3.6 with/without E torque

ArmannB

First Name
Armann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR 3.6
This topic might've been beat to death already but I haven't found anything searching around.

I'm between a 2020 JLUR with the standard V6 at a dealer currently or ordering a 2021 JLUR which would force me to get the etorque version. Can anyone give some insight on which route to go with? Main benefit to the etorque I've read is smoother ESS which I plan on disabling anyway. Other than that it comes down to normal driving impressions between the two.
Sponsored

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
This topic has been beat to death. I have a 2021 3.6 on order. I could care less if it has etorque. Too much BS and misinformation floating around about etorque. I looked for a 2020 for a while that dont have etorque. No deals to be had so I ordered a 2021.

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Etorque is covered for 8 years of warranty. Plenty of other expensive crap will break before that, but after the standard warranty.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The more I read about the stupid games FCA plays with engines every passing year, the more I appreciate my first-year JLU with the regular 3.6 V6.

Sponsored

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
Glad I purchased my 2019 JLR. No way would I buy E torque. Don’t get me wrong I really like my Rubicon, but if I was in the market now I might wait and see what the Bronco looks like.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
If you lease your vehicle, don’t work on it. Trade it in every couple years and basically are not a car person and don’t care Etorque is fine and you probably want it.
If you’re enthusiast and you do work on your own vehicle and you keep it forever you do not want it.
So different vehicles for different people

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
So I am absolutely no expert and do not own a JL yet but I think the eTorque gets you more that just a smooth ESS - the additional torque for instance?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ArmannB

ArmannB

First Name
Armann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR 3.6
Glad I purchased my 2019 JLR. No way would I buy E torque. Don’t get me wrong I really like my Rubicon, but if I was in the market now I might wait and see what the Bronco looks like.
The bronco does look like a good package for what its offering but I like the look of the wrangler more. I'll be car less soon too, I could wait a little for an order but I try to stay away from first year models.

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
So that is what I am debating a 2020 Rubicon Recon or ordering a 2021 without the eTorque. I have heard of some battery issues with the non eTorque - but again I do not own own one and cannot verify.

OP
OP
ArmannB

ArmannB

First Name
Armann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR 3.6
If you lease your vehicle, don’t work on it. Trade it in every couple years and basically are not a car person and don’t care Etorque is fine and you probably want it.
If you’re enthusiast and you do work on your own vehicle and you keep it forever you do not want it.
So different vehicles for different people
Getting out of the leasing world and buying this time around. I plan on keeping it a while

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
So that is what I am debating a 2020 Rubicon Recon or ordering a 2021 without the eTorque. I have heard of some battery issues with the non eTorque - but again I do not own own one and cannot verify.
No battery problems here as I put a battery tender on when sitting in my garage. No not an everyday driver for me, but I’m thinking maybe that is why I have not had any battery issues. I also do not have much faith in the stock mopar battery as I have sold many new batteries for Chrysler products that were not very old.

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
The bronco does look like a good package for what its offering but I like the look of the wrangler more. I'll be car less soon too, I could wait a little for an order but I try to stay away from first year models.
I definitely like the look of the wrangler and wanted to buy a Jeep for a very long time. Looked and thought about a JK, learned a lot about Jeep in my searching and before I new it the JL was born. Really was on the fence at that point with all the new electrical on JL and not having much trust in FCA. That is why I waited another year and ordered exactly what I wanted. The prices now are so high I don’t think I would be buying a new Jeep.
Sponsored