Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
The bronco with more clearance and better angles and lower crawl(manual) it would be nice to see or eventually hear the comparison from the trail.
The lower crawl is really a misleading thing. There is ONE version of the Bronco that has a lower crawl ratio. And only if you equip it with the right options. It has to be a Badlands, 4cyl, and manual transmission. Oh, and you can't put the sasquatch package on it, or it's automatically upgraded to the automatic transmission, and the ratio is lower. And that particularly equipped Bronco won't have better numbers than the Rubicon it's competing against. As the only way it has better angles is when equipped with the sasquatch package. But I agree, I want to see the videos of the Wrangler side by side with it. I could use a good laugh.
Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic

I'm pretty sure that this is a bone stock JL with a journalist who has never been on the Rubicon before, going up that exact same spot at Buck Island without any issue.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
The lower crawl is really a misleading thing. There is ONE version of the Bronco that has a lower crawl ratio. And only if you equip it with the right options. It has to be a Badlands, 4cyl, and manual transmission. Oh, and you can't put the sasquatch package on it, or it's automatically upgraded to the automatic transmission, and the ratio is lower. And that particularly equipped Bronco won't have better numbers than the Rubicon it's competing against. As the only way it has better angles is when equipped with the sasquatch package. But I agree, I want to see the videos of the Wrangler side by side with it. I could use a good laugh.
You are correct which is why I’m a little upset Ford has not quoted Badlands geometry.
I'm pretty sure that this is a bone stock JL with a journalist who has never been on the Rubicon before, going up that exact same spot at Buck Island without any issue.
What time in the video. I failed to see the same obstacle/line.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, the Rubicon is for Rubicons!

Since Ford named its off-road version the “Sasquatch,” perhaps it should find the Sasquatch, engage 4L, front and rear lockers, and I don’t know...run him over...?

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 1596748676226

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
Thinking maybe when the wife's subaru lease is up, maybe we will check out the 4dr.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Those are my videos, shared with a buddy, who posted them on Bronco6G, which then proceeded to watermark them and claim them as their own exclusive. My buddy later convinced him to at least give me a video credit... A bunch of the pictures floating around are mine too.

Was an unexpected surprise to come upon the test fleet as we approached Buck Island Lake. Super cool to see them in action in their developmental phase, but I'll be keeping my JL thank you very much.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread IMG-1552

Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
2 things on the first video:

1) the driver doesn't listen very well. He clearly isn't following the line the spotter is laying out...and that meant the Bronco struggled more than it needed to.
2)the new Bronco must come with a really good skidplate package. I don't think a JL could drag that much belly without getting hung up....I would have liked to have seen the 4door behind the 2door get through that section.
I thought the new Bronco had cameras in the front.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I thought the new Bronco had cameras in the front.
They do, so they can watch the Wrangler traverse up what they cannot if the windshield view isn't good enough! LOL!

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
Those are my videos, shared with a buddy, who posted them on Bronco6G, which then proceeded to watermark them and claim them as their own exclusive. My buddy later convinced him to at least give me a video credit... A bunch of the pictures floating around are mine too.

Was an unexpected surprise to come upon the test fleet as we approached Buck Island Lake. Super cool to see them in action in their developmental phase, but I'll be keeping my JL thank you very much.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread IMG-1552
I have a problem with that highlighted statement. Your buddy shouldn't have had to do anything, they should have given you credit from the start and not act like Ford invited them to come and capture the whole thing.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
2 things on the first video:

1) the driver doesn't listen very well. He clearly isn't following the line the spotter is laying out...and that meant the Bronco struggled more than it needed to.
2)the new Bronco must come with a really good skidplate package. I don't think a JL could drag that much belly without getting hung up....I would have liked to have seen the 4door behind the 2door get through that section.
+100 on those skids. No way I thought they could drag themselves over with three tires hanging.

In all, good videos of why the SFA in our Wranglers are simply superior for that type of trail

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I have been a Jeep guy forever and love my JLR 2dr. However, If I had the money I would buy a new 2dr bronco if they put a 302 in it. A 302 Bronco would definitely dent the hell out of Wrangler, couple that with real customer service and trained techs, what a concept. I would have both in my garage.
Sponsored