OP
InsulinMan

InsulinMan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the help and insight, everyone. I'll get to work on this and hopefully get everything fixed.
Sponsored