Flip_5

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR
Clubs

Looking to put a 2.5" lift on my 2019 JLUR, and I think I have it narrowed down to either MC Game Changer, or Clayton Overland+. The Clayton comes in at about $150 less than the MC installed. The quote I got includes rocksport shocks and Adams driveshaft for both. I'm on the fence in regards to the rocksport shocks, and I'm thinking of upgrading to something a bit better, either Teraflex 3.3 or Fox 2.0 with LSC from Accutune. Does anyone have any advice regarding these lifts with either of these shock choices? Or maybe recommend better suited adjustable shocks for around the same price or less. ($1600ish for shocks)

The Jeep is my daily driver but I've taken it a few times to AOAA and Rausch Creek in Pennsylvania. Looking for a little bit more ground clearance and suspension travel over stock without sacrificing on road characteristics too much. I will most likely keep tire size to 35" or maybe 37" Ridge Grapplers, just not sure I want to put 37s on an 80miles/day daily driver. Everything is presently stock, but have a Poison Spyder Bruizer front bumper on order and a winch sitting in the garage waiting for it to arrive. I will also be upgrading the rear bumper, maybe to the Roam JL Slimline tire carrier rear bumper.

Any thoughts or suggestions regarding the lift and/or shocks?

Thanks,
Flip
Sponsored

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I’m running MC GC 2.5 with the Rocksports and 35’s and haven’t had any issues daily driving or hitting the trails at AOAA or Rausch. The 2.5 will definitely raise you more than advertised, but I find it just as comfortable and easy to drives stock with no complaints on the Rocksports. She fits just fine in my garage and parking garages.

Forgot to mention that I’m running a Fishbone bumper with winch and synthetic line and MC’s FAD and Rear Diff skids.

Good luck in your search, but think you’ll be happy either way.

Jeep Wrangler JL First Jeep, first lift, need advice... F0CFFFEC-174C-4594-97F6-8D8FC7440C4B

Last edited:

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
Looking to put a 2.5" lift on my 2019 JLUR, and I think I have it narrowed down to either MC Game Changer, or Clayton Overland+. The Clayton comes in at about $150 less than the MC installed. The quote I got includes rocksport shocks and Adams driveshaft for both. I'm on the fence in regards to the rocksport shocks, and I'm thinking of upgrading to something a bit better, either Teraflex 3.3 or Fox 2.0 with LSC from Accutune. Does anyone have any advice regarding these lifts with either of these shock choices? Or maybe recommend better suited adjustable shocks for around the same price or less. ($1600ish for shocks)

The Jeep is my daily driver but I've taken it a few times to AOAA and Rausch Creek in Pennsylvania. Looking for a little bit more ground clearance and suspension travel over stock without sacrificing on road characteristics too much. I will most likely keep tire size to 35" or maybe 37" Ridge Grapplers, just not sure I want to put 37s on an 80miles/day daily driver. Everything is presently stock, but have a Poison Spyder Bruizer front bumper on order and a winch sitting in the garage waiting for it to arrive. I will also be upgrading the rear bumper, maybe to the Roam JL Slimline tire carrier rear bumper.

Any thoughts or suggestions regarding the lift and/or shocks?

Thanks,
Flip
I'm running the Clayton 2.5 overland plus with Fox 2.0 and it's my daily driver. I run 37s on Stock Rubi wheels on road and 38s on beadlocks on the trail. This kit rides great!

IMG_20200627_235352_526.jpg

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be leaning towards the Clayton kit and Accutuned Fox 2.0's...watching this thread...

OP
OP
Flip_5

Flip_5

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR
Clubs

I'm running the Clayton 2.5 overland plus with Fox 2.0 and it's my daily driver. I run 37s on Stock Rubi wheels on road and 38s on beadlocks on the trail. This kit rides great!
As far as ride quality, how does it compare to stock when on the road?

Sponsored

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As far as ride quality, how does it compare to stock when on the road?
I would say its firmer than stock but rides super smooth not rough at all. To me the Fox 2.0 ride great although not adjustable like others.

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your not gonna find much better customer service than Clayton!
Sponsored