WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
From my sales rep. I’ve got a date!!
“It says 8/14 for ship, but I think that it gonna be a couple weeks after that. It has been 2-3 weeks behind.”
This is wonderful news...even with a 2-3 week delay!!! Yay!!!

Advertisement

ManualWillys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Wrangler
Melissa
Excellent news, ManualWillys! The materials needed to build your vehicle have been gathered, and the unit has been sequenced for production. 2021 model year production is set to begin this month, but I don't yet have a specific date to share.

1:58:53 PM
Me
d1 status?

1:59:50 PM
Melissa
We don't use status codes to describe the build process anymore, but yes, in the old system, it would be considered D1 status.

Sponsored

hazylogic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade; 2021 JLUR on order
Melissa
Excellent news, ManualWillys! The materials needed to build your vehicle have been gathered, and the unit has been sequenced for production. 2021 model year production is set to begin this month, but I don't yet have a specific date to share.

1:58:53 PM
Me
d1 status?

1:59:50 PM
Melissa
We don't use status codes to describe the build process anymore, but yes, in the old system, it would be considered D1 status.
Odd...I checked mine today and here’s the exact response I got:

D1 - Thank you so much for holding. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.

JustAnotherChicken

First Name
Tundra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Funny how they are saying 'all the materials needed to start the build process have been received'... as if they don't use JustInTime manufacturing. My wife jokes with me, saying they have a spot on the warehouse with a big pile of parts and my name on it and a piece of paper saying "don't put these together until later"... as if!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Funny how they are saying 'all the materials needed to start the build process have been received'... as if they don't use JustInTime manufacturing. My wife jokes with me, saying they have a spot on the warehouse with a big pile of parts and my name on it and a piece of paper saying "don't put these together until later"... as if!
Even with JIT they need to schedule the orders with their suppliers, local and woldwide, so local suppliers have received their parts to build their subassemblies and the others from around the world have shipped their parts to logistics warehouses near the plant.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Crypto update:

Brix sticker ordered date 05/18

Stryfed_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Sahara
The first leg of my trip is almost at an end, got the phone call yesterday afternoon that my jeep had just arrived on the lot. Didn't even know it had shipped as crypto had just updated my build on July 28. I know crypto can be off but, according to the dealership after the last lie the salesman told me and the manager corrected, no one knew it was even in transit. Since it was a late delivery I was told I can't pickup till Monday. I can't make it to the dealership until Tuesday now and it's supposed to rain both Tuesday and Wednesday and I don't want to do an inspection and take delivery in the rain, but I am so chomping at the bit.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The first leg of my trip is almost at an end, got the phone call yesterday afternoon that my jeep had just arrived on the lot. Didn't even know it had shipped as crypto had just updated my build on July 28. I know crypto can be off but, according to the dealership after the last lie the salesman told me and the manager corrected, no one knew it was even in transit. Since it was a late delivery I was told I can't pickup till Monday. I can't make it to the dealership until Tuesday now and it's supposed to rain both Tuesday and Wednesday and I don't want to do an inspection and take delivery in the rain, but I am so chomping at the bit.
See post #7360 from Thursday.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Crypto update on 2020 orders:

1 with a build sheet and a sticker possible soon
5 with a sticker but no official build sheet yet...may have started their build
3 probable orders with no build or sticker yet
15 possible orders with no build or sticker yet, low likelihood of being built

2021 orders pushing them all to get out the door so they can see what an assembly line looks like.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Crypto update:

Zagarus build/complete ordered date 07/05 (2020 - possibly dealer order converted to sold) Canadian order

Advertisement

Advertisement