Sponsored

New Jeep owner how soon can you use synthetic oils.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Well, until I see a spectroanalysis of both the factory fill and pennzoil platinum, I will assume the factory fill is simply that.
Also, one cannot have opinions about a fact, you can simply be right or wrong. Opinions are for subjective material.
Sponsored

Thegrants82

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Did you really believe this?
Keep the original factory-supplied oil in until the necessary time. The original oil is a “break-in” oil used to condition the metal of the engine block with extra additives.

Sponsored

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Well I'll be damned. According to my buddy that's an engineer at one of the Japanese automakers doing engine testing, when asked about "break in oil" he said...

"no, the oil is regular oil, but the amount of moly that gets coated on parts during installation/construction "goes into" the oil and makes the break in compound"

And suggested leaving the factory fill until the first interval.

If that's their stance, I would assume FCA has similar processes and perspective.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Sir, there are hundreds of links when you Google “engine break-in oil” for products called and advertised as engine break-in oil. You say it’s a myth with SUCH conviction that it’s confusing! ;)
@Wabujitsu

I never said there was no such thing as engine break in oil..

I only stated that break in oil is not placed in the JL's 3.6 engine when assembled or at the plant. I won't go around and around on this but I know this for a fact..

Yes there is such a thing as break in oil. Was particularly popular years ago but not much at all now a days.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
@Rubidozer

Yeah, I am a troll .... 8-) and know you are wrong about break in engine oil being put in at engine assembly time. Pure BS. I'm sure some here will believe you. :LOL:
Everyone is full of shit except you. Must be comforting to know you’re the only one that‘S got all the answers. If someone disagrees with you they are liars according to you.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Everyone is full of shit except you. Must be comforting to know you’re the only one that‘S got all the answers. If someone disagrees with you they are liars according to you.
Again, you cannot disagree about facts, you can only be right or wrong.
Sponsored