Sponsored

Working on 2021 order, how much under invoice?

Checkered24

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GWK2, 2021 JLU Sahara Altitud, 2004 Crossfire
So I am working with a dealer on a 2021 order. Sahara Altitude, MSRP $55,285. They offered a discount of just 0.5% under invoice ($3445 discount, sales price $51,840).

This seems low to me based on other posts, but I am uncertain how much most are really seeing as a discount on 2021's.

Really I am wondering what everyone is seeing or what I should be expecting for a discount. I feel there is more to be gained here. What have others seen on 2021 builds?
Sponsored

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
When working with dealerships, i cannot stress enough YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY. There are so many factors in play that it's hard to determine what's right/good for you.

Me personally? I cast a large net, and I was able to negotiate 8% under invoice inclusing the tread lightly discount for my 2021 special order.

but i'm in texas, and there's a ton of competition here. This specific dealership only offers this discount to locals who are special ordering their jeep.

There are a few dealerships(mid mo powerhouse, criswell, peters) that offer between 5-8% below invoice depending on your situation(TL, financing through the dealership, etc). At only .5% below invoice you still have a ton of room to move.

Please read my thread. you might find it useful:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-how-to-get-a-decent-deal-on-a-vehicle.54713/

Niffer

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sante Fe—Putting order in this weekend for Rubicon
I placed my order for a Rubicon on 7/24, and got a little more than 6% below invoice.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
2021 JLURD - 5% under invoice

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
2021 JLURD fully loaded - 7.5% below invoice.
But i will have to go to Idaho and drive it back to AZ..

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
2021 JLURD fully loaded - 7.5% below invoice.
But i will have to go to Idaho and drive it back to AZ..
Ironically, I bought mine in Gilbert, AZ. Not quite as good a deal, but I have had the experience of having taken a 1,000 mile trip in a Wrangler before. :)

All kidding aside, you'll have fun.

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
Ironically, I bought mine in Gilbert, AZ. Not quite as good a deal, but I have had the experience of having taken a 1,000 mile trip in a Wrangler before. :)

All kidding aside, you'll have fun.
Haha i think we will end up paying the same at the end because i will have to fly to Idaho and drive the Jeep back! Hopefully i can stop somewhere in Utah and check out some of the trails they have but i need to make sure to follow the break-in period

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Haha i think we will end up paying the same at the end because i will have to fly to Idaho and drive the Jeep back! Hopefully i can stop somewhere in Utah and check out some of the trails they have but i need to make sure to follow the break-in period
What break in period :)

Sponsored

Patientlywaiting

First Name
Saint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Patriot
Can’t you just have them drop ship it to local dealer? Discounts on rubicons are usually more than what they can discount on Saharaz

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
Can’t you just have them drop ship it to local dealer? Discounts on rubicons are usually more than what they can discount on Saharaz
I am pretty sure i could complete the paperwork over the phone and electronically sign the inspection sheet and have them ship it to me but if it shows up with any missing things (lets say it comes without body colored fenders..) then i probably wont have any recourse, plus buying a rig sight unseen is a scary idea for me!

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
What break in period :)
Ha they say diesel doesn't need break-in but then i read that it has "break in oil with additives" so there is that.. I will follow the same break-in period any other Jeep follows
Oh and i cant wait to seat the fuses! Some have reported to get their Jeeps with loose fuses! Thats the first thing ill do probably haha
I need to stop reading! Been spending way to much time on this forum! :D

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Having missed a few Jeeps at 4% below invoice now looking at 3% below invoice. At a $50,000 invoice vehicle each 1% is worth $500 so the 1% invoice person would get $500 off and the 8% guy would get $4000, so as I have learned what makes you happy? If you have to spend a lot more to get what you like or pass on the perfect Jeep because you thought every else was getting a better deal (like i did). What you personally pay is relative to the enjoyment and pride you get out of owning what you like. I mean I am all about saving money - but I passed on a Jeep for like $500 and it has costed me much more in time to find the next one at a higher price. Hope that make sense. Bottom line it Is paying what you are comfortable with and do not get caught up on who got a “better” deal. So many varriables influence what you pay. For instance where i am they sell Jeeps more than 1% under invoice so the Tread Lightly control number does not help me.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
plus buying a rig sight unseen is a scary idea for me!
It can be. But if you’ve made it this far and everything you’ve read up to this point still hasn’t deterred you from wanting to buy, you’re risking nothing buying the new vehicle sight unseen. Especially if the numbers make sense and fit within your budget.
Sponsored