Largest Tire on JLU Sahara - Stock Rims & no lift

buzz998

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
has anyone considered running a 275/80r18? it is a slightly taller tire than a 35" and it is narrower to fit a factory width rim better.

Sponsored

56nomad56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ocean Blue JLU Sahara
Man it's tough out here to find a local set of stock sahara rims. I wanted to pick up a second set so I can put winter tires on them. Found a guy selling a set of stock sahara 18" with dueler AT tires on em for $1600 (!!). Asked him if he'd just sell the rims, this is what I got back:

rims.jpg
Dang Sport and Sahara wheels are dirt cheap around here. It might be cheaper for me to buy a set and ship them to you then for you to buy locally...this is from a local CL search:
Jeep Wrangler JL Largest Tire on JLU Sahara - Stock Rims & no lift Sahara wheels tires

Almost new tires (9/32", new is 10/32", seller wants $350 for everything. Several other examples.

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
Dang Sport and Sahara wheels are dirt cheap around here. It might be cheaper for me to buy a set and ship them to you then for you to buy locally...
No biggie, my jeep order hasn't even been filled yet and I have till november or so to pick up a set of rims. With my last car I bought a set of four steel rims for the winter tires but they rusted out in like 3 or 4 years... going to just get a set of alloys this time.

I still don't understand why people local to me just want to sit on the stock sahara take offs. No one who has a sahara is going to buy your sahara take offs unless they need a spare set of rims like the rare case of me where they want to have a set of winter tires.

I guess they want $0 instead of at least some money. I have found three sets of stock sahara rims for sale locally, all of which have been listed for months with no bites and they still hold firm at astronomical prices.

I could buy a set of aftermarket Fuel 18 x 9 Ammo rims brand new for that amount of money.

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
Speaking of the Fuel 18 x 9 rims.... they make the model I am interested in with a +1 or +20 offset. Which amount of offset would be best for a 275/70/18 tire if I had no lift or spacers? Or shouldn't matter either way?

Also still looking for any opinions from people who have actually tried a 285/75/18 or 285/70/18 tire on a stock Sahara, on whether the tire rubs or not. Thanks.

Last edited:

56nomad56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ocean Blue JLU Sahara
No biggie, my jeep order hasn't even been filled yet and I have till november or so to pick up a set of rims. With my last car I bought a set of four steel rims for the winter tires but they rusted out in like 3 or 4 years... going to just get a set of alloys this time.

I still don't understand why people local to me just want to sit on the stock sahara take offs. No one who has a sahara is going to buy your sahara take offs unless they need a spare set of rims like the rare case of me where they want to have a set of winter tires.

I guess they want $0 instead of at least some money. I have found three sets of stock sahara rims for sale locally, all of which have been listed for months with no bites and they still hold firm at astronomical prices.

I could buy a set of aftermarket Fuel 18 x 9 Ammo rims brand new for that amount of money.
No problem, offer is always open if you decide. In his post seller said he has another set with worn tires for even less, could get them for $200-300 possibly. These are always around so lmk.

$1600 is more than people are asking for Rubicon and Gladiator Rubicon wheels and KO2s, brand new take offs usually list between $1200-1500.

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
No problem, offer is always open if you decide. In his post seller said he has another set with worn tires for even less, could get them for $200-300 possibly. These are always around so lmk.

$1600 is more than people are asking for Rubicon and Gladiator Rubicon wheels and KO2s, brand new take offs usually list between $1200-1500.
I really appreciate the offer, thank you. If I am going to spend a bunch of money though I will just buy an aftermarket set of rims that I actually like. If I found a stock set of sahara rims that I could go pick up for cheap locally I'd be fine with that, but no one seems to want to actually sell.

Mind you that $1600 he is asking is in maple leaf $$ and not freedom $$... so that makes a bit of difference

Edit: I didn't see you edited in an ad for sahara take offs after I replied to you. How crazy would shipping a set of rims / tires be from California to Ottawa Canada? I would have to assume it would be a stupid amount of money

Sponsored

Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Man it's tough out here to find a local set of stock sahara rims. I wanted to pick up a second set so I can put winter tires on them. Found a guy selling a set of stock sahara 18" with dueler AT tires on em for $1600 (!!). Asked him if he'd just sell the rims, this is what I got back:

Jeep Wrangler JL Largest Tire on JLU Sahara - Stock Rims & no lift Sahara wheels tires
Where you located? I’ll sell you my Sahara rims. I’m in NJ.

Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I am in Ottawa Canada. Would shipping them be outrageous?
No clue but I’ll ship them if you arrange it. My zip code is 07836.

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
No clue but I’ll ship them if you arrange it. My zip code is 07836.
I'll look in to it at the very least. I am guessing the box would be 4' tall x 24" x 24" and what, 175 pounds for 5 rims?

How much do you want for the rims?

Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I'll look in to it at the very least. I am guessing the box would be 4' tall x 24" x 24" and what, 175 pounds for 5 rims?

How much do you want for the rims?
Make me an offer I can include the tires if you want but. TPMS sensors not included unless you want them (will cost more)
It would have to be 4 separate boxes I would think unless you can find a freight company that will package them on a pallet or something.
I will need a week or so to get my new wheels installed. PM me and I’ll give you my phone number. Easier to txt. As I forget to look here for new messages.
Sponsored