Track Bars, or not after Mopar 2" lift kit

tcon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I recently bought my first JEEP and joined the community. It's a 4door Rubicon with the 3.6 gas engine and auto transmission. The first mod I'm doing is the "Mopar 2 inch lift kit". This kit is the new redesigned Mopar lift kit. The original 2 inch Mopar lift kit had issues with the coil spring extensions and coil bowing.

After reading a ton of threads, and watching a bunch of You-Tube vids, I wanted to ask if anyone can tell me; "do I need to replace the front and rear track bars after doing this specific Mopar lift kit?" I will be keeping the stock wheels and tires on the vehicle for now.

Jeep_sideview.jpg
Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
You can see how it looks and drives after, but I personally would absolutely replace them

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I recently bought my first JEEP and joined the community. It's a 4door Rubicon with the 3.6 gas engine and auto transmission. The first mod I'm doing is the "Mopar 2 inch lift kit". This kit is the new redesigned Mopar lift kit. The original 2 inch Mopar lift kit had issues with the coil spring extensions and coil bowing.

After reading a ton of threads, and watching a bunch of You-Tube vids, I wanted to ask if anyone can tell me; "do I need to replace the front and rear track bars after doing this specific Mopar lift kit?" I will be keeping the stock wheels and tires on the vehicle for now.

Jeep Wrangler JL Track Bars, or not after Mopar 2" lift kit Jeep_sideview
I'm in the same boat as you, just waiting for my kit to arrive. My plan is to go with the Mopar simulated beadlocks and 315/35' as of right now. Although 37's are tempting but probably more than I'll need.

cjljl2018

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR, 2021 JGCL Summit Reserve

Jeep Wrangler JL Track Bars, or not after Mopar 2" lift kit Jeep_sideview
I have the Mopar kit and replaced the front track bar and installed a relocation bracket in the rear. Cleaned it up nicely running 35's.

Buckleup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Jl 2.0
I had the Mopar lift installed and it just did not handle very well after. I then took it to a shop that specializes in lifts and aftermarket doo dads and they added a new track bar and a rear track bar relocation bracket and centered the body over the axles. Now it drives like a charm.

Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Add em!

OP
OP
tcon

tcon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I had the Mopar lift installed and it just did not handle very well after. I then took it to a shop that specializes in lifts and aftermarket doo dads and they added a new track bar and a rear track bar relocation bracket and centered the body over the axles. Now it drives like a charm.
Thanks. I think I will do the lift first, then test drive and complete the track bar install myself.

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I went with Rock Krawler front and rear, yes after you install the lift your front and rear will shift. To save yourself the aggravation do it all at once so you aren't chasing alignment issues.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tcon

tcon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I went with Rock Krawler front and rear, yes after you install the lift your front and rear will shift. To save yourself the aggravation do it all at once so you aren't chasing alignment issues.
Where did you purchase your RK's from?

Thanks!

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you purchase your RK's from?

Thanks!
[/https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/track-bars/rk06187-rock-krawler-adjustable-front-track-bar

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
What brand Track bar? Rock Krawler? or ...?

Lot's of good ones out there...I now have an all black Steer Smarts and could not be happier with it! I just I wish I had gone with it first time around as I tried another good brand but it did not play well with my top mount Fox 2.0 TS stabilizer...

Marin1812

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yes, replace both with adjustable track bars so you can re-center your axels. I went with Synergy’s track bars (pricey but very beefy, it will surprise you on how light the OEM track bar is)
Sponsored