Not open for further replies.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
It seems like lately a lot are jumping straight from "Ingate / Rebay at Facility" with or without ETA to dealer delivered. Is this actually happening or just wishful thinking on my part? A man can hope, right?
I want my Jeep to teleport from Swanton to San Diego. Is that possible anyone? Bring the starship Enterprise around.
Sponsored

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

Yeah the Select-trac is awesome. Already in use last night and today with the snow we had.
Very happy to hear your comments about SelecTrac, I've taken a lot of crap for ordering that but to me it's a great option for bad weather on road/highway. I had it on a couple of Grand Cherokees that excelled on beach driving, which is my "off road" of choice!

Sponsored

azjlur

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
There's a boat load of us in Marion, OH.

Any of y'all have info on how long that stay takes?

Maybe we can find a single pattern in all this madness.

Been in Marion since the 11th
@Pawpaw#1 (North Carolina)

Been in Marion since the 13th
@Matthew/E36 (Missouri)
@Maccam26 (North Carolina)

Been in Marion since the 16th
@azjlur (Arizona)

Been in Marion since the 17th
@jeepnoob (Texas)
@lonz (Missouri)
@Jl_rubicon (Southern California)
@TheLostNomad (Texas)
@Eljamdapal (Texas)
@JL2018 (Arizona)
@Dhovie (Texas)

Been in Marion since the 19th
@JDinSOCal (Southern California)
@simpleJL (Northern California)

Left Marion on the 19th
@Deezflops (North Carolina) - Has been delivered

Left Marion on the 20th
@md1046swt (Texas)
@AustinE (Unknown)

Left Marion on the 22nd
@YOKiN (Texas)
Anyone noticed how all of us have an ETA of TBD? I had an ETA before I ended up in Marion and then it changed to TBD. I think it’s just going to show up at the dealer with no further updates which seems to have happened to a few other Marion Jeeps.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Anyone noticed how all of us have an ETA of TBD? I had an ETA before I ended up in Marion and then it changed to TBD. I think it’s just going to show up at the dealer with no further updates which seems to have happened to a few other Marion Jeeps.
I hope mine just shows up. That'd be freakin nice!

I am 5 days into Marion now. It sat in KZ in Toledo for 31 days before that.

I am all for a magical arrival. Gimme.

YOKiN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'65 Impala SS, BMW X5M, 2018 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
It seems like lately a lot are jumping straight from "Ingate / Rebay at Facility" with or without ETA to dealer delivered. Is this actually happening or just wishful thinking on my part? A man can hope, right?
Not wishful thinking. This just happened to me this morning. Showed up at the dealer in Houston. Completely caught me off guard, I'm currently looking for a one way plane ticket right now LOL. My dealership verified with the factory about delivering without the soft top option on mine about 2 weeks ago (Dual top) but he had no idea it was already trucked in. He told me the factory has been loading trucks for delivery instead of railcars that's why there's an increase in the delivery charge but it seems like Jeeps have just been showing up at the dealerships.

I had an ETA of 3/31-4/4, then it disappeared and went back to TBD once my status went to Offsite/Marion but it must have just been loaded on a truck and delivered directly to Houston. I bet it'll just show up. This is my second build and has arrived before my first one with about a month between ordering.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Not wishful thinking. This just happened to me this morning. Showed up at the dealer in Houston. Completely caught me off guard, I'm currently looking for a one way plane ticket right now LOL. My dealership verified with the factory about delivering without the soft top option on mine about 2 weeks ago (Dual top) but he had no idea it was already trucked in. He told me the factory has been loading trucks for delivery instead of railcars that's why there's an increase in the delivery charge but it seems like Jeeps have just been showing up at the dealerships.

I had an ETA of 3/31-4/4, then it disappeared and went back to TBD once my status went to Offsite/Marion but it must have just been loaded on a truck and delivered directly to Houston. I bet it'll just show up. This is my second build and has arrived before my first one with about a month between ordering.
You at least went "gate out" from Marion, though.

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)

Your dealer did try to opt for delivery without the soft top?

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
“I” status last night!:like: Thanks Jay for the updates.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
There are a lot of mobile apps showing up to the app stores every day. Many of them created by beginner coders, students, etc. You'd think professional auto companies could create an app for order status updates, with cool images. Just imagine how much people would show others the status both on their phones, screen captures on Instagram, YouTube videos, etc. Or at least text SMS updates with the status (Starbucks sends coupons if you are within 5 miles of a store, so a simple message with your Jeep status would be simpler to create, no proximity mile radius algorithm required, etc.). Just imagine the free PR and marketing value to increase their auto sales, improve branding and many other benefits. This would be a lot more valuable to the bottom line than the AR app Jeep created and easier to code. Just in case Jeep is monitoring these forums: Search Google for mobile app builder and see results like this one - https://developers.google.com/appmaker/overview

dmeyerrph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Firecracker Red
Very happy to hear your comments about SelecTrac, I've taken a lot of crap for ordering that but to me it's a great option for bad weather on road/highway. I had it on a couple of Grand Cherokees that excelled on beach driving, which is my "off road" of choice!
Well if the Rubicon package had it, I would have a Rubi. The Expeditions I had prior to my JK years had it. I had to travel to NoDak monthly for Reserves, in rain, sleet, snow, and selectable full-time was awesome. My 2014 JK Polar was an awesome upgrade from my 2008 JK, but when I saw the JL would have it as an option, well that was no brainer for our area of country.

CyBourg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 07 Honda S2000, 2018 JLU Sport O)|||||(O
Curious that only 1 Sport shows up in D-1 status. Does the data that the tracker is pulled from skew towards Rubi/Sahara? Are there just a lot less customer order Sports so it's representational?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.