Sponsored

2021 colors?

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
When it comes to ordering colors, I never understood why they don't have 100 colors available. We've all bought paint, they just mix to get the right color. Assembly line vehicles don't go in color order so it must be easy to swap in and out colors...

Last edited:

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
When it comes to ordering colors, I never understood why they don't have 100 colors available. We've all bought paint, they just mix to get the right color. Assembly line vehicles don't go in color order so its easy to swap in and out...
I don’t know about Jeep, but some
When it comes to ordering colors, I never understood why they don't have 100 colors available. We've all bought paint, they just mix to get the right color. Assembly line vehicles don't go in color order so its easy to swap in and out...
I don't know about Jeep, but I toured a Ford factory once. Part of their paint process was huge tanks. I think final color was robot-sprayed, but even then each robot only sprayed one color at a time. Changing over the huge tanks was a PITA, and I believe the robot color change over wouldn't be quick either. So they have to have a finite number of colors unless it's done by hand, I believe.

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
It's hard to believe that Cow Dookie Green ( I mean Sarge Green ) is still available. Do a search for Sarge Green. There's a tons of them still unsold. Do a search of a real color. There are very few if any out there for sale. Give us Hydo Blue, Punk'n , Mojito or something exciting. I refuse to buy one of the 5 shades of gray including black and white. Thanks Jeep, you've put me another month closer to buying a Bronco.
Loving my Cow Dookie Green! In fact, i traded a perfectly good white rubi Gladiator in on it just so i could have it!
#sargegreenforthewin!

Sponsored

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know about Jeep, but some

I don't know about Jeep, but I toured a Ford factory once. Part of their paint process was huge tanks. I think final color was robot-sprayed, but even then each robot only sprayed one color at a time. Changing over the huge tanks was a PITA, and I believe the robot color change over wouldn't be quick either. So they have to have a finite number of colors unless it's done by hand, I believe.
The video from the jeep assembly shows paint stage. It looked 100% giant robot arms as you said. Maybe they have multiple rooms for paint for each color. But we were told Jeeps are not lined up on the line by color (or trim or anything) So unless they have multiple rooms for each color, it would seem like its just easy to switch from color to color depending on what is next on the line. So if you're saying they do swap out the tanks that is confusing me.

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
The video from the jeep assembly shows paint stage. It looked 100% giant robot arms as you said. Maybe they have multiple rooms for paint for each color. But we were told Jeeps are not lined up on the line by color (or trim or anything) So unless they have multiple rooms for each color, it would seem like its just easy to switch from color to color depending on what is next on the line. So if you're saying they do swap out the tanks that is confusing me.
Yeah, like I said - I'm no expert. It could very well be that the paint robots can spray one color after a different color. I think it may be the e-coat process & everything under the color that's dunked. The top coat is definitely sprayed. Changeover of all those robots from one color to another would be a royal PITA ($$$) unless they did it automagically.

Would be interested to have a definitive source who's worked at the Toledo plant.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
The bubbling in the paint on the door hinges is enough to make me wait until they fix that. FCA is awful honestly and it sucks that’s who is in control. The color choices are terrible.
The majority do not have bubbling paint. Not sure why they haven't addressed this and other rather simple complaint issues.

Having sought after colors (mojito, bikini, punk'n, nacho, etc.) disappear from the selection pallet doesn't seem to make much sense either, especially when they started charging extra for come of those colors.

Looking at Snazzberry....I just want to put it into a glass and drink it!!! (I know, weird)

Time will tell.

Sponsored

cold gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler JKU on 41.5" Pitbull rockers. A few mods
I wish they would bring back Mango Tango again. Love that color and thinking about a new Jeep .... but waiting to see if the 392 comes out or maybe try a diesel.

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
A second vote for Sinamon Stick (or Mango Tango)!

Need some other colors, reduce all the silver/gray. Time for a copper, go look at the challenger colors, Cinnamon stick, Hell raisin etc
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 colors? 1597336178388

1597246943872.jpeg

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I wish they would bring back Mango Tango again. Love that color and thinking about a new Jeep .... but waiting to see if the 392 comes out or maybe try a diesel.
Mango Tango rocks! I'm waiting till Sept/Oct to order a 2-door 2.0 - would wait longer if I knew I could get a Mango Tango one!

punktexas

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Ram Yamaha Santa Cruz
Changeover of all those robots from one color to another would be a royal PITA ($$$)
That's got to be cheaper than designing an update / new feature to the Wrangler. I wonder which cost more? Having more color choices or adding an "auto down" button for the windows?

BadWolf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Sarge Green)
Rumor is that the JL will also be getting this color from the JT in 2021. Its called Shazzberry

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 colors? 1597336178388
I would buy Shazzberry if it came out and blue didn't. I am currently waiting pretty much for any shade of blue.
Sponsored