What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
I also installed a volt meter on next to the mirror to monitor the dual batteries I have.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1706
Tell me more about how you did that. Could that be wired to the little starter battery too? I recently had both die. Nice job.

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
Vehicle Showcase
I can't even dream of the quality lift kit I could install for $9K...
That is obscene. I built my own lift package that would test anyone for $1800.

69 ORIGINAL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 3.6L & 2020 JLUS 2.0L
Occupation
Finance
Ditched the front passenger seat and built a tray to mount/secure my ARB fridge for an upcoming trip.

That's a dangerous position for cold beer IMO!!!!

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
I marked up my ceiling for a hard top lift this winter. I’m putting it where we park the other truck cause my bay for the Jeep has my garage heater.
My ceilings are 10’5” and the top will hang down 3 feet so I’ll have a foot or little more to clear the Tahoe roof. I can’t put the top way back cause of the fridges. So as it stands now the back of the top will sit about 2’ from the light so I have some wiggle room.
I’m going to buy the garage smart lift.

if you guys have any suggestions I’m open for them.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E1537E23-D52B-42CD-BD4C-69231D5AED5E

Stingray20Idaho

First Name
RE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUSX
I marked up my ceiling for a hard top lift this winter. I’m putting it where we park the other truck cause my bay for the Jeep has my garage heater.
My ceilings are 10’5” and the top will hang down 3 feet so I’ll have a foot or little more to clear the Tahoe roof. I can’t put the top way back cause of the fridges. So as it stands now the back of the top will sit about 2’ from the light so I have some wiggle room.
I’m going to buy the garage smart lift.

if you guys have any suggestions I’m open for them.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E1537E23-D52B-42CD-BD4C-69231D5AED5E
I mounted my hoist in the attic of the garage, it allowed for higher lift and only one hole into the garage.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Rhinebeck01, any chance of letting us know the website (presumably) that you found the door lock cap on? Inquiring minds want to know.
@LizardBoy
@Kenny
@ChattVol
@Spdu4ia
@Jay 13
@Headbarcode
@JeepersCreepersJL
@chewieHVT
@DaddyEngineer
@DanW
@Rock Hopper
@californiajeeping
@beachbumm78
@OldGuyNewJeep
@anyone I missed 8-)

In regard to the caps... The 3D Caps for the Door Locks that I mentioned the other day have been designed, 3D printed (using ABS) and are on the way across the USA to me in New York, via USPS. I should have them by the end of the week.

I will install right away, and if they are as terrific as I expect/have been led to believe, well, I will let the 3D print guy know and then he will be making them available right away to all here that want a set..

As I mentioned, no profit motivation by the guy, 3D printing them. A fellow JL owner that is doing us all a solid, lets say.

By the way, did you ever look real close at the chrome door locks that we will be covering... Well, the diameter of the ones on the door are a different diameter then the one on the tail gate. Also, if you look real close you will notice that the tail gate one, is actually thinner then the ones on the doors...

With that said, the 3D printer guy /designer, had his work cut out for him in regard to measuring, design and such..

I have to give him credit.. Rather then coming up with a cap / 3D printing a cap, that one size fits all loosely, and you have to use double tape them on to get them to stay on, he professionally, designed caps that fit each lock very tightly.. so tightly you really do not need to use double sided tape....

I do plan to use double sided tape though .. I'll use double sided tape as a tad extra bit of security, as to not see the caps(s) blowing off and ending up in Brazil or somewhere else. 8-)

Here is a cut a way pic the printer sent me.... it shows a cut away / half of the cap that will be sent to me. Notice the way it fits/ conforms... real tight..
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 12345

So, I just wanted to let all that expressed interest, that the custom cap(s) is a reality.

Will be available soon. Just need another opinion on them, to find tune the mailing of same and then a link will go up where you can get them.

I want to thank the 3D printer guy, once again. He really isn't going to make money on these. When you see what he is charging you will understand what I am saying and why I'm thanking him.

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
@LizardBoy
@Kenny
@ChattVol
@Spdu4ia
@Jay 13
@Headbarcode
@JeepersCreepersJL
@chewieHVT
@DaddyEngineer
@DanW
@Rock Hopper
@californiajeeping
@beachbumm78
@OldGuyNewJeep
@anyone I missed 8-)

In regard to the caps... The 3D Caps for the Door Locks that I mentioned the other day have been designed, 3D printed (using ABS) and are on the way across the USA to me in New York, via USPS. I should have them by the end of the week.

I will install right away, and if they are as terrific as I expect/have been led to believe, well, I will let the 3D print guy know and then he will be making them available right away to all here that want a set..

As I mentioned, no profit motivation by the guy, 3D printing them. A fellow JL owner that is doing us all a solid, lets say.

By the way, did you ever look real close at the chrome door locks that we will be covering... Well, the diameter of the ones on the door are a different diameter then the one on the tail gate. Also, if you look real close you will notice that the tail gate one, is actually thinner then the ones on the doors...

With that said, the 3D printer guy /designer, had his work cut out for him in regard to measuring, design and such..

I have to give him credit.. Rather then coming up with a cap / 3D printing a cap, that one size fits all loosely, and you have to use double tape them on to get them to stay on, he professionally, designed caps that fit each lock very tightly.. so tightly you really do not need to use double sided tape....

I do plan to use double sided tape though .. I'll use double sided tape as a tad extra bit of security, as to not see the caps(s) blowing off and ending up in Brazil or somewhere else. 8-)

Here is a cut a way pic the printer sent me.... it shows a cut away / half of the cap that will be sent to me. Notice the way it fits/ conforms... real tight..

So, I just wanted to let all that expressed interest, that the custom cap(s) is a reality.

Will be available soon. Just need another opinion on them, to find tune the mailing of same and then a link will go up where you can get them.

I want to thank the 3D printer guy, once again. He really isn't going to make money on these. When you see what he is charging you will understand what I am saying and why I'm thanking him.
Count me in!

Scott

Coyne11

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon , 1989 Toyota Pickup 4x4 SAS Swap
@LizardBoy
@Kenny
@ChattVol
@Spdu4ia
@Jay 13
@Headbarcode
@JeepersCreepersJL
@chewieHVT
@DaddyEngineer
@DanW
@Rock Hopper
@californiajeeping
@beachbumm78
@OldGuyNewJeep
@anyone I missed 8-)

I may be interested in a set as well. Will they have the 3D printed layers that the filament leaves or will the be a smooth finish? Picture of the section view look like it has the filament layers but may not be the best picture

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I may be interested in a set as well. Will they have the 3D printed layers that the filament leaves or will the be a smooth finish? Picture of the section view look like it has the filament layers but may not be the best picture
@Coyne11
I was told by the designer/printer, that they match up very closely to the door handle black/plastic.
I believe they will be smooth ABS and should match up well to the door handles.. I'll know in a few days when my evaluation set arrives..

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I really really like the new "soft touch" buttons come with AJT design key fob, totally changed the cheap feeling of rubber buttons .

Now it is a simple joy to lock and unlock, the buttons are so responsive and "grippy".

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200810_213051