Sponsored

Any regrets getting a Bikini colored Wrangler?

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Dudes are just upset because they see the ladies reacting to your ride. Bwahahahaha
Try wearing a kilt in a public setting. I have been wearing them for over 11 years and they are so much better than pants, but there is nothing I have ever seen that invokes the same reaction. But be warned that you must be very careful in a setting where women are drinking. Things that would get any man thrown in prison if the situation was reversed, do not apply to a drunk woman ... even with your wife standing next to you.
Sponsored

Last edited:

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got this beauty a week ago. Can’t see myself in any other color. But... I also have pink and yellow hair so loud colors are kind of my thing. This is my first Jeep and I love it. I previously had Camaros. Four of them. Definitely converted.

5FCD5A04-BC0A-47E8-9CB3-BF98D0B6E036.jpeg
Congratulations on the new Jeep. You will have so much fun with it.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
It looks like I'm picking up a Bikini colored Wrangler on Saturday. The color is CRAZY... I just can't decide if it's crazy cool or crazy "out there". Those of you that have lived with a Bikini Wrangler... any second guesses or regrets? Would you buy the same color if given a second chance? I'm curious. Here's a good representation of it:
I think sting grey was specifically invented for Wranglers only . I ve made way too many poor decissions in my life but I know too well I scored the most points with sting grey. : )

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
I don't get it? I think they look fantastic either way.

I'm not sure if it's the camera or the skies in LA but I've never seen one out here that looked as blue as some of the pictures here. They usually look more greenish.

They do look good either way. But to me the unicolor Wrangler looks too much like a Hummer without color accents. Just my opinion.

Yes Bikini Pearl is a schizophrenic color that changes from blue to green depending on the sun. In bright sunlight after a waxing the color is magnificent.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Just got this beauty a week ago. Can’t see myself in any other color. But... I also have pink and yellow hair so loud colors are kind of my thing. This is my first Jeep and I love it. I previously had Camaros. Four of them. Definitely converted.

5FCD5A04-BC0A-47E8-9CB3-BF98D0B6E036.jpeg
Congrats and good luck Heather, wait until the summer cools down into the 70's again. if you open that top you're really gonna be converted. Next spring you take off the top and doors and you'll be an absolute Jeep junkie like us all in here.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Try wearing a kilt in a public setting. I have been wearing them for over 11 years and they are so much better than pants, but there is nothing I have ever seen that invokes the same reaction. But be warned that you must be very careful in a setting where women are drinking. Things that would get any man thrown in prison if the situation was reversed, do not apply to a drunk woman ... even with your wife standing next to you.
Hahahaha sounds like you've got some stories in ya Will.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I remember when the Bikini color was fairly new so many were saying its a chick color. Seems to me lots of men like it too. I don't see too much trashing of the color anymore.

Thegrants82

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I remember when the Bikini color was fairly new so many were saying its a chick color. Seems to me lots of men like it too. I don't see too much trashing of the color anymore.
Actually it’s because that’s all that some dealers have left so these discussions always start end of model year. My dealer has two bikini two doors and can’t move them. If you even have to ask the question then you already will regret it.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hahahaha sounds like you've got some stories in ya Will.
I have some crazy stories. A funny one was wearing steel toe combat boots with a kilt to the Arc de Triumph on the one-year anniversary of the night club terror event. They had a magnetometer to walk through and had to hand them my sporran. Suffice it to say the machine went nuts as the combat boots set it off. The French security guard looked at me and I told him it was the buckles on the kilt straps. He said ok and let me go. They never looked in my sporran either. Worst security I have ever seen. Luckily when I went to the Eiffel Tower a couple hours later, the security was just as terrible and I never had to take my boots off.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I get a lot of "it's so cute!" and "it's so pretty!" from women. Some guys will ask about it, but most don't want to admit they like it haha
Sounds dirty.
Try wearing a kilt in a public setting. I have been wearing them for over 11 years and they are so much better than pants, but there is nothing I have ever seen that invokes the same reaction.
A colleague of mine lost a bet and was forced to wear one in public for a day - with no underwear. We made sure he had plenty of unavoidable Marilyn Monroe incidents.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
They do look good either way. But to me the unicolor Wrangler looks too much like a Hummer without color accents. Just my opinion.
I loved Hummers. If they were still making them I'd probably have one lol. I used to really dig the idea of having an H2 lol. I know, I know, it's not a real Hummer and it isn't that great offroad, but I still dig them.

The blocky old ones anyway. The renders of the rumoured GMC hummer do not appeal to me at all. It's supposed to look like a Tonka truck with tiny windows!

To me aesthetics are a huuuuuuge deal. If i wanted utilitarianism full stop I'd buy one of those weird looking cages on wheels that they call a side-by-side or whatever lol.

Hmm, then again, going off topic for a second, I kinda miss the blocky shape of the JK wrangler. I say that while studying the security camera picture of my JL sitting in my driveway lol. It's beautiful, no doubt, but the JL wins in terms of polish and completeness.

I suppose this is where having the soft top wins. The hard top's rounded edges and that stupid little fin spoiler kinda make it look like they tried to imitate a Japanese minivan.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds dirty.
A colleague of mine lost a bet and was forced to wear one in public for a day - with no underwear. We made sure he had plenty of unavoidable Marilyn Monroe incidents.
I once was in Baltimore near the airport and got caught in the edge of a tornado like event, although I don't know if a tornado ever formed, but the winds were whipping at 60 mph or more. This went way beyond a Marilyn Monroe moment.

There is a saying of what the garment is called depending on what is or isn't on beneath it. Your friend was wearing a kilt during the bet and not a skirt.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Every time I see a Bikini color I have a tiny bit of regret NOT getting that color. It was the closest color to my '99 XJ and I would have liked keeping the trend going.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually it’s because that’s all that some dealers have left so these discussions always start end of model year. My dealer has two bikini two doors and can’t move them. If you even have to ask the question then you already will regret it.
Supply and demand ... and they are demanding a premium. They will get it as there will be two people that have to have them, even at a financial penalty. Of course if you pay a few thousand extra, but get what you want and love the vehicle you are fine. Plenty of folks pay more for a better lift kit than cheaper alternatives, although both lift the vehicle the same amount. A mall crawler doesn't need as much articulation as a rock crawler and the cheaper offering will meet their needs. Many people buy a few cheaper options (may be budget limited) before settling on the more expensive, but better solution.
Sponsored