Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU Base and Options Price (w/ Invoice) (Sport, S, Sahara, Rubicon)

davidh

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon: Wrangler Sport S, JL
Only you can say and you need to do some research for yourself. You need to compare the two models and all of the differences to determine if the differences you gain with a Sahara justify the price difference. I had to do the exact same thing. One big difference for me was that I could not get LED option on Sport S and that was important to me. If I could have gotten that option on a Sport S I would have ordered that instead.

I broke down between the two models and figured I was about 3K difference. Then I had figured what it would cost to upgrade the LED lights on the Sport S after with Mopar parts. I figured that would be anywhere between 1.5K to 2K. I am talking fog, turn signals, headlights, etc. That brought my difference to 1K between the two models so I had to figure what I would be getting with the Sahara vs. the Sport S that could not be added from factory.

Automatic Temperature control dual zone
Painted Fenders
LED ambient lighting
HD shocks
HD breaks
112V power outlet
Different appearance package / silver accents etc

I believe there were a few other things that I cannot recall. Now all of these other things were not a deal breaker and I would not miss them but I figured they were worth the extra 1K in cost easily. Like I said, if I could have the LED light option in the Sport S I would have bought that instead.

You are looking at two models on the lot. Maybe that more expensive Sahara has some options you could do without and or make other choices that fit you better and order one bringing the price more in line with your budget. This is all however research YOU need to do. You may get a lot of opinions on your question but in the end you need to make the best choice based off of your time researching what is most important to you.

Use the comparison tool at jeep.com Wrangler Comparison

Set options to "Detailed Specs", "4-Door or 2-Door", and "Differences Only

upload_2018-3-18_0-24-34.png
I, too, am choosing between Sahara and Sport S. A few other options available on Sahara, but not on Sport S include:

wheels: 17 vs. 18 inch
Infotainment: 7 vs. 8.5 inch screen
proximity sensor availability (I'm spoiled w/current car that allows me to never touch key once in pocket)
Leather seats / shift knob

There may be a few others. I can't find the Sahara with Dual Top in my area (Memphis). I see a few in Atlanta. I may have to order one...or make a road trip.
Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I, too, am choosing between Sahara and Sport S. A few other options available on Sahara, but not on Sport S include:

wheels: 17 vs. 18 inch
Infotainment: 7 vs. 8.5 inch screen
proximity sensor availability (I'm spoiled w/current car that allows me to never touch key once in pocket)
Leather seats / shift knob

There may be a few others. I can't find the Sahara with Dual Top in my area (Memphis). I see a few in Atlanta. I may have to order one...or make a road trip.
Off-thread comment: Have you looked into contacting Kim at Superior in Conway, AR.? It's only like a 2 1/2 hour drive from Memphis, and she's sold to many on the forum for 5% below invoice on factory orders (last heard it was 44+ JLs ordered/sold) and gotten very good reviews. Look for the thread,

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition
No experience, but there are plenty of threads here that can give you first hand feedback. I wouldn't expect a big improvement in noise quality, though the noise cancelling function of the upgraded stereo has gotten good reviews.
With Dillon's, definitely mention the forum and ask about the Tread Lightly discount, and visit the threads that relate directly to those deals. MSRP is nowhere near your goal, 5% below invoice is, so, again, search the forums for more specific details (Dillon's advertises on this forum and has their own thread on here).
Good hunting.

I think I did well. Just ordered my sting-gray Rubicon, automatic with LED, cold weather, infotainment and premium soft top for $41, 237. Thanks to the recommendations from this thread and especially $uicide $hift! Went to Dillon's got a quote and shopped around Denver dealers and all of a sudden from "Rubicon are hard to find and have no discounts off of MSRP in Denver" to "I think I can go a bit lower." The MSRP was about $48k so we are talking around 15% below MSRP.

Not bad!!!

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I think I did well. Just ordered my sting-gray Rubicon, automatic with LED, cold weather, infotainment and premium soft top for $41, 237. Thanks to the recommendations from this thread and especially $uicide $hift! Went to Dillon's got a quote and shopped around Denver dealers and all of a sudden from "Rubicon are hard to find and have no discounts off of MSRP in Denver" to "I think I can go a bit lower." The MSRP was about $48k so we are talking around 15% below MSRP.

Not bad!!!
Not bad at all. Post that dealer/build sheet/purchase agreement so that others here can take advantage. Pay it forward.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Not bad!!!
Awesome! Really glad to hear it. You will be so much happier getting the Jeep exactly how you want it. I see you jumped to the Rubicon. I may get one in the future but I think I am working my way up the line. Sport S to my Sahara and maybe next one will be a Rubicon.

Love the color too, good job! :rock:

Sponsored

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome! Really glad to hear it. You will be so much happier getting the Jeep exactly how you want it. I see you jumped to the Rubicon. I may get one in the future but I think I am working my way up the line. Sport S to my Sahara and maybe next one will be a Rubicon.

Love the color too, good job! :rock:
Yes, because of the money I saved using your strategy, I was able to afford exactly what I wanted. The price paid was $1200 less than I was ready to pay for the Sahara, so I did it. Probably still stretched a little bit but I plan on having it for a very long time. I owe you dinner, If you are ever in Denver, let me know.

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Added the build sheet as an attachment

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is the difference between invoice and MSRP? How do you determine invoice?

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Usually invoice is printed in a column next to MSRP on that sheet you attached. It is considered the cost to the dealer. For instance the Auto transmission is 2K MSRP and invoice is $1780.00. On those POC sheets you usually have listed FFP (family & friend pricing 1% below invoice) and EP which is employee pricing 5% under invoice.

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Invoice is the (supposed) price the dealer pays, while MSRP is exactly what it stands for: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Invoice is about 4.8% below MSRP on the vehicle, and 11% below MSRP on the options/packages. A dealer can sell the vehicle for whatever he chooses, but will always find a way to turn a profit. Dealers going well below invoice (like yours), demonstrate that invoice is clearly not the actual price paid by the dealer, because then they'd by losing 5% on your unit. There are many profit build-ins that are hidden by dealer and manufacturer alike to insure profit. There are many threads on this forum that can break down exact numbers for each option, package and vehicle. Look around.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/posts/55979/

Regardless, with all of these things factored in, you did great on your price. Congrats and have fun watching that calendar...

aerosynch

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Ordered my JLUR with everything except smokers, safety, and steel bumper group from Beck Jeep in Palatka, FL. Looking at about 5.3% under invoice.

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was unable to see the invoice pricing on my build sheet so i am unsure of how much saved on invoice. On another note, where can i go to track the build? I assume i can track somewhere on the Jeep site? From what I am seeing, I assume it will be 12weeks before i see my Rubi.