Sponsored

Any Atlanta Jeepers out there?

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Where are you thinking about?
A little FS exploration around coopers creek and blue ridge areas. Have some trails and waypoints I want to explore and re-familiarize myself with. Haven’t had a Jeep for a few years.
Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Is Beasley knob open?

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
A little FS exploration around coopers creek and blue ridge areas. Have some trails and waypoints I want to explore and re-familiarize myself with. Haven’t had a Jeep for a few years.
Post up something with specifis when you have them (date, time, meet up place, loose plan).. maybe we can get some other locals to meet up.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
They close it every time we go. Bastards

Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Post up something with specifis when you have them (date, time, meet up place, loose plan).. maybe we can get some other locals to meet up.
I’ll see what I can do about an initial plan and starting point.
Thinking morning of August 16th.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Thinking a meet at Starbucks at 9am on 8/16 in Dahlonega and head west via Horseshoe Ridge and depending on time, circle back via Weeks Creek.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking a meet at Starbucks at 9am on 8/16 in Dahlonega and head west via Horseshoe Ridge and depending on time, circle back via Weeks Creek.
If your going up near Weekd Creek check out FS95 beyween Old Dial and Hwy 60
https://maps.app.goo.gl/TrZte9WH3wYnEe6V9

I think what your calling Horseshoe Ridge is also called Grassy Gap Rd. I haven't been in a while but don't remember it being much.

Old Bucktown from Roy Rd to Nimblewill Church is a nice stock friendly ride.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR

I think what your calling Horseshoe Ridge is also called Grassy Gap Rd. I haven't been in a while but don't remember it being much.

Yep, Grassy Gap is also called Horseshoe Ridge depending on which map you're looking at. It has one area with some washouts down the middle of the road but not deep enough to be any problem. There are a couple of mud holes toward the top one of which might get you stuck if you take the wrong side. Otherwise it's fine except for some rough sections with exposed rock.

I've never driven FS95. We eat up at the Old Iron Bridge Country Store occasionally and that would be a more interesting way back than we normally come. Have you driven it recently and what's it like? Being on the Georgia Traverse I'm sure that it gets a fair amount of traffic.

Later,
Johnny

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, Grassy Gap is also called Horseshoe Ridge depending on which map you're looking at. It has one area with some washouts down the middle of the road but not deep enough to be any problem. There are a couple of mud holes toward the top one of which might get you stuck if you take the wrong side. Otherwise it's fine except for some rough sections with exposed rock.

I've never driven FS95. We eat up at the Old Iron Bridge Country Store occasionally and that would be a more interesting way back than we normally come. Have you driven it recently and what's it like? Being on the Georgia Traverse I'm sure that it gets a fair amount of traffic.

Later,
Johnny
I did the Traverse from Alabana to Duncan Ridge & Wolfpen Gap 2 weekends ago. I passed a few other Jeeps and some Dualsport bikes in FS 95. Its rougher than you r average FS road, but a fun stock Jeep or overlander type road. I enjoy it more on my DS bikes because its a but more of a challenge on them. In the JLUR, its nothing.

All if the Travere was pretty easy. The optional loop up into Big Frog was the roughest

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I did the Traverse from Alabana to Duncan Ridge & Wolfpen Gap 2 weekends ago. I passed a few other Jeeps and some Dualsport bikes in FS 95. Its rougher than you r average FS road, but a fun stock Jeep or overlander type road. I enjoy it more on my DS bikes because its a but more of a challenge on them. In the JLUR, its nothing.

All if the Travere was pretty easy. The optional loop up into Big Frog was the roughest
Thanks Bryce, sounds like the wife and I need to add it to our loop up to the Iron Bridge.

Later,
Johnny

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd

Strangely, it’s labeled as 35 on the Gaia map I’m looking at.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd

Do you recommend traveling East or west on it (95)?