Sponsored

Must-have miscellaneous items needed for new rig?

CRod

First Name
CRod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Just bought a 2018 MOAB (Silver) and somewhat new to jeeps so was wanting to know if anyone had a recommendation on the "must haves" for jeep ownership? Not looking for bigger tires or lift kits - more like ......grab handles, sunshade, etc....... there's a ton of options out there and brands that would be good to look at would be appreciated.... Thanks a ton.
Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Congrats and welcome aboard!!!!

You may want to add your plans for rig. Also is it your DD? Answers to those 2 items will probably impact folks answers / recommendations.

OP
OP

CRod

First Name
CRod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Thanks! Plan is to use on weekends and evenings - not daily driver. run to the lake or beach and just enjoy with top off. Like conveniences and not a lot of "extra" looking items (if that makes sense). Appreciate it.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Join a local club and do a few runs. You'll know what you want/need.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Thanks! Plan is to use on weekends and evenings - not daily driver. run to the lake or beach and just enjoy with top off. Like conveniences and not a lot of "extra" looking items (if that makes sense). Appreciate it.
ok. So, it seems to me that you are looking for some stylish upgrades that might also be a bit functional. here is a list for you of stuff to consider

1) a tailgate table. I have the outback Trailgator table. VERY nice. There are others as well. Great function and easy to install.
2) how about an interior rack of some kind. It will keep prying eyes from seeing into your Jeep. I have the Texas Metalworks one. Amazing quality.
3). consider getting rid of that ugly metal antenna and get a stubby .... better look IMO
4) wheel locks?
5) hood locks?
6) recovery; if you are on sand, consider some Maxtracs or knockoffs. I have the X-Bull. A kenetic rope is a good idea too.... I have the bubba rope...... tree strap too? Maybe also a small folding shovel to dig you out if needed.
7) Molle bags for storage?
8) certainly consider some great Off-road lights. If you are out on the beach at dark, they may come In handy. And, if not, they look bitchinā€™ ......
9) for style, how about some kind of grill guard. Mopar makes a couple and you can also bolt on lights.
10) does the Moab have steel bumpers? If not you can really start to dress your doll with some really good looking bumpers and get rid of the plastic.
11) get some really good floor mats for sand.
12) do you intend to air down on the sand? If so, get a Compressor And maybe a set of those air down valves for speedy air down.
13) fore extinguishers. Element makes a great one.
14) some killer looking Rockrails. Why? well, they look cool Even at the beach.
15) door sill protection..... sand will grind paint...... cheap way to help keep the door sills in good condition.
16) harbor freight moving blankets 40x72. They are about $10 and fit your Jeep perfectly. A million uses buy 4.
17) cell phone holster from Gibson leather works (love it).
18) rear cargo liner to keep sand contained?
19) trasharoo to keep trash (or wet towels) outside your Jeep?
20) lights for your tailgate glass. Oracle lighting or other type.....

well, thatā€™s about all that I can think of right now..... notice, I left a winch and snatch blocks, etc out of the equation ..... some of the. Recovery stuff I listed above is more than enough.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

CRod

First Name
CRod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Thanks for the list! Holy cow thereā€™s a lot of things! Yes Moab has front steel bumper so will likely want to match the rear. Appreciate all the insight!!

OP
OP

CRod

First Name
CRod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
What about a good pulley system for the hard top? Any recos?

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Tailgate table.
Carolina Metal Mirrors.
67design phone mount.
Weather tech digitalfit floor mats.
Waterproof seat covers or a Fitly waterproof towel.
spiderwebshade.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Thanks for the list! Holy cow thereā€™s a lot of things! Yes Moab has front steel bumper so will likely want to match the rear. Appreciate all the insight!!
And, frankly, you donā€™t need to buy any of it.... your Jeep is great just the way it is ...... but, welcome to Just Empty Every Pocket..... itā€™s a club. Itā€™s a JEEP thing.

you will ultimately find the stuff that works for you.... add a bit here or there..... and have fun

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
There are several folks here who have these. Google it for the threads.......
if you are taking the hardtop off, you may wish to strike my ā€œshelfā€ idea and get a security enclosure instead.....

Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Def spider web shade.... or Alien Shade. I have owned both... each is good but its the first thing i install on all my jeeps.

my personal "go to's" are actually just jeep basics... (tools not included)

Grab handles (i like parachute cord ones w velcro so i can toss them in the washer)
Sunglass holder for u & passenger
Old comfy hat
Duct tape
Knife
Spare bottle of water (for rinsing feet)
Flips, bikini, towel, lightweight sweater (florida girl here, lol)
Phone holder- a good one! I prefer the popsocket adhesive holder....needs less space than those plastic ones and phone wont bounce out of it or rattle when driving....
Some bad a$$ personal decals for personality
Lotion/sunscreen (also helps loosen anything rusty in a pinch)
If u got leather - then good seat covers (bartacks r good, wet proof, & hard to destroy, wish they were softer)
Dog leash clip (cant chance lil dude jumping out)
Jeep hammock (honestly i use it more as a shelf... bikini can dry on it, setting stuff like food ect on it when im at the beach, doggo likes to chill up there)
And if u will b doing errands w the top off.... think abt how u want to secure ur purchases...

But most importantly...
A GOOD JEEP WAVIN HAND!
Have fun!

Jeep life

bbq4133

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Granite Crystal 6MT
I went looking for a 67Design mounting system but they appear to be sold out sold out. Anyone using the Vector bar in their JL?

TomahawkChop

First Name
Jerid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
I ordered the Dual-Top Group for my 2021 JLUR. My previous JKUR had the hard-top. I bought a used older model Bestop Trek-Top and I hated it. Believe it was mainly because it was an older version of the top and it really made getting into the rear cargo area a pain. So I figured I'd give the new and improved OEM soft-top a whirl. I am in GA and rain is unpredictable. I also like having the rear window up (hard-top, not good long-term) or off (soft-top) to help reduce all of the interior air turbulence. With all of that being said, I will definitely be going with a TopLift Pro Hard-top if I decide to stick with the hard-top. More money, but also a better investment IMO. There's a Forum area just for the hoists so I'd recommend you check that out to get the best ideas. One of my first purchases will be a Tazer JL.

https://topliftpros.com/
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/hardtop-hoist-storage.167/
https://www.zautomotive.com/product/tazer-jl-mini/

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I went looking for a 67Design mounting system but they appear to be sold out sold out. Anyone using the Vector bar in their JL?
i got the CMM grab bar 20mm ball, and then got a couple arms and the phone holder from 67d. 67ā€™s phone holder is sold out now but you can use a different holder while you wait.
Sponsored