Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
So how has everyone been storing your freedom topson short drives? Am I the only one that wastes time with the storage bag in the back?? Is there a quicker spot to store them, that's relatively secure?

@Allagash27 : the number of people unhappy with purchasing a Bestop Sunrider in place of their Freedom Panels could, I'd bet, fit in a phone both.

(Phone both: this glass enclosed structure with a bifold door to close for privacy with a pay phone in it common up until the 1990s).

~~~~~~~~~

There's a learning curve with the bag that holds the Freedom Panels. It's not hard once learned, but don't follow it and you could pull your hair out trying to get the bag closed.

Mrs. ShockerRacing does as good a job as anyone explaining it.

That said I'm kind of surprised (maybe someone has) nobody's invented a product that attaches to the rails, or "D" clips built into the rig's cargo area, that then clamps down on the panels (vertically or horizontally) and holds them.

Does vertical storage of the Freedom Panels block the rear view mirror?
Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
I like the idea of loading it up vertically like you do, just kind of cumbersome to hold the bag open when its flat and slide them in, just looking if someone had some tricks to make it easier...
I lay the bag flat in the back of the Jeep with the divider cloth flipped out and completely unzipped. Put in the drivers side panel. Flip the divider cloth on top of the first panel. Then I place the passenger side panel in. Zip the bag shut and I am done. I don’t know how it can be any easier but, heck I have seen many damn people that do not know how to wear face masks, social distance or stop at stop signs either so maybe using a bag for storage of freedom panels is pretty difficult and I am just a freaking genius.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
So how has everyone been storing your freedom topson short drives? Am I the only one that wastes time with the storage bag in the back?? Is there a quicker spot to store them, that's relatively secure?
I just put them back behind the seats . The bag stores my fishing gear and beer cooler.

Allagash27

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
@Allagash27 : the number of people unhappy with purchasing a Bestop Sunrider in place of their Freedom Panels could, I'd bet, fit in a phone both.

(Phone both: this glass enclosed structure with a bifold door to close for privacy with a pay phone in it common up until the 1990s).

~~~~~~~~~

There's a learning curve with the bag that holds the Freedom Panels. It's not hard once learned, but don't follow it and you could pull your hair out trying to get the bag closed.

Mrs. ShockerRacing does as good a job as anyone explaining it.

That said I'm kind of surprised (maybe someone has) nobody's invented a product that attaches to the rails, or "D" clips built into the rig's cargo area, that then clamps down on the panels (vertically or horizontally) and holds them.

Does vertical storage of the Freedom Panels block the rear view mirror?
I have no doubt I would love the Sunrider. Just a matter of when/if I'm willing to spend the money on it-they aren't cheap. BTW I am old enough to remember phone booths :)

Allagash27

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
I have no doubt I would love the Sunrider. Just a matter of when/if I'm willing to spend the money on it-they aren't cheap.
*Update* I received my Sunrider top last week, unboxed it to make sure it arrived intact with all the parts. Now I'll just wait a couple months for spring to arrive in northern Maine. Late March we start to get daytime highs above freezing; late April the last of the snowpack usually melts.

I probably could run the Sunrider in the winter but I feel more comfortable with the fiberglass panels. A foot of dense wet snow weighs a lot!

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
*Update* I received my Sunrider top last week, unboxed it to make sure it arrived intact with all the parts. Now I'll just wait a couple months for spring to arrive in northern Maine. Late March we start to get daytime highs above freezing; late April the last of the snowpack usually melts.

I probably could run the Sunrider in the winter but I feel more comfortable with the fiberglass panels. A foot of dense wet snow weighs a lot!
Your looking at this all wrong Jacques. ;) The weather shouldn't be seen as a reason that prevents your use of the Sunrider, but rather a justification to a significant other, of your need to acquire a fancy roof rack.

See what I did there?

Austin23

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Bought a Bestop Sunrider a year ago, and the freedom panels have stayed in their bag inside my garage ever since.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
it seems to me lately that just about everybody is hiding their freedom tops

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Sponsored

azulwavesJL

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU hydro blue
Occupation
Flight Planning Supervisor
I usually use the bag, but if I'm in a real hurry for a short trip (on nice days sometimes I'll take them off after work before I drive home) I'll stand one up on the floor between the front and rear seats and lay the other one down in the cargo area (on top of a sleeping bag and knapsack/emergency kit I keep back there). I'd like to just keep them off for a while but our weather is so unpredictable. Basically the forecast every day all summer is 30% chance of showers (slight exaggeration). Every 3 or 4 days we actually get one, and if it happens while I'm at work and the seats get soaked it's no fun. I'm toying with the idea of getting a Besttop Sundrider.
I do it this way too on my 25 minute drive between the office and home.

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
I just lay them flat behind the back seats with my soft cargo cover in between them, takes no time at all.
Sponsored