Sponsored

New Jeep Wrangler Willy owner color delemma.

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
White looks great on the Willys trim! I have a Ram1500 in black (in the background of pic). Man is that truck hard to keep looking clean, but looks great when it is. My Willys only gets washed once a month because it hides the dirt so well. Get yourself one of these Bestops, worth every penny!

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jeep Wrangler Willy owner color delemma. 20200518_173706_HDR
Sponsored

78cj7-18lj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangle Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
I agree that color is good on a Jeep, my Mojito looks good while it's filthy. That being said I had a White CJ 7 the only white vehicle I have ever owned . White body with a black top and big tires:)

dspilman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Door 3.6L Manual, 1997 TJ Sport 2-Door 4.0L Manual;
Occupation
Architect
White can get really dirty and scratched and still look clean. Black is hard to keep looking fresh in my past experience owning black cars - for some reason scratches and road/trail grime just don't appear as readily on a white vehicle. On the flip side, I almost never see all-black JLs, so it'd be a cool choice too. I'd be just as torn if I was presented with a choice of one or the other, but I love my all white JLR.
Jeep Wrangler JL New Jeep Wrangler Willy owner color delemma. 20200518_173706_HDR
@jessedacri I totally agree! Your white JLR looks sick in this photo. What trail is this?

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
@jessedacri I totally agree! Your white JLR looks sick in this photo. What trail is this?
Thanks! It was just 3N16 Holcomb Valley Road back in January - did quite a few snow runs through 3N16+2N02 out to Pioneertown last winter when everything else was too snowy.

dspilman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Door 3.6L Manual, 1997 TJ Sport 2-Door 4.0L Manual;
Occupation
Architect
Thanks! It was just 3N16 Holcomb Valley Road back in January - did quite a few snow runs through 3N16+2N02 out to Pioneertown last winter when everything else was too snowy.
Nice! I did Holcomb Creek trail 3N93 via 3N16 Last weekend. Great trail. Might do John Bull and/or Gold Mountain next weekend. Let me know if you want to join.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spinrite

Spinrite

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's
More pictures of the Willys...

20200803_133009.jpg

20200803_132934.jpg

20200803_133512.jpg

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I realize you didn't ask about HellaYella, but one thing I've found since getting one is that it hardly ever looks dirty. All the black parts show dirt long before the paint does.

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jeep Wrangler Willy owner color delemma. 20200803_142406

nice pics

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
Hey everyone I pulled the trigger on a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy with a 2L motor version. I'm excited to own my first Jeep and join this community. I should have my hands on it by upcoming midweek as the dealership has 2 of these models coming in. They have a black and a white one arriving midweek. I chose the white body with black trims, wheels and top. But also like the all black model. Any pros/cons to either color. Or what's the concesous amongst members for their favorite colors choices?

I think it is quite simple. After a wash, the white car will look good for about a day, the black car will look good for about ten minutes. if you are going off road, it probably doesn't make that much difference but, especially with dust, the black car will look like it sat through a tornado.

Sponsored

Merc

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door 6mt Willys; 2013 Subaru Crosstrek
I’ve been going through the same dilemma. Black or white. I love the contrast between the black and white, but an all black Willys looks timeless and mean.
On a Jeep I don’t think white necessarily keeps the cabin cooler because it’s still under a black hard or soft top, unless you get a color coated top which I’m not interested in. And although white is easier to keep clean, I think Jeep Wranglers get a pass on the keeping your car clean category. Both my kids say black. my wife wants to give no input because she hates Jeeps. Which is weird because when we started dating, when I proposed, after we got married, and had our first child, I had been driving a black TJ, lol. She only insist it be an automatic because she says she may need to drive it. That’s not happening, I only want a 6 speed.

Da Capt

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK sport
Black looks great on the showroom floor. And will never look the same agagin lol. I had both colors and by far the white looked better and didn’t have to always wipe n wash like the triple black one. If yr into always having a polish cloth with ya then go all black. Matters what really hits u.

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
Go for the white as stated above me. Believe it or not it's less maintenance than black. It'd be covered in dust in 2 days after washing it. White conceals more in my opinion. Here is my 2Dr Bulliet Grey JL with that 2L option as well. Does fantastic in the trails btw.

In my opinion, you'll see dust on a black car in about two hours. Those two hours though, it looks great.
Sponsored