Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I wish we could! you wont regret the wait! It will be awesome once it is available!
I’m assuming it will be compatible with the HD Alpha tire carrier but what about the newly released hilift jack mount?
Sponsored

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
I’m assuming it will be compatible with the HD Alpha tire carrier but what about the newly released hilift jack mount?
Yes, the current version of the hi+lift mount will be compatible with the new Hinge Carrier as well.

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the current version of the hi+lift mount will be compatible with the new Hinge Carrier as well.
Thank you - one of your retailers told me it wouldn’t be, didn’t seem to make sense to me.

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
Thank you - one of your retailers told me it wouldn’t be, didn’t seem to make sense to me.
sure thing, they may have been thinking the Mopar reinforcement plate, which it will not fit with.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
@TeraFlex, since you’re active in the thread and answering questions right and left, can you tell us anything about the cost? Same as JK model or are you going to hit us with the “JL tax” like so many other products?

Sponsored

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
Any updates on the hinge carrier? Just ordered the HD Alpha tire carrier. Excited to put it on this weekend.

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
Unfortunately with all that has been going on with Covid-19 production has slowed a bit. Unfortunately we will not be an exhibitor during SEMA this year. And will most likely be releasing the JL hinge around the first of the year 2021.

confusiussaid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Unfortunately with all that has been going on with Covid-19 production has slowed a bit. Unfortunately we will not be an exhibitor during SEMA this year. And will most likely be releasing the JL hinge around the first of the year 2021.
Disappointing to hear that, I won't be able to wait that long with such a heavy tire back there. Anyone know what hinge reinforcements are compatible with the Teraflex tire carrier?

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
sure thing, they may have been thinking the Mopar reinforcement plate, which it will not fit with.
So your JL tire carrier is not compatible with the Mopar hinge reinforcement brackets?

Sponsored

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So your JL tire carrier is not compatible with the Mopar hinge reinforcement brackets?
As it turns out the Teraflex HD spare tire carrier for the JL is compatible with the Mopar hinge reinforcement kit. I had one laying around from before I ditched the spare. I intend to use it until they release the Teraflex hinge reinforcement product.
I installed both last weekend on my JLUR along with an Artec license plate kit. But I didn’t use the factory third brake light, I used a license plate light/brake light combo by OffRoadOnly.

unaseer

First Name
Umar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Will the new JL carrier replace the hinges? Also, will it have heavier duty hardware to bolt to the tub?

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
EHS
Will the new JL carrier replace the hinges? Also, will it have heavier duty hardware to bolt to the tub?
I second that question. If it does not replace the hinges (i.e. only bolts up to them) then alot of stress is still being placed on the tailgate.
I was hoping Teraflex had some good news but looks like many of us are being forced to look elsewhere. Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe!
Sponsored