Sponsored

For those that have a 2021 on order - safe to start ordering add ons?

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
i started building my door cart, and i've bought a bunch of stuff for storage, etc.... stuff i know i'll need.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RDiddy

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
i started building my door cart, and i've bought a bunch of stuff for storage, etc.... stuff i know i'll need.
No concerns that the vehicle will have slight modifications over the 2020, or all the stuff you're buying is not necessarily for a jeep, so it will fit anything?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I'm shopping sales on expensive items: buy 4 get 1 AEV wheels in March. ACE rock sliders $110 off at Father's day. Etc...

OP
OP
RDiddy

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
I'm shopping sales on expensive items: buy 4 get 1 AEV wheels in March. ACE rock sliders $110 off at Father's day. Etc...
Hmm, I am also shopping for wheels. How do you know that they will run those sale so far in advance? Thanks

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Hmm, I am also shopping for wheels. How do you know that they will run those sale so far in advance? Thanks
I can see now how that was confusing. I meant this past March - demonstrating my “fearlessness” ( or foolishness) in buying parts in anticipation of a new Jeep

Sponsored

OP
OP
RDiddy

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
I can see now how that was confusing. I meant this past March - demonstrating my “fearlessness” ( or foolishness) in buying parts in anticipation of a new Jeep
Ahh I gotcha now... and yeah you have some heart buying that far in advance. Hope everything works out for you :)

srs148

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR, 2014 Jeep GC Summit
I'm waiting to purchase any items on my very short list (phone holder, all-weather mats, stubby antenna), but with all the reported steering issues, I am waiting till my JLUR passes the steering test on delivery day before accepting it and ordering my extras.

OP
OP
RDiddy

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
I'm waiting to purchase any items on my very short list (phone holder, all-weather mats, stubby antenna), but with all the reported steering issues, I am waiting till my JLUR passes the steering test on delivery day before accepting it and ordering my extras.
I was reading about that - what criteria does yours have to meet before you'd sign for it?

srs148

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR, 2014 Jeep GC Summit
I was reading about that - what criteria does yours have to meet before you'd sign for it?
Not have a wide dead zone and wandering feel on the road at speed. I'll know it when I feel it because I drove a Rubi on the lot with the issue and then another that didn't have the issue - night and day to me.

Myka L

First Name
Myka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The fender extenders on the sport S had the type of screws used to hold them to the bumper changed. From 18 to 19 or 19 to 20. So, even if it looks the same, they can change things.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RDiddy

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
Not have a wide dead zone and wandering feel on the road at speed. I'll know it when I feel it because I drove a Rubi on the lot with the issue and then another that didn't have the issue - night and day to me.
I get the wandering thing, but can you elaborate on the dead zone statement please?

Deleted member 53226

I’m holding off but purely because of the jinx factor. I am afraid to jinx my deal! Weird! I know!!! But my amazon cart is full of little things that I’ll buy immediately!!!
Don't worry about jinxing anything. I say once the VIN is created, it's totally cool to start buying your add-ons, and also Jeep merchandise! For instance, I bought this great Jeep "onesie". Now, I am a grown man, but it still works around the house, and while I mow the lawn. It really does.

Jeep Wrangler JL For those that have a 2021 on order - safe to start ordering add ons? 1597281635521

OP
OP
RDiddy

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
Don't worry about jinxing anything. I say once the VIN is created, it's totally cool to start buying your add-ons, and also Jeep merchandise! For instance, I bought this great Jeep "onesie". Now, I am a grown man, but it still works around the house, and while I mow the lawn. It really does.

Jeep Wrangler JL For those that have a 2021 on order - safe to start ordering add ons? 1597281635521
that better be a thong in the back. If not, return it and get what you should have bought.