Sponsored

How many miles on your 2.0t?

ZenWorld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara, 2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Use top tier gasoline. Fuel system cleaners every oil change could help a little for the pistons but comparative studies by mechanics on YT routinely show even the best cleaner doesn't do that much to help . CRC makes an intake valve cleaner for direct injection and is turbo safe that looks pretty promising.
Thanks I use Shell 91 all the way and have checked the Mishimoto catch can and found it hasn't produced any oil bypass yet. Time to do some research.
Sponsored

PUB55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Ski Resort Director
Love the 2.0, acceleration suits me just fine and I've seen zero problems always running on premium fuel. My Sahara is all stock at this point with 6.5k miles. I will put beefier meat on it this winter but at this point I'm seeing 26.7 average mpg on a 19 mile all-highway commute to work at 9000 feet elevation. Just starting to get used to the start/stop engine function but when I see my mpg I get more and more comfortable with it....I think Jeep has a real winner with this power plant!

Thegrants82

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Catch cans work wonders. Just keep using 91/93 and you’ll be fine for a long long time.
How can we clean out the valves due to carbon build up. I have a catch can from mishimoto installed. Anything else I can do?

TravelingMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited Mojito!
11.5 K on my 2019 and ZERO issues!

Sponsored

sandygar4

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
16k, been great except 8.4 radio failure, 7 weeks and still waiting for warranty replacement

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
2019 Sahara with 20K, averaging 22-23 mpg depending on how heavy my foot is. The turbo/etorque is a hoot to drive! All Jeep off road, too. Looking forward to a Colorado vacation in two weeks, lots of mountain passes ahead! I’m running Premium, too. If you can find Premium without an ethanol blend you’ll love the performance.

Sarge50

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR 2012 Ram 2500 Cummins 2008 Mazdaspeed3
How can we clean out the valves due to carbon build up. I have a catch can from mishimoto installed. Anything else I can do?
Recommend you use the BG Service induction service every 30K. From what I have seen it does a great job of cleaning the valves if you do it at the recommended intervals. That and a oil catch can. I have a 2008 Mazda Speed3 with 94K and it runs like a champ Always used Pennzoil Full synthetic. Use Berryman B12 every 30K through the PCV vac hose; runs like a raped ape. No catch can yet

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
Recommend you use the BG Service induction service every 30K. From what I have seen it does a great job of cleaning the valves if you do it at the recommended intervals. That and a oil catch can. I have a 2008 Mazda Speed3 with 94K and it runs like a champ Always used Pennzoil Full synthetic. Use Berryman B12 every 30K through the PCV vac hose; runs like a raped ape. No catch can yet
I used the BG Service on my 2005 GMC Sierra with 200K on the 5.3L and it made a HUGE difference in performance. Truck ran like new and I had to work to keep my foot out of it. I thought the truck ran well before but this was something new to me. BG Products is the real deal.

Sponsored

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I have a new Rubicon Recon and I am getting no where near the mileage you all are saying. Running premium fuel, getting on average about 18.5, I drive with a light foot as well. 1400 miles

PunKin

First Name
Pj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (SOLD)
Occupation
Growth Engineering Tech
Vehicle Showcase
6K :involve:

Last edited:

gsyoung

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU North Edition
I have a new Rubicon Recon and I am getting no where near the mileage you all are saying. Running premium fuel, getting on average about 18.5, I drive with a light foot as well. 1400 miles
I had similar results at that mileage in my 2020 JLUS. I'm at 3,300 now... getting 20-22mpg. Based on what I'm reading from other folks, I'm hoping to see continued improved at least to 10K.

swflfireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
I bought it used at 16K now I have 32K and it runs great. 100 miles a day commuting and she runs strong as ever. I think I'll definitely check out the BG fuel service soon.

Burt

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wife’s)
Occupation
Retired
22k on mine, runs great, no issues... Get 14 mpg when off roading, around 20 mpg’s if not.
Sponsored