What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I am interested also. I see Punkin is now available as a color choice, any plans for Bikini?
The Bikini color would be a tough one for AJT.... especially, as Adam at AJT seems to be very fussy in regard to color.... in getting them close.. he'd play heck, trying to get a reasonable match for that metallic color(s).

Consider a black AJT fob with torx screws that are close in color to Bikini..

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Capture.JPG

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? mnnmnm

Sorry, that this thread has been deluged with custom, Door Lock Cap related posts.

Guess I opened the flood gates so to speak.. My intentions were right....

-At least my sorry sign, is the color Punk'n.

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
Like the foot rest - why not black or body color?
I decided Kenny was right and my gray foot pads didn't look right. They were also just the generic Jeep grille. So I decided to make new ones with a JL grille and paint them black. It does look better.

Kikbax 2.jpg

Kikbax 4.jpg

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
Borla climber touring installed. 17 pounds lighter than stock. It’s very quiet, hopefully it gets louder after some miles

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Kikbax 4

I sent an email into Borla Monday, still waiting for a response. My Borla Climber melted my the trunk storage box and my trailer wires (just the plastic loom). The trailer wires were an easy fix since I could just run them higher but I think that Borla should provide some heat shielding for the storage box. It melted right by a hanger so there is no adjustment that can be made. I'm pretty sure it melted as I was going over some steep mountain passes towing a small trailer on my way to Wyoming. I could smell it and I thought it was the oil getting too hot since all my other temps were fine. I smelt it twice, both times the oil temp was at 245 degrees. After some Googling I know now that 245 degrees isn't that hot for engine oil. There might have been instructions about the towing wire harness, but I installed that after the exhaust and it seemed to be plenty far away. I puts some reflective tape on the box to protect until Borla gets back to me assuming that they do. It could have caused a fire so I would think they would want to address it. I should be an easy fix if they added some heat shielding. You might want to be proactive and address it now. Other than that, I like the sound and I too noticed that weight saving. I'm trying to be weight conscious, at least for the Jeep.

Melted Compartment.jpg

Melted Compartment underside.jpg

Melted wires underside.jpg

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Looks like I have enough clearance plus I don’t have the tow package wiring so I’m good there.

9C6EDCA1-7B26-4454-B430-8CE43FA60BD6.jpeg

4CC4C41E-6AF5-42D3-9770-507A865E53AD.jpeg

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like I have enough clearance plus I don’t have the tow package wiring so I’m good there.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4CC4C41E-6AF5-42D3-9770-507A865E53AD

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4CC4C41E-6AF5-42D3-9770-507A865E53AD
I thought that I had enough clearance too and I've had the exhaust on since at least mid-June with no issues, but I pushed the Jeep hard on that trip. Most of the trip it was over 95 degrees outside and although the trailer only weighed about 1700#s, it did create some wind resistance. Obviously it didn't melt it that bad. I'm thinking about wrapping the pipe in that area with that exhaust wrap that you see on motorcycle pipes but I don't know much about that stuff.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Amp research steps

OK what are you using to clean your tires? I have had my STT Pros for only a couple of months and they now look more brown in color than black. I have scrubbed them with Mcguires tire cleaner and bleach white but they still come out brown. Also, what is the matt protectant that your using? I have never been one for Armor All.

Cartage1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 JLUR
OK what are you using to clean your tires? I have had my STT Pros for only a couple of months and they now look more brown in color than black. I have scrubbed them with Mcguires tire cleaner and bleach white but they still come out brown. Also, what is the matt protectant that your using? I have never been one for Armor All.
That is a great looking sled., and as a wannabe detailer, that was impressively done....
Interesting to see the reply, but I use Tire Bleach and scrub like heck to get them degreased and cleaned. If you want to hit them with purple power degreaser first, then a white wall bleach, that will get the dirt off. Tire cleaners are ok, but the tire bleach (darn near required if running white letters) is really effective. Also, the quality of the tire dressing matters too. Some of the cheap dressings will make even a modestly clean tire look brownish. Believe it or not, a not so well know brand called Cover All is my current tire dressing of choice.., love the stuff.
https://superiorproducts.com/product/cover-all-high-gloss-tire-dressing-aerosol/

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Hurt it. Met someone to sell my subarus lower control arms. Ended up chatting a short while, and completely forgot that my tailgate was open. Yep I drove off. 3 seconds later heard a huge bang, then I realized I didn't close my gate. :mad:

Everything seems fine, my lod tire carrier seems rattling a little when it is opened, but of course it could have been like that before and I'm imagining that it just occurred now. But when closed no rattles, I just have a nagging feeling I might have broken something lol

M1911a1fan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU RUBICON , 2021 JT MOJAVE
Occupation
BMW Service Director
what did I do to my Wrangler today? I traded it in! can you say up grade?
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? ruby2

no more 2018 blue Sahara, I had to have the 2020 Sarge green Rubicon, I did keep a few bits of the blue one, I'll get to installing those one of these weekends, love this color, thats my inner G.I. talking

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Bath day and got the Jeep more naked than last time. It’s getting less and less shy. I can’t wait to get my soft top next summer!

No rain for a few days so I’m going to go to work tomorrow with the doors off. I hope I don’t regret it. Oh and take the kids for ice cream tonight. lol they are dieing to go for a ride with no doors. I’m sketchy with both of them in the back so I’m going to have my daughter ride up front with me cause she is old enough and have my wife ride in the back with my son. Am I being too overprotective?

Can I just say. Best truck I ever owned. I feel like I’m cheating on the Tahoe even thought it’s my wife’s daily driver we have always owned one and it’s been the truck I take care of the most.
A91D28C1-188A-47C8-B90E-0DA738F4E487.jpeg