Sponsored

Things you have learned the Hard way about owning a Jeep.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
There are many things to learn about owning a Jeep that you will never learn while owning a different vehicle. Share your experience here.

So, I learned something new yesterday. If you have the top off, the doors off and fold down your windshield and then try and drink hot coffee out of an open cup... In my case a Styrofoam cup, the hot coffee will blow all over your face, sunglasses and into your hair (if you have hair) while driving. Thank God, I had sunglasses on or I would have had hot coffee scalding my eye balls.

Lesson learned.........
Sponsored

bbq4133

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Granite Crystal 6MT
Today I learned to simply never drink coffee out of an unsealed, styrofoam cup in a Jeep!

Yesterday I learned the soft top/roof drains (??) right into the cabin depending on the angle of incline I am on, so today I am parked facing up the incline in the hope the rain simply does not drain into my cabin or onto my lap.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
There are many things to learn about owning a Jeep that you will never learn while owning a different vehicle. Share your experience here.

So, I learned something new yesterday. If you have the top off, the doors off and fold down your windshield and then try and drink hot coffee out of an open cup... In my case a Styrofoam cup, the hot coffee will blow all over your face, sunglasses and into your hair (if you have hair) while driving. Thank God, I had sunglasses on or I would have had hot coffee scalding my eye balls.

Lesson learned.........
Similar lesson... I stopped at the doughnut shop drive through with the kids on the way home from the lake. It was already dark, and the top was down. The next morning when I got in the Jeep to go to work it was COVERED in powdered sugar.

Lesson learned: don’t let your kids eat powdered doughnuts with the top down on the highway.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Similar lesson... I stopped at the doughnut shop drive through with the kids on the way home from the lake. It was already dark, and the top was down. The next morning when I got in the Jeep to go to work it was COVERED in powdered sugar.

Lesson learned: don’t let your kids eat powdered doughnuts with the top down on the highway.
Same scenario happen to me when eating a Krispy Kreme in my Mini at night. Accept this time it was that signature Krispy Kreme crackly glaze. Went to get in the next morning and it looked as if it had snowed in my car....... dried sugar everywhere.... dont't do it.

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
... If you have the top off, the doors off and fold down your windshield and then try and drink hot coffee out of an open cup... In my case a Styrofoam cup, the hot coffee will blow all over your face, sunglasses and into your hair (if you have hair) while driving. ........

Lesson learned.........
face.gif

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’ve learned that my general impression of Jeep owners as a group of hardy, rugged, manly men (not you ladies) before I owned a Jeep was all wrong, and that we are as a group much more sensitive to criticisms or perceived slights about our beloved Jeeps than most communities that love a particular vehicle. Jeep owners feelings get bruised like a grape if you point out any legitimate flaws of the Wrangler. I’m not affected by it (yet) and am learning to take it in stride.

Also that “topless season” does not apply to the part of Texas where I live unless you’re cool with arriving everywhere smelly, and drenched head to toe in sweat.

Last edited:

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
I've learned that LocTite is the only sticker I need to put on my Jeep. I mean I've always used it but Jeeps are literally held together with it.
don't forget the strategic pieces of load-bearing duct tape

Sponsored

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer

Sure it isn't the throwback Miami Vice edition?

"honest officer, that's powdered sugar..."

Ehmsea

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 13 Camaro SS, 04 Pontiac GP
Occupation
RF Engineer
Don't try to park a lifted jeep with the sunrider open in a garage...
It...does...not...fit... :facepalm:
The experience did however, give me some unique white stripes to my softop latches...
Sponsored