OMW to Rausch Creek

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
I’ve had my JLUR-R for nearly a month now and have enjoyed every bit of it so far. The second day of owning it, I made my way to one of the BOH trails in western Virginia and had a blast on Peter’s Mill Run.

But in northern VA, there is no place relatively close to hit some trails. Also, I haven’t met a group to ride with yet. So, this morning, I’m hitting the road and seeing how a guide service does on the Green Trails at Rausch Creek. I’m really looking forward to this! If anyone is out there today and sees a white Rubicon Recon with VA plates, be sure to wave and holler and I’ll do the same! I’ll report back on how it goes if there’s any interest.
Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had my JLUR-R for nearly a month now and have enjoyed every bit of it so far. The second day of owning it, I made my way to one of the BOH trails in western Virginia and had a blast on Peter’s Mill Run.

But in northern VA, there is no place relatively close to hit some trails. Also, I haven’t met a group to ride with yet. So, this morning, I’m hitting the road and seeing how a guide service does on the Green Trails at Rausch Creek. I’m really looking forward to this! If anyone is out there today and sees a white Rubicon Recon with VA plates, be sure to wave and holler and I’ll do the same! I’ll report back on how it goes if there’s any interest.
Yes, please report back, and have fun!

ASarsano

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Occupation
SFC - 68W
Vehicle Showcase
Rousch Creek is a great time. Green trail wise u can knock out 2 BOH trails (Trail 11 and Crawler Ridge) some consider Crawler ridge higher than a green so some guided rides bypass it as there are 2 particularly tricky obstacles. Theres a 3rd as well (Crawl Daddy)but its deff not a green ride all take some pinstripes and drag the pumpkin a few times on that one lol Lots of trails and over all great place.

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
Most definitely a fun place with great people. For those new to off roading, they offer an awesome beginner class where they really teach you the capabilities of your Jeep and how to use them on real trails. I had a blast when I went.

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
Look up NOVA Jeepers. They get put together some good beginner classes. You can also head out to the Cove just outside of Winchester but will want to go with a group. NOVA makes some runs out there.

Sponsored

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
I'm in Richmond with a sport unlimited. I plan to get out there for a beginners course too. Please report back how it was.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Rausch is always a good time. The 101 is great for new off roaders, definitely recommended. Plan to take the 202 later this fall.

Have fun, be safe!

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
That is so awesome, man! I'm hoping to take the 101 course there either late this fall or early next spring.

OP
OP
Sparky1352

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
Rousch Creek is a great time. Green trail wise u can knock out 2 BOH trails (Trail 11 and Crawler Ridge) some consider Crawler ridge higher than a green so some guided rides bypass it as there are 2 particularly tricky obstacles. Theres a 3rd as well (Crawl Daddy)but its deff not a green ride all take some pinstripes and drag the pumpkin a few times on that one lol Lots of trails and over all great place.
I paid a tour company to go on a group ride today since I didn't have a second vehicle to get into the area with. Unfortunately, our tour guide didn't take us to Trail #11 or Crawler Ridge, despite being asked by several of us to do so. The guide had concerns about the capabilities of one of the vehicles in our group.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sparky1352

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
Look up NOVA Jeepers. They get put together some good beginner classes. You can also head out to the Cove just outside of Winchester but will want to go with a group. NOVA makes some runs out there.
I'm a member on that forum as well, but I don't frequent it much. I'll have to start looking on there more often. Thanks for the heads up!

OP
OP
Sparky1352

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
I'm in Richmond with a sport unlimited. I plan to get out there for a beginners course too. Please report back how it was.
I didn't do the beginner's course, but did do a run on the green trails with ORC. I'd be surprised if you didn't have a blast doing the 101 course. The group that did it today came back in as we were airing up our tires and they were all grinning ear to ear. I've already decided I'll do their 201 course later this year.

OP
OP
Sparky1352

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
I got a LOT of video on the GoPro, but it'll be a bit before I can go through it and put something together for here. So, these are the last of the contributions from today's ride. It was an awesome day and I will definitely be going back many more times!

Jeep Wrangler JL OMW to Rausch Creek IMG_0313

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I paid a tour company to go on a group ride today since I didn't have a second vehicle to get into the area with. Unfortunately, our tour guide didn't take us to Trail #11 or Crawler Ridge, despite being asked by several of us to do so. The guide had concerns about the capabilities of one of the vehicles in our group.
That's no fun.....
Sponsored