Storing freedom tops

Speedracer

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JL 2.0
So how has everyone been storing your freedom topson short drives? Am I the only one that wastes time with the storage bag in the back?? Is there a quicker spot to store them, that's relatively secure?
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i use my freedom bag on small trips where i don't have as much gear. other wise i leave them home or leave them on

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Takes about five minutes I think. I use the bag behind the backseat - just wish they could fit parallel to the chassis to not obstruct rear view. Maybe if the backseat is out.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
I lay my freedom panel bag flat. As long as I don’t have excessive weight I can place things on top of them.

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I definitely put them in the storage bag every time I take them off but I always leave them home in the garage.

Sponsored

Micky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
in the bag, flat in the back. can put light things on top. takes me an average of 3 minutes. so no big deal. Rains enough where i am, that i ussually want it with me.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Just toss them in the bag, vertical with the seat, still have side mirrors and back up cam.
If no threat of rain, leave em in the garage.

Allagash27

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
I usually use the bag, but if I'm in a real hurry for a short trip (on nice days sometimes I'll take them off after work before I drive home) I'll stand one up on the floor between the front and rear seats and lay the other one down in the cargo area (on top of a sleeping bag and knapsack/emergency kit I keep back there). I'd like to just keep them off for a while but our weather is so unpredictable. Basically the forecast every day all summer is 30% chance of showers (slight exaggeration). Every 3 or 4 days we actually get one, and if it happens while I'm at work and the seats get soaked it's no fun. I'm toying with the idea of getting a Besttop Sundrider.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I use the bag. it takes me 1 minute to put them inside the bag... I place the bag open, standing vertical behind the trunk on the ground. Take one panel out, straight into the bag, second panel out, straight into the bag.

The longest I spend is taking off the latches? everything about freedom panels is so easy. I don't understand what is the issue with the bag? why wouldn't you use it?

OP
OP
Speedracer

Speedracer

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JL 2.0
I usually use the bag, but if I'm in a real hurry for a short trip (on nice days sometimes I'll take them off after work before I drive home) I'll stand one up on the floor between the front and rear seats and lay the other one down in the cargo area (on top of a sleeping bag and knapsack/emergency kit I keep back there). I'd like to just keep them off for a while but our weather is so unpredictable. Basically the forecast every day all summer is 30% chance of showers (slight exaggeration). Every 3 or 4 days we actually get one, and if it happens while I'm at work and the seats get soaked it's no fun. I'm toying with the idea of getting a Besttop Sundrider.
I'm thinking of the besttop sunrider as well...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Speedracer

Speedracer

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JL 2.0
I use the bag. it takes me 1 minute to put them inside the bag... I place the bag open, standing vertical behind the trunk on the ground. Take one panel out, straight into the bag, second panel out, straight into the bag.

The longest I spend is taking off the latches? everything about freedom panels is so easy. I don't understand what is the issue with the bag? why wouldn't you use it?
I like the idea of loading it up vertically like you do, just kind of cumbersome to hold the bag open when its flat and slide them in, just looking if someone had some tricks to make it easier...

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I like the idea of loading it up vertically like you do, just kind of cumbersome to hold the bag open when its flat and slide them in, just looking if someone had some tricks to make it easier...
Ah I get it, hold it vertically and open against the trunk and just place the panels, dont need to slide it in or hold the bag at all. You load the first panel and put the black protective sheet on front of it, panel stands vertical against the trunk. Then place the second panel and close the bag vertically. done. I always thought this is how it was designed to be used.

NJ_JL 2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Unlimited S
I typically place them on the side of my garage.