Sponsored

Change the instrument cluster startup Jeep (Rubicon/Sahara/Wrangler) animation.

Traisoon

First Name
Traisoon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4-doors RHD Bikini Pearl Coat
Hey guys, can help guide me on how to change the Instrument Cluster startup animation from Wrangler to Rubicon? I just received my Rubicon and realised the startup animation on the Instrument Cluster is showing Wrangler instead on Rubicon.

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

Tellurian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems it isn’t something you can change through the normal interface and is preset at the factory. There’s a thread on the Gladiator forum about different models getting mixed up with the incorrect startup animation.

The two answers seem to be either take it to the dealer to see if they can change it for you, or buy a Tazer and manually adjust it to whichever model you’d like.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/instrument-cluster-splash-screen.24809/

OP
OP
Traisoon

Traisoon

First Name
Traisoon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Seems it isn’t something you can change through the normal interface and is preset at the factory. There’s a thread on the Gladiator forum about different models getting mixed up with the incorrect startup animation.

The two answers seem to be either take it to the dealer to see if they can change it for you, or buy a Tazer and manually adjust it to whichever model you’d like.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/instrument-cluster-splash-screen.24809/
Thank you so much.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
The two answers seem to be either take it to the dealer to see if they can change it for you, or buy a Tazer and manually adjust it to whichever
Try the first first, though. There's no reason you need to be shelling out money for a correct instrument cluster. A Rubicon startup animation is one thing, but who's to say there isn't something misconfigured elsewhere?

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
You might try disconnecting the batteries and then reconnecting them. I know it sounds weird, but last year we installed the 12v auxiliary adapter from @Quadratec and had to disconnect the batteries. When we restarted my wife's Wrangler (Sport S), it booted up with the Rubicon display. I turned it off, restarted it, and it changed back to the regular Wrangler display.

Sponsored

Tellurian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let us know if @The Fixer suggestion works or if the dealer is able to update it.

Like @Spank points out, it’s best to start with the least cost path on something like this.

Either way, I’ll be interested to know what the final correction looked like.

Cheers!

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
Hey guys, can help guide me on how to change the Instrument Cluster startup animation from Wrangler to Rubicon? I just received my Rubicon and realised the startup animation on the Instrument Cluster is showing Wrangler instead on Rubicon.

Thank you in advance.
All export (to my knowledge) variant of wranglers (Sports/Overland/Sahara/Rubicon) comes standard with the "Wrangler" startup animation no other variation by trim level. The same here for my export Australian Rubicon.

I had to use Tazer to change the screen to Rubicon.

OP
OP
Traisoon

Traisoon

First Name
Traisoon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
All export (to my knowledge) variant of wranglers (Sports/Overland/Sahara/Rubicon) comes standard with the "Wrangler" startup animation no other variation by trim level. The same here for my export Australian Rubicon.

I had to use Tazer to change the screen to Rubicon.
I just spoke with the dealer and he mentioned the Tazer as well. I will find out what it is.

You might try disconnecting the batteries and then reconnecting them. I know it sounds weird, but last year we installed the 12v auxiliary adapter from @Quadratec and had to disconnect the batteries. When we restarted my wife's Wrangler (Sport S), it booted up with the Rubicon display. I turned it off, restarted it, and it changed back to the regular Wrangler display.
This is interesting. I will try this method. Hehe. Will update here whether it success or not.
Sponsored