Sponsored

Old News? No 2.0L eTorque in 2021 Models?

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
This may be old news but I was looking at the 2021 model guide and there is no 2.0L eTorque model available in any Wrangler unlimited? Si that correct and if so anybody now the reason they removed this engine. I do see that the regular 2.0 turbo is still available? Perhaps this is old news?
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
FCA can't get something right but they make people test it anyway? People knowingly buy and suffer?

Not news.

It's a step in the right direction to simplify though.
@jeme ignore @rubileon

He's a 2.0 hater from down under and doesn't even own a 2.0T. He's a well known basher of all things 2.0.

While I have not looked at the 2021 model guide, I don't know if the 2.0 eTorque is out or not. For 2020, it was only available on the Rubicon Recon editions though. If you haven't, look on the order guide for that model and see. Good luck with your search.

BTW.....I love my 2.0T eTorque JLUR's. Nothing wrong with the 3.6, but I like the power and acceleration of the 2.0T in higher elevations.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
FCA can't get something right but they make people test it anyway? People knowingly buy and suffer?

Not news.

It's a step in the right direction to simplify though.
Who’s suffering? I haven’t seen many posts from 2.0T eTorque owners who have any complaints about their engine/eTorque malfunctioning. I’ve seen mostly complaints about it being annoying when running correctly, or owners misunderstanding the proper functioning of it - with only a very few legitimate complaints about it not working correctly. None appeared to be “suffering.”

I’ve had mine for a little over a year and 14K miles; it’s a 2018. It’s been flawless, and I’ve worked it pretty hard.

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
E-torque is offered in multiple Fiat models in the EU, and apparently without real issues.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
So you could order it in a Sarah in 2020. Wondering why it is not in the order guide. I get it about that other guy bashing all 2.0 stuff.

Any feelings on how the ETorque compares to the regular 2.0? I have heard there are issues with the ESS on the regular 2.0.

UGH not sure which way to go - was sold on the eTorque but cannot find a 2020 anymore.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
So you could order it in a Sarah in 2020. Wondering why it is not in the order guide. I get it about that other guy bashing all 2.0 stuff.

Any feelings on how the ETorque compares to the regular 2.0? I have heard there are issues with the ESS on the regular 2.0.

UGH not sure which way to go - was sold on the eTorque but cannot find a 2020 anymore.
Buy 2019/2020 used?

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Yes old news. For 2021, while eTorque was dropped from the 2.0, it’s now standard across the board with the 3.6/automatic

Every time they change it, it just looks like FCA can’t make up their mind

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
@jeme ignore @rubileon

He's a 2.0 hater from down under and doesn't even own a 2.0T. He's a well known basher of all things 2.0.

While I have not looked at the 2021 model guide, I don't know if the 2.0 eTorque is out or not. For 2020, it was only available on the Rubicon Recon editions though. If you haven't, look on the order guide for that model and see. Good luck with your search.

BTW.....I love my 2.0T eTorque JLUR's. Nothing wrong with the 3.6, but I like the power and acceleration of the 2.0T in higher elevations.
The OP asks for opinions but somehow yours is to say mine's invalid. More evidence of right decisions in life :CWL:

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe, Mustang Mach-E, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
For 2020, it was only available on the Rubicon Recon editions
I think this was mentioned, but wanted to clarify. The 2.0T with etorque is the 4-cylinder offering on Sahara’s for 2020. So if it’s a 2020 Sahara with the 2.0T, it’s the etorque.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Understood, thanks. Just checked the 2021 buyers guide and the eTorgue is not n option in any model. Ugh.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
@jeme While the 2.0L with eTorque is not currently available in the order guide, it may appear on the special editions which will hopefully appear in the next order guide. I liked how well the eTorque was integrated with the 2.0L while it seemed the 3.6L "stumbled to life" with the ESS. The 2.0L will eventually be available with the 4xe, plug-in hybrid. I'm hoping that version is available on the next order guide, but I'm betting we'll see it released along side the 392V8 this winter.

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
@jeme While the 2.0L with eTorque is not currently available in the order guide, it may appear on the special editions which will hopefully appear in the next order guide. I liked how well the eTorque was integrated with the 2.0L while it seemed the 3.6L "stumbled to life" with the ESS. The 2.0L will eventually be available with the 4xe, plug-in hybrid. I'm hoping that version is available on the next order guide, but I'm betting we'll see it released along side the 392V8 this winter.
Ok, good, I just wanted to make sure they did not stop making it for some reason. Thanks.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The OP asks for opinions but somehow yours is to say mine's invalid. More evidence of right decisions in life :CWL:
Your grasp of the American version of English apparently is not as great as what you think it is. Nowhere in the OP's original post is he asking for opinions on the 2.0 eTorque engine. He was simply asking if it was going to be available in any of the 2021 models since he didn't see it in the model guide.

It was pretty apparent to me that he alluded to wanting the eTorque vs. non-eTorque 2.0T. Yet you have to turn every 2.0T thread into a bash fest. You bring absolutely nothing positive or offer any FACTUAL knowledge/experience to any thread I have seen you post in, although based on the law of averages I'm sure you have a couple times. I mean, a broken watch is right twice a day.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Your grasp of the American version of English apparently is not as great as what you think it is. Nowhere in the OP's original post is he asking for opinions on the 2.0 eTorque engine. He was simply asking if it was going to be available in any of the 2021 models since he didn't see it in the model guide.

It was pretty apparent to me that he alluded to wanting the eTorque vs. non-eTorque 2.0T. Yet you have to turn every 2.0T thread into a bash fest. You bring absolutely nothing positive or offer any FACTUAL knowledge/experience to any thread I have seen you post in, although based on the law of averages I'm sure you have a couple times. I mean, a broken watch is right twice a day.
My facts are based on physics and logic... look those two words up. Speaking of logic, how is what the OP said different in American English? :CWL:
Sponsored