Fender Vent Blackout Decals

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
If you were to do the vampire red border, there would be some contrast like the RUBICON hood decals. The flame red is going to disappear.
Wondering if anyone got a photo of the black/red border blackout on a Firecracker Red JLUR?

Trying to make my mind on should I just get single tone black decal or the two tone one.

Would appreciate if someone can share some photos.
Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Wondering if anyone got a photo of the black/red border blackout on a Firecracker Red JLUR?

Trying to make my mind on should I just get single tone black decal or the two tone one.

Would appreciate if someone can share some photos.
I asked the forum the same thing earlier in this thread to no avail. To me the red border makes it look more refined, but need to see it on a firecracker red to be sure.

punktexas

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Ram Yamaha Santa Cruz
Has anyone found out how to tell which decals are on the Recon? I like the red outline type.

Sponsored

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
Has anyone found out how to tell which decals are on the Recon? I like the red outline type.
I ordered March 10th. Picked up yesterday. Red outlines. All the new ones I’m seeing posted here have red outlines. I think the first Recons were all black like Freedom models but they are now all being delivered with red outlines. There is nothing on my build sheet to indicate either way. The red outlines are very nice imho.

broox

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broox.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4, 2020 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine installed!

My only complaint is that the part that wraps around the bottom of the vent seems a bit short and didn't quite make it to the fender. This exposes some body colored paint from the right angles... even with the rest of the decal tucked in behind the plastic vent.

Pics and my personal tips in my build thread here:

I installed the pixeldecals fender vent blackout decals today and am super happy with them!

IMG_8169.jpg
IMG_8168.jpg

Step 1. Wipe down the vent area with straight alcohol to remove any wax, etc.

Step 2. Spray down the vent and both sides of the decal with the all-in-one solution. I used the leftover All-in-One solution from my R3 Hinge protector install and it worked great.

4oz. of 70% Isopropyl Alcohol
12 oz. of Distilled Water
1 ml of Johnson's Baby Shampoo​

Step 3. Align, re-align, apply, slide, shift, re-align, peel, slide, and finally get it right.

Step 4. Use a squeegee (I used a cheap body-putty squeegee) with some clean microfiber cloth wrapped over it to work any bubbles and solution out. The microfiber cloth helps protect the decal so you don't scuff it up, and it also helps absorb the liquid that you're pulling out so it doesn't seep back in.

My only beef is that the decal is just a touch too short underneath the plastic vent. It just doesn't quite reach the fender...

IMG_8170.JPG

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got mine installed!

My only complaint is that the part that wraps around the bottom of the vent seems a bit short and didn't quite make it to the fender. This exposes some body colored paint from the right angles... even with the rest of the decal tucked in behind the plastic vent.

Pics and my personal tips in my build thread here:
Yeah, I see what you mean and that would annoy me to no end. @pixeldecals any chance you could modify (extend) that little bit on the bottom?

OP
OP
pixeldecals

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
Yeah, I see what you mean and that would annoy me to no end. @pixeldecals any chance you could modify (extend) that little bit on the bottom?
I can certainly extend that a little if that would help. Actually the first complaint I've heard about it in hundreds of sets. This set is the same cut and doesn't have the leak, The set on my JL (which I have since traded for a Gladiator) had no leak either.

My concern is making it too long so that there is material that has nowhere to go. @broox If you wouldn't mind measuring the gap that could help me make a minor tweak.

jl-vent-2c-ex-600x600.jpg

broox

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broox.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4, 2020 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for the delay, @pixeldecals! We got hit with a lot of wet / chilly days around here so my naked Jeep has been sitting in storage.

A bit of context - this was my first time installing a decal like this... so it's possible that I could've pushed the decal in under the actual vent more, but I don't think I could've made up for the whole shortage. I have a 3/8" gap on the driver's side and a 1/4" gap on the passenger side.

I admittedly did a slightly better job installing the passenger side decal than the driver's side, but everything is still lined up pretty well. In my case, it seems like they should be at least 1/4" longer on the bottom... but even if it was 3/8" longer, I think I could've slipped it behind the fender plastic on both sides. I wonder if there's a slight size difference between the body-matched painted fenders and the plastic ones??? This is on a 2020 JLR.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fender Vent Blackout Decals IMG_8412

Jeep Wrangler JL Fender Vent Blackout Decals IMG_8416

Jeep Wrangler JL Fender Vent Blackout Decals IMG_8415

My concern is making it too long so that there is material that has nowhere to go. @broox If you wouldn't mind measuring the gap that could help me make a minor tweak.

Sponsored

OP
OP
pixeldecals

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
Anyone know if this has been fixed?
I have a file with the adjustments made but have not rolled it out to replace the previous version. If you want the adjusted version, please reach out via email.

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked the forum the same thing earlier in this thread to no avail. To me the red border makes it look more refined, but need to see it on a firecracker red to be sure.
Here you go, you can see the contrast in bright sunlight, in dark it does blend in with the Body colour though.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fender Vent Blackout Decals 15AADF35-E458-4A89-A340-DF1862B83986

Jeep Wrangler JL Fender Vent Blackout Decals 26DAACF9-B5E0-4B6A-ADF3-8919BA6CABB4

Jeep Wrangler JL Fender Vent Blackout Decals 1409E166-9E43-479B-85C5-34C5E252245F

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S
Here you go, you can see the contrast in bright sunlight, in dark it does blend in with the Body colour though.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fender Vent Blackout Decals 1409E166-9E43-479B-85C5-34C5E252245F

So at the end of the day do you this think it worth it? I'm glad to have seen it but I'm not sure myself.

Thanks for being an awesome guinea pig by the way!

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S

So at the end of the day do you this think it worth it? I'm glad to have seen it but I'm not sure myself.

Thanks for being an awesome guinea pig by the way!
Short answer is Yes, look you are getting the “Black” decal for the “Look” as this part of the decal stands out when you look from any distances and does look really good on Red.

On other hand the Red highlights give you that blend look with the Rubicon decal specially so when you are close by and it makes the vent decal look somewhat factory/OEM.

Finally you are only paying few dollar more for the red highlights (2nd pair of decals) if this gives you that extra “Finesse” then why not?

My 2 cent.
Sponsored